Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can one buy discounted Southwest GC or can you? Are there any for rental car companies?

A RED Card is Target's store credit card. It gets you a 5% discount on all your purchases at Target stores and on Target.com, among other benefits. I applied in the store and was approved instantly. I can't remember how long it took for the actual card to come in the mail after that, maybe a week.

If you have a Target RED card, you can effectively "double dip" on the discount by buying your Disney GC's online. If you set the RED card as your default payment method on your Target.com account, you will still get the 5% discount even if you actually pay with Target GCs. So, buy discounted Target GCs on raise.com or similar site (or even better get them "free" - there are various points apps/sites that offer Target GCs as rewards), and use those discounted/free GCs to purchase Disney GCs with a 5% discount on Target.com.
Hello. I have the target red debit and having a hard time trying to figure out how to set the default payment to my red card. A friend told me it does it during activation but I dont think thats correct. Could you please explain how I can do this. Thank you :)

Are you talking about Southwest Airlines? If you go back to raise.com it looks like there is about a 5% discount on them there.
Would it be a better deal to purchase target gc from raise then over to target.com and purchase the SW gc from there?

I purchased Target giftcards for my Southwest order last week. Southwest cards on Target.com come about 1 hour to your email after purchase. Discount on raise was bigger on Target than Southwest cards at the time.

OK.... which one of you just snagged that 6.7% Target GC off Raise? Grrrrr ;)

And really, I should use this moment of mediocre humor to ask my two actual questions.

(1) What is the process for combining these e-Gift cards from Target into a single gift card? And follow-up: what was the purpose of having purchased/obtained an initial physical gift card?

and

(2) Once these Disney GCs start arriving, how do I apply them to my remaining resort balance? Can I do that online or do I need to call?

Thanks, all. This really feels like a fun, and potentially expensive, game! :)

I purchased a couple yesterday afternoon for 6.7 and one for 6.6%. If it was me, I am sorry. If it wasn't me...someone stole your good deal!! :)

I purchased Target giftcards for my Southwest order last week. Southwest cards on Target.com come about 1 hour to your email after purchase. Discount on raise was bigger on Target than Southwest cards at the time.
Did you have to set the red card debit as default payment to get the extra discount? If so how did you set the red card as being thr default payment. For the life of me I cant figure it out

Did you have to set the red card debit as default payment to get the extra discount? If so how did you set the red card as being thr default payment. For the life of me I cant figure it out
I have the Prepaid red card and I am awaiting a replacement to come in. I am hoping to try it next week. I just closed my actual redcard about 2 weeks ago because I wasn't using it. If the prepaid RedCard doesn't work, I will either open the debit card or see if I can reopen the credit redcard.

I have the Prepaid red card and I am awaiting a replacement to come in. I am hoping to try it next week. I just closed my actual redcard about 2 weeks ago because I wasn't using it. If the prepaid RedCard doesn't work, I will either open the debit card or see if I can reopen the credit redcard.
Thanks I have the debit one also. I just tried calling target to ask and they had no idea what I was talking about so I gave up. Lol

Would it be a better deal to purchase target gc from raise then over to target.com and purchase the SW gc from there?
I suspect that if Target has the SW cards, that you can do the same thing as the Disney cards. I just didn't look on Target to see if they are available.

Obviously if you can "Stack" the discounts though, it's better (for you that is).

I suspect that if Target has the SW cards, that you can do the same thing as the Disney cards. I just didn't look on Target to see if they are available.

Obviously if you can "Stack" the discounts though, it's better (for you that is).
Thanks! Im new to raise and trying to figure out what would be the best possible deal :)

Well, I am very disappointed to find out from Ebates, after I purchased several thousand dollars worth of Target gift cards, that they are excluded from the 2% rebate. Oh, that really makes me mad :mad: . That 2% equaled a lot of extra money for me! EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!
Did you happen to Email their customer service? I have a few friends who did and received the credit within 24 hours

I purchased a couple yesterday afternoon for 6.7 and one for 6.6%. If it was me, I am sorry. If it wasn't me...someone stole your good deal!! :)

Nope, no apologizing needed. Good for you for grabbing the deal! :) I'm enjoying the "sport" of it.

The reason is this...YOU obtain a physical gift card from the store. This way, YOU are the only one with the numbers, including PIN. Then, when you buy a "card" online (you are typically only "buying" the numbers) you can combine it to YOUR card which effectively empties the card you purchased online. This insures that the original owner of the card that you bought online doesn't turn around and "steal" your funds back after you buy their card.

Thanks! I knew it was something like this, but I was having trouble tracking down the "combine" link in the app, so I was confused how it was all being done. Found it, combined the cards, and have $400 in Disney GC on the way. Appreciate everyone's effort here. This is an addictive thread...

Exactly this. Southwest gift cards come in $200 increments via e-code or $50 increments sent through snail mail.

So plan accordingly for your family/flights. Southwest.com only allows four forms of payment so if 4 gift cards don't cover your flights you'd have to use 3 gift cards plus a credit card. What you can do is book two one ways AND/OR divide your party up to use as many gift cards as possible.

Has anyone successfully tried this scenario? Upromise gives 5% back on staples.com. If you have their MC, you get another 5% (which I have). Buy Target e-cards on staples.com for 10% off, then buy disney GC on target with 5% redcard discount, plus 2% ebates. I was looking at the 10 day hopper+more on disney for $484.58 and it seems this would bring it down to $406.

Has anyone successfully tried this scenario? Upromise gives 5% back on staples.com. If you have their MC, you get another 5% (which I have). Buy Target e-cards on staples.com for 10% off, then buy disney GC on target with 5% redcard discount, plus 2% ebates. I was looking at the 10 day hopper+more on disney for $484.58 and it seems this would bring it down to $406.
No idea about the staples part, but it's not likely you will get ebates from Target.

"e-cards" tend to be sold by a completely different line of business; usually a third party, and no discounts will apply. If you can get the Upromise and MC discounts to work, we'd all be interested in hearing about it.

"e-cards" tend to be sold by a completely different line of business; usually a third party, and no discounts will apply. If you can get the Upromise and MC discounts to work, we'd all be interested in hearing about it.

I know I can buy them with my chase ink card and get 5x points at staples, so hopefully it'll work with my upromise card too. I just bought a little to test!

Alternatively, undercovertourist offers 2.5% ebates plus you get 3% back if you have an ebates card. If you have the mousesavers link, that brings the price down to $431.82.

I saw someone else mention she gets 12-14% discounted from disney. How is that? I see raise has target for 6.1% off, but not sure how it's totalling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter