• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My three local Kroger's in Michigan will not give you 4x fuel points unless it is on a fixed amount card. I have inquired many times over the last 2 years and have never been able to get the points. I can only get them on the $25 and $50 cards. Maybe different states have different policies.

Good point. I guess it's a good idea to test first, you wouldn't want to put a lot of money on a card then find out in your area they don't credit. Always check your receipt before you leave the store.

My three local Kroger's in Michigan will not give you 4x fuel points unless it is on a fixed amount card. I have inquired many times over the last 2 years and have never been able to get the points. I can only get them on the $25 and $50 cards. Maybe different states have different policies.

I'm in VA. I've also bought Gap options variable load cards and received 4x points.

I bought park tickets online and entered DVA account number in box for gift card (there was no DVA option, though I've seen it online for a couple of online purchases). I also just used it for Fantasmic Dessert party over the phone. I said to CM "I'm using DVA to pay and I think you just enter my acct number as a gift card". She seemed to already know, so it seems like CMs are starting to know about it more. I leave for DL a week from today and plan to use for APs and hotel. I plan to charge all meals and merchandise to room and pay off using DVA. Will let everyone know how it goes. The WDW trip in Nov is a much bigger trip (week instead of 3 nights and four vs two people), so using DL trip as test case.

Wow! This DVA thing sounds pretty nifty!

Have a wonderful trip! Sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous :3

Wow! This DVA thing sounds pretty nifty!

Have a wonderful trip! Sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous :3

So far, it has been but I don't quite trust it yet? The info I learned here about using acct # as GC was a biggee, as there weren't always spaces online for DVA and people were reporting CMs didn't know what it was. With that info, I have had no problems using it.

The real test will be next week at DL, where I will attempt to use it at on-site hotel and charge everything to the room. I plan to stop by each night and pay down balance to zero. Will definitely share my experience but so far, I am cautiously optimistic, though still hanging onto all GCs in case. ;)

The real test will be next week at DL, where I will attempt to use it at on-site hotel and charge everything to the room. I plan to stop by each night and pay down balance to zero. Will definitely share my experience but so far, I am cautiously optimistic, though still hanging onto all GCs in case. ;)

Way back when I opened my DVA, I did a bunch of reading on what you can/cannot do with one. From what I read, I do not think you'll be able to do the above. I THINK the idea is to use it for ticket/package/cruise purchases, not hotel room/meal purchases. Please report back. I would love to know if this works for you. Good luck!

Jodie

pillow said:
Way back when I opened my DVA, I did a bunch of reading on what you can/cannot do with one. From what I read, I do not think you'll be able to do the above. I THINK the idea is to use it for ticket/package/cruise purchases, not hotel room/meal purchases. Please report back. I would love to know if this works for you. Good luck!

Jodie

I also thought I heard you couldn't use it for room charges. Best you could do was request a gift card for up to $500 from your dva to use for room charges.

They may prefer you use DVA towards higher price packages, but I'm not sure they can restrict use of the account and/or gift cards (by limiting how many you can use for a transaction) without regulatory issues. Also, since account number works the same as a GC on a transaction, I'm not sure how or why it could be stopped. Though, I could see a CM getting nervous they don't physically have a GC in front of them.

I don't know how DVA is set up as a program (banking wise), but I am definitely experimenting and accept the risk that I may not be able to use DVA the way I intend to. That's why I still have all the GCs and receipts, in case I have to back them all out and use individually on next trip.

I'm in a unique place of having three trips between now and Nov and being able to tie up some cash in GCs, knowing I can eventually use them in next 90 days, so I am definitely pushing the envelope to see how it all works. I'm not shy about getting managers involved either and/or raising a stink where appropriate (not at frontline CMs).

Sometimes Disney seems to make it hard to give them money. We'll see on this one. :lmao:

If you live near an Ahart's, they have a special this week. Spend $100 on gift cards, get a $10 Catalina coupon for future grocery purchase of $50 or more.
I bought all the Disney Cards they had in stock, $200, in two separate purchases and got a $10 coupon each time. So don't let them tell you it's only for the gift cards pictured in the ad.;)

So... next experience using Disney Vacation Account to consolidate gift cards was good (but only because I knew to tell CM to use account number as a gift card).

I just purchased AP's for Disneyland using DVA. I could not do it online, as it only offered a credit card option to pay (no gift card, no DVA). I called the AP line and was able to purchase over the phone. CM was very nice and said even she learned something (DVA Account number can be entered as Gift Card and it will work).

Hi. Not sure if it's in this thread (did a search), but if you have a business, even a tiny one like occasional ebay selling, you can get a Chase Ink Bold or Plus card.

These, when used at OfficeMax/Depot/Staples (where I buy gift cards), give 5 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar, worth at a minimum 7% (1.42 cents each value for Southwest Airlines fares, among other things).

My OfficeMax store only has $50 Disney GCs, though, which makes it a pain to use for purposes like DVC dues. But they spend at Disney just fine.

You can go through online portals often to get a bit more.

Hooray! I just ordered my 3rd set of $150 gc's from Sam's! Hooray!

That makes $450 in my stash, and 2 more months to earn swagbucks toward more cards!

Just read on a different thread that Target is no longer selling Disney Gift Cards. I could not find them on Target.com. I have seen post stating they were out. When they run out is picture if the gift card removed? Or Is there just a message that states "currently unavailable"?

Just read on a different thread that Target is no longer selling Disney Gift Cards. I could not find them on Target.com. I have seen post stating they were out. When they run out is picture if the gift card removed? Or Is there just a message that states "currently unavailable"?

Usually it says unavailable. This is not a good sign. I have until October to pay my trip off and I only have bought about 25% of the gift cards that I need :( Hope they will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter