• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I let points expire once, and now I'm more careful. To be honest, if you don't get the full 35 gallons and use lots of gas, I think there are other discounts out there that are better. For someone who doesn't use lots of gas, I like the idea of buying Walmart gift cards at a discount, and then using that gift card to buy discount Disney gift cards at Sams. That the best thing out there now imo if not using Kroger.

Perhaps, however, I don't have a Sams membership. With only my husband and me in the household, we cannot justify a Sams membership.

And I'm not getting another credit card just to get cashback points. Our credit card balance is too high as it is. And I'm not disciplined enought to pay off another credit card every month.

Honestly, time is money. I sometimes use the Target Red Card to get gift cards. But I'm not a frequent Target shopping. It's out of the way, and it's usually not worth the hassle. Meanwhile, there's practically a Kroger's every mile here (Kroger's corporate headquarters is about 15 miles north of me in Downtown Cincinnati). So it's easy to drop in the closest Krogers and pick up a gift card. I know I'm only saving about $1.30 when I buy a $25 iTunes gift card at 4X points. However, that extra $1.30 is an extra iTunes download.

I told my husband not to use the fuel discount! He likes to fill up when he still has about 1/4 tank - so even less savings!

My husband is the same way. He complains when I get down below 1/8 tank. Before he got the company car, we coordinated getting gas at the same time a few times. Even then, we were lucky to get 20 gallons.

We're hoping have matching empty tanks by the end of this week so we can see if we can fill up back to back to get 34 gallons total. I have never been this interested in my gas tank level! :lmao:

Even though Kroger's is close, the closest Krogers gas station isn't too close (about five miles from home, and I have to pass several gas stations to get there...plus my workplace). Sometimes, if my gas tank is low, I'll just put a couple of gallons in my tank to get me through until when I can get to the Krogers gas station again.

I use speedway rewards. Each week I put $100 on a speedway gift card. Depending on the month that earns me 1500-2000 points. My husband does this also but not weekly I as drive much more. We then redeem these points for a $50 visa gift card. I use that $50 Visa card to buy a $50 Disney card. When we are not planning for Disney the gift card goes to something else.

We didn't plan far in advance for our trip, but we did buy the Disney GC at Kroger. We are planning on using as many points as we can ourselves and then give the others away to friends and random people at the pumps.

I don't know if or when gas goes bad. We always use our gas within a week or two at the most. Lucky you! I wish I used what you do in gas. Between my DH and I, we use about 35 gallons/week.

If you wanted to take gas cans, you would use the extra gas in a few weeks, so I don't think your gas would go bad. You would just have to carefully plan how many gift cards to buy so that you don't end up with more fuel points than you can use.

Jodie

We use a lot of gas too! There are 3 drivers in my household. DS17 drives 45 minutes round trip to school each day. DH travels all over the state for business. He gets to write off his mileage on our taxes but has to pay for his gas. I drive the least - 30 minutes round trip for work. We have no trouble using all our fuel points and reaching the 35 gallon maximum! Since we only go to WDW or DLR every couple of years, I buy Disney gift cards with Kroger's 4x fuel points for 2 years before our trip. It is a no brainer for us!

If I use my Disney Visa at Kroger to buy the Disney gift cards will I also get the 2% back from Visa?

We don't have Krogers here, so I've been buying the Target GC's. I do have a Sam's membership but it looks like the Target cards are still just a smidge better. Just by a few cents though...

We don't have Krogers here, so I've been buying the Target GC's. I do have a Sam's membership but it looks like the Target cards are still just a smidge better. Just by a few cents though...

But when you add the cash back from your whatever credit card you use, it makes Sams the better buy - just by a hair.

Jodie

Has anyone seen the gift cards in other grocery stores besides Krogers? I looked at A&P and didn't see any. Reason I ask is if you have an American express card and you spend $50 at a grocery store they will give you $10 back. And this can be used 3 separate times...... I don't think Walmart and Target count as it has to be a grocery store....

Just got mine. I bought enough to pay our room and a little more. It will save enough to pay for our Chef Mickey's meal--well, almost. Thanks for letting us know. We don't have a Kroger around here and I don't want a Target card. But, I do love to save money. :-)
And, I was able to pay for it with my HHAmex so we get Hilton points on all of it too. :-)

Does Home Depot have any other gift cards there besides theirs (like Lowe's does)? I got that AMEX deal and was hoping to use that.

Has anyone seen the gift cards in other grocery stores besides Krogers? I looked at A&P and didn't see any. Reason I ask is if you have an American express card and you spend $50 at a grocery store they will give you $10 back. And this can be used 3 separate times...... I don't think Walmart and Target count as it has to be a grocery store....

How did you get this offer from Am Exp? Is it at any grocery store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter