Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know if others get theirs automatically after the first initial request. I wanted to mention it since there have been others following in this thread about the DVA. The first time I got another $40 in the mail automatically I was a little alarmed but then I had read someone else had the same, then I had another $20 shortly after that. I honestly need to go back in and validate what they have sent me is what I have earned. That is my biggest pet peeve (and wish list item) is that it doesn't show what you've earned and been sent so it's sometimes hard to keep up unless you have really good notes :) Would be nice if they owed me more!

Heather

Hi there! I followed your lead and created a spreadsheet showing both what I paid from the DVA and bonuses received. I've never received an automatic bonus payment, but I suspect its just because I request the bonus before they have time to send it.

Jodie

Can one of you or anyone help me with a DVA question. My account has been up for months now. I tried to use it for our April '15 cruise but I hadn't had it opened for 120 days before spending. It was open for 120 days prior to the sail date, but that doesn't count (per DVA, I called). Either way, we just planned a November WDW trip. Do I have to sent up a new "vacation" in order to earn the bonus or now since my account has been open for greater than 120 days anything I add and use will earn the bonus? Trying not to miss it again. Missed out on $160 last time!

Can one of you or anyone help me with a DVA question. My account has been up for months now. I tried to use it for our April '15 cruise but I hadn't had it opened for 120 days before spending. It was open for 120 days prior to the sail date, but that doesn't count (per DVA, I called). Either way, we just planned a November WDW trip. Do I have to sent up a new "vacation" in order to earn the bonus or now since my account has been open for greater than 120 days anything I add and use will earn the bonus? Trying not to miss it again. Missed out on $160 last time!

I have one "Vacation" setup that I just keep changing the vacation dates for. I think each vacation actually has to be open for 120 days prior. So, if you still have your DCL account open in your DVA, you can just contribute to that/use that to pay. It makes no difference in Disney's eyes. That way, your account has already been open for 120 days.

I have one "Vacation" setup that I just keep changing the vacation dates for. I think each vacation actually has to be open for 120 days prior. So, if you still have your DCL account open in your DVA, you can just contribute to that/use that to pay. It makes no difference in Disney's eyes. That way, your account has already been open for 120 days.

And you have earned the bonus doing this? That's what I was afraid of so I changed the vacation dates of my April cruise to a trip in Nov. but I also changed the type, I hope that doesn't mess anything up.

And you have earned the bonus doing this? That's what I was afraid of so I changed the vacation dates of my April cruise to a trip in Nov. but I also changed the type, I hope that doesn't mess anything up.

Yes, I've done this. Never with a cruise vs. a hotel... But I have paid for WDW, DLR, and Aulani vacations out of my "WDW Vacation 201X" account (I just keep changing the name/dates of the existing vacation, instead of creating a new one.

I am having a terrible time on ebay. I am having a hard time with paying with gift cards. My transaction is $1100. I am paying with 22 $50 gift cards. Every time I put the 10th gift card in, I receive the following error. What am I doing wrong?

We are currently having technical difficulties processing your code
•Your coupon or redemption code was not applied

I am having a terrible time on ebay. I am having a hard time with paying with gift cards. My transaction is $1100. I am paying with 22 $50 gift cards. Every time I put the 10th gift card in, I receive the following error. What am I doing wrong?

See my previous post

You can use a maximum of 8 gift cards per transaction (and a max of $500/transaction). This inherently limits the amount of GC you can buy in one transaction. Also, unverified PayPal accounts can spend only $500 total using eBay gift cards every 30 days. Verified PayPal accounts can use up to $5,000 every 180 days.

I don't think you have to do this (of course it doesn't hurt anything). The ACCOUNT just has to be opened for 120 days. I think the vacations you set up are more for your own tracking/budgeting. As long as your account has been open for 120 days, you should get the bonus regardless of what you name your vacation.

Jodie

So - don't hold me to this, but my experience when I first started my DVA was that I did earn what I spent prior to 120 days. I understood it that the BONUS is not earned until 120 days and therefore you can't request it until then. I know this is how my first one worked and I also know others confirmed this happened with them as well. After 120 days and you've spent at least $1000 you should see the option to request your bonus in the drop down menu. Don't give up yet and of course YMMV. When is your 120 days up? I know the wording doesn't lean to this being the case and clearly the CM's say it doesn't either but I know for a fact I got credit for mine and again, as well as others.

As Jodie mentioned don't open a new account so you don't get another account number but it's no problem to change the name (or not) to your existing account.

Heather

Anyone know whats up with cardpool? They had over 150 Target electronic gift cards this morning and now they don't have any? I have never seen them sold out.

I decided to quit being lazy and try to do the eBay deal. I just ordered for the first time through carpool. How do they verify you? I got my order confirmation - I ordered around $300 worth of Target cards. Will I just get a verification email? I may be a day late and dollar short on this deal!

I decided to quit being lazy and try to do the eBay deal. I just ordered for the first time through carpool. How do they verify you? I got my order confirmation - I ordered around $300 worth of Target cards. Will I just get a verification email? I may be a day late and dollar short on this deal!

Someone will call the phone number you registered with.

Just FYI: To the DVA question - strangely the last three times I've hit my $1000 thresholds in my account, Disney has automatically sent my $20 Bonus cards to me, without asking. I guess I'm okay with this, but just an FYI sometimes you don't even have to request it. I know other posters have commented on this as well so not sure why it happens or if this is a new change for them? The first time (or two) I did initiate the request through the website, but I haven't since that time.

Heather

Funny you mentioned this. I just got an email today from DVA saying they just sent me my $20 bonus and I haven't even requested it yet.

I bought our MVMCP tickets yesterday which put my spending over $1000. I still have to buy our park tickets and pay off the hotel room with my DVA which will be another $1000 spent.

I was wanting to save it up and just have my bonus all on one card, but I guess I'm not getting that option, lol.

Anyone know whats up with cardpool? They had over 150 Target electronic gift cards this morning and now they don't have any? I have never seen them sold out.

Everyone's buying them in order to get in on the discounted ebay gift cards on target.com

I buy from gift card zen also, but they are wiped out as well.

Raise.com has been sold out as well. Right now they have 2 non discounted target gift cards worth 2.00! lol

So, the target gift cards that you buy from ebay, you have to wait for them to be delivered to you in mail?? They are not ecards?

I think I went to cardpool when they were refreshing their inventory. 5 minutes later I updated and there were 200 available including some high dollar ones.

I had an order that I placed yesterday afternoon with Cardpool cancelled late today. :( Then when I went back and tried to order more Target g/cs to replace the ones that were cancelled, they are out. It shows that they have them, but then when you try to buy them it says your cart is empty.

Hoping they get more in stock soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter