• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with Target though, and now I'm kind of concerned. She said there is going to be a change in their computer system that could mean that you can't use Target gift cards to purchase other kinds of gift cards. I don't want to get stuck with $1,300 in gift cards I can't use. Debating canceling at least half of them. Gah.

ETA: She said we should be good until August first, and could not confirm if the change would affect Disney cards, only that she knew it would change their policy towards Visa gift cards etc.

It will be interesting to see if anything different happens with the Disney gift cards. I hope not!

I found this offer Sam's club which is in Indiana where I live. I can't tell if it is still valid or not. You buy a 100 Disney gift card and get a free Disney $10.00 gift card
Anyone else know of this offer & if the promotion is still ongoing?

I am subbing to this thread in hopes another target gift card deal comes along so I can use them to buy Disney gift cards.

Every little bit counts! ;)

I already posted a thread about this, but thought I was also pass info along on this thread also. Yesterday 8/3 Giant Eagle announced .20 cents off for every $50.00 spent on Giftcards instead of the usual .10 cents. Excellent deal. I purchased $1000 yesterday and tomorrow I will be buying another $1000 to finish paying my trip. Gives me $240.00 in free gas.
:cool1:

I just went back and looked at the email and it states good until 8/22. I missed that yesterday when I got the email on my phone. That should give everyone some time. :dance3:

Since I missed out on the Target deal I'm wondering if this will work... we just got married and had our registry at Target. They sent us a save 10% congrats coupon and it says I can save a additional 5% by using a Target card... do you think I can get Disney Cards using this coupon?

Since I missed out on the Target deal I'm wondering if this will work... we just got married and had our registry at Target. They sent us a save 10% congrats coupon and it says I can save a additional 5% by using a Target card... do you think I can get Disney Cards using this coupon?

WOW! That would be great if you could. I dont see why it would not work? But I hope someone knows for sure

If anybody is in Texas, the best deal on Disney gift cards can be found at certain times of the year at our HEB grocery stores. (If you search HEB on Dis, a link will come up to at thread about a $15 coupon off $100 gift card). One of these deals just ended on July 31 here. Buy a $100 Disney gift card and get a Catalina coupon printed out right at the register for $15 off your next $30 purchase. Only restriction is that the coupon can't be used on HEB gift cards...so basically you can take that coupon, buy ANOTHER $100 Disney card (for $85) and another $15 coupon will print out! You can continue to do that as many times as you wanted. I bought 16! (Not all at once, I did only 2 at a time due to the lines). Besides saving 15% on each card, I was especially thrilled to be getting an additional 5% back on my Disney Premier Visa at grocery stores (the 3 month upgrade promo), so it was win-win!!!! I got $1615 of Disney cards for $1375 (I used the final $15 coupon on a $15 Disney gift card), saving $240 and earning $68.75 in Disney rewards. Now thats a good deal!! :cool1:

I just went back and looked at the email and it states good until 8/22. I missed that yesterday when I got the email on my phone. That should give everyone some time. :dance3:

Thanks for checking!

Does anyone in Florida remember last year when Winn-Dixie ran a special for gift cards?
Seems like it was $5 off of a $50 GC maybe?
Any clue when they ran that or if they have repeated it at all?
I could have my sister pick them up for me if they run it before my trip.

Thanks for checking!

Does anyone in Florida remember last year when Winn-Dixie ran a special for gift cards?
Seems like it was $5 off of a $50 GC maybe?
Any clue when they ran that or if they have repeated it at all?
I could have my sister pick them up for me if they run it before my trip.

Your welcome!

Has anyone tried to use their red card at Target since 8/1? Did you get the 5%?

DisMomme said:
Has anyone tried to use their red card at Target since 8/1? Did you get the 5%?

My DH uses his almost everyday since he works there. No problem getting the 5% that I know of. You had a problem?

Not a huge deal but one I may take. For the next 2 weeks Price Chopper is offering $.40 off a gallon of gas for every $100 you spend on ANY gift cards. They have Target GCs. I just might buy the rest I need to pay off my trip and get Disney gcs with them at Target.

My DH uses his almost everyday since he works there. No problem getting the 5% that I know of. You had a problem?

I think is what they ment was someone posted on here a few days back that Target was going to stop the 5% on GC. I have not tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter