Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called Gift Card services and they are currently moving 1 by 1 to add missing funds to DVA accounts. This was apparently a HUGE issue with many many complaints, and they were waiting for the go-ahead to fix the issue. I was told that my name is on the list for today and I should have my missing $50 credited. So if you are waiting and you gave them your information, hold tight...the problem will be fixed.

I also asked if it is ok to enter more cards, and she said they are currently advising everyone that the system is fixed and to go ahead and enter cards into DVA.

Thanks for the heads up, just checked my account and it was fixed. Didn't get the call that they promised me though, but that's alright :thumbsup2

I got an email that my account had been fixed and sure enough my missing $50 was there! Glad this was fixed so easily.

Your TA will need to make the payment.
DVA rules say you can't have a TA call in your DVA payment and that you need to get the Disney Reservation number from the TA to make the payment yourself. Whether you really need to do this I am not sure. I think they are just protecting themselves if you give out your account number and someone wipes it clean.

So for chuckles...A package with 1 $50 gift card was at my main post office 30 minutes from my house for 2 days. It left last night and in now a state away. I emailed UPS to see what the issue was and to see if they could redirect it (it is after all their tracking number) but they say I have to work with Target. lol. I replied that it was a UPS tracking number and that their lack of responsibility for anything with the name INOVATIONS on it was a cop out. Of course I will not hear back and will have to play the waiting game. At least it is the package with the $50 card and not the ones with several cards in it. I did notice that my orders with higher dollars have been shipped FedEx instead. It will still come USPS, I am sure, but any over $200 where shipped FedEx. I don't usually order more that 2 at a time I have seen this.

Sold out again. Do they really go in and out of stock that quickly?
I never saw them back in stock so maybe they had a few left after fulfilling all the orders from last week?? They usually take longer than that to restock so I was surprised that someone reported them in stock again. (But then again I was busy doing online check in and making Fast Pass selections yesterday so I might have missed them!!!!!)

So for chuckles...A package with 1 $50 gift card was at my main post office 30 minutes from my house for 2 days. It left last night and in now a state away. I emailed UPS to see what the issue was and to see if they could redirect it (it is after all their tracking number) but they say I have to work with Target. lol. I replied that it was a UPS tracking number and that their lack of responsibility for anything with the name INOVATIONS on it was a cop out. Of course I will not hear back and will have to play the waiting game. At least it is the package with the $50 card and not the ones with several cards in it. I did notice that my orders with higher dollars have been shipped FedEx instead. It will still come USPS, I am sure, but any over $200 where shipped FedEx. I don't usually order more that 2 at a time I have seen this.
Target paid UPS to delivery the package, so they are UPS's customer. You are Target's customer. So, Target will work with you, and UPS will work with Target, but you can't go directly to UPS with this type of problem.

Target paid UPS to delivery the package, so they are UPS's customer. You are Target's customer. So, Target will work with you, and UPS will work with Target, but you can't go directly to UPS with this type of problem.
Oh, I get that. It's just ridiculous that anytime anything comes up with innovations delivery, they can't do anything. I did find that I can put the tracking number into USPS system to track it. It is on it's way back with a 2 day delay in delivery.

What is a good percentage for the target gift cards. I am BRAND new to this and haven't tried it. When I go on raise, I see some at 8.7% which seems pretty good to me?

I just now stumbled onto this card discount discussion and I am soooooo intrigued. I'm not sure I am ready to jump in to all the machinations for the full discounting experience but I wonder if you folks will indulge me in some dumb newbie questions? Thanks in advance!! :)

Can I physically buy Disney gift cards in a Target store using my redcard and get the 5% off? I so rarely buy gift cards I've never noticed despite the fact that I feel like I LIVE at Target!! :rotfl:

And - does one need to have the DVA to use a gift card to pay for a booked trip? Or can I just apply a gift card to my balance owed in MDE somewhere? Does the DVA save you more?

thanks in advance - even the littlest savings are great so I am eager to learn more about this!! :)

I just now stumbled onto this card discount discussion and I am soooooo intrigued. I'm not sure I am ready to jump in to all the machinations for the full discounting experience but I wonder if you folks will indulge me in some dumb newbie questions? Thanks in advance!! :)

Can I physically buy Disney gift cards in a Target store using my redcard and get the 5% off? I so rarely buy gift cards I've never noticed despite the fact that I feel like I LIVE at Target!! :rotfl:

And - does one need to have the DVA to use a gift card to pay for a booked trip? Or can I just apply a gift card to my balance owed in MDE somewhere? Does the DVA save you more?

thanks in advance - even the littlest savings are great so I am eager to learn more about this!! :)
Yes, you can get 5% at Target on "entertainment" cards (Disney) using your Red card.

No, you don't have to use a DVA for your trip. I am not aware of a way to pay with a gift cards in MDE (at least not with a room only trip. I heard you can pay online for vacations though. I can not verify that since I don't book that way.) I have had to call in my cards or pay at the resort. If you open your account 120 days prior to spending money in your DVA, and you spend $1000 through your DVA, you will be eligible for a $20 Disney GC (basically 2% back) If you spend before the 120 days, that portion will not count towards the $1000 to get the $20 bonus.
This is my understanding of it anyhow. I will miss my 120 mark by a few days.

Yes, you can go in to Target and buy Disney gift cards with your red card and get the 5% off.

You don't need a DVA to use gift cards to pay on your balance. You can pay on a package in your DME with a gift card or call in. I had to call in and use it to pay for my room only reservations. I used it to get the bonus money and it was easier to load all the gift cards and have only one account number to give the CM.

I had these same questions and here's what I was able to find out. Yes, you can get 5% off Disney GCs at Target with your red card. Never knew this either. You can get other "entertainment" GCs 5% off also.

BUT, what I learned on this board is the secret to getting a bigger discount. Buy a Target GC at a discount from a website like Raise, CardPool, CardCash, etc. I have been able to get these at 7-8% discount. THEN, go to the Target website and buy your Disney GCs (currently out of stock, but they replenish often) using the discounted Target GC. As long as you have your red card as the default payment in your target.com account, you will get the 5% discount in addition, resulting in saying 10% or more on the Disney GC purchase.

MDE and the Disney website will only take up to two GCs as payment, but if you call them they will take more GCs by phone. You also can use them to pay for your room charges at your Disney resort. I don't have a DVA, so maybe others can help you there.

I had these same questions and here's what I was able to find out. Yes, you can get 5% off Disney GCs at Target with your red card. Never knew this either. You can get other "entertainment" GCs 5% off also.

BUT, what I learned on this board is the secret to getting a bigger discount. Buy a Target GC at a discount from a website like Raise, CardPool, CardCash, etc. I have been able to get these at 7-8% discount. THEN, go to the Target website and buy your Disney GCs (currently out of stock, but they replenish often) using the discounted Target GC. As long as you have your red card as the default payment in your target.com account, you will get the 5% discount in addition, resulting in saying 10% or more on the Disney GC purchase.

MDE and the Disney website will only take up to two GCs as payment, but if you call them they will take more GCs by phone. You also can use them to pay for your room charges at your Disney resort. I don't have a DVA, so maybe others can help you there.

Thank you, and the posters above for the information! So the reason why folks are only buying Disney GC's from Target online is because the turnaround to get a physical card from Raise etc precludes an instore purchase? Just wondering since they seem to be out a lot based on what the last few pages say, and obviously there are usually a lot in store... but I guess one can't safely buy a card from Raise (etc) and then use that to buy in store due to timing and the potential draining of the card?

Thank you, and the posters above for the information! So the reason why folks are only buying Disney GC's from Target online is because the turnaround to get a physical card from Raise etc precludes an instore purchase? Just wondering since they seem to be out a lot based on what the last few pages say, and obviously there are usually a lot in store... but I guess one can't safely buy a card from Raise (etc) and then use that to buy in store due to timing and the potential draining of the card?

If you buy in store with a Target GC, you don't get the 5% red card discount. You only get the 5% discount when using a Target GC online. I don't think anyone is sure if this is a glitch Target hasn't realized is there or if it's like this on purpose.

If you buy in store with a Target GC, you don't get the 5% red card discount. You only get the 5% discount when using a Target GC online. I don't think anyone is sure if this is a glitch Target hasn't realized is there or if it's like this on purpose.

Oh why didn't I realize that? DUH. Thank you! OMG the DisBoards are so smart! I feel like I just stumbled on an awesome saving secret! :mickeyjum

Here's another question - I am seeing that people are paying on Raise (etc) with a credit card - is anyone using their Chase Disney card? I'm guessing that would give you the 1% in rewards too? Or is that not for gift card purchases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter