Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone else still getting ebates cashback when buying gift cards from Target + a small item? I have not gotten credited for my last three orders so just wondering if it is only me.

No, I stopped using ebates for Target on gift cards. I just use Mypoints and don't have to add something to the order anymore. But if I was to order something legitimate, then I would use ebates.

Do you know the date or subject title or a search suggestion? I can't find an episode with a reference to tickets or passes. TIA!

They discussed it a bit on the episode on 6/2/15 - If I remember correctly, they discussed it in detail then, what they thought would happen, etc., but that episode is somewhat outdated so I think that's more of just them speculating on how they think it will be structured.

I also remember them discussing it recently so @Pinfeathers & Golly Fluff is probably right with the date of 2/2!

Is everyone else still getting ebates cashback when buying gift cards from Target + a small item? I have not gotten credited for my last three orders so just wondering if it is only me.

I've done it 3 times in the last few weeks and I have received cash back every time. I do a lot of studying so I've been adding on pencils, paper, pencil sharpeners, etc.

I've done it 3 times in the last few weeks and I have received cash back every time. I do a lot of studying so I've been adding on pencils, paper, pencil sharpeners, etc.

That is the same kind of thing I add. I am just buying school supplies already for this next school year. With 4 kids, we go through tons of paper, pencils, markers, glue, etc. I do not order the ruler at all.

But, sadly, last three orders have not credited. May have to look into MyPoints though I hate to add yet another cashback site to my life lol.

That is the same kind of thing I add. I am just buying school supplies already for this next school year. With 4 kids, we go through tons of paper, pencils, markers, glue, etc. I do not order the ruler at all.

But, sadly, last three orders have not credited. May have to look into MyPoints though I hate to add yet another cashback site to my life lol.
I switched to My Points and it seems to have added up quickly. I won't be credited the points for 30 days but all the trips are there. I got too stressed with Ebates - sometimes it credited, sometimes not, sometimes random amounts.

I did not get credited from ebates for my last eBay gift card purchase (paid with gift card). Is that typical?

I did not get credited from ebates for my last eBay gift card purchase (paid with gift card). Is that typical?

I purchased some on Weds and still have not yet been credited. Same thing happened last week to me too, I think it took a good 4-5 days last time.

They discussed it a bit on the episode on 6/2/15 - If I remember correctly, they discussed it in detail then, what they thought would happen, etc., but that episode is somewhat outdated so I think that's more of just them speculating on how they think it will be structured.

I also remember them discussing it recently so @Pinfeathers & Golly Fluff is probably right with the date of 2/2!
It is the 2/2/16 podcast. The discussion of "yielded pricing" at Universal begins around the 30-minute mark. However, they really do not touch on the specifics of how it would be done or when. They were more focused on how price-yielding would impact the crowds (i.e. raising prices will deter attendance on in-demand days or if regular priced days would draw larger crowds than we see today because they would not be as expensive).

I just bought 4 $200 eBay gift cards and a package of mechanical pencils and my ebates showed up in less than 10 minutes. First time it has been less than 24hours. I have $126 pending payout this week for purchasing eBay on Target and target on GCM, all mine credited at 2% and 1% respectively. I know some are posting issues but I have had none in Jan/Feb.

So I am literally just back from a trip (which thanks to my disney visa points, swagbucks, and the gift card deals mentioned here I saved almost $1000 on!) and I have no idea when we will be going again. We usually go every other year, but not 100% sure that will continue since my husband has hinted at doing trying some new places since the kids are all grown. BUT I thought it would be fun to see if I could create a whole trip out of nothing so to speak. Sooooo, has anyone tried this? And what is the best amount to have in place to start churning? If I am thinking correctly, the best entry point for me would be to collect SB cash outs for Target gc's and purchase ebay from there....

Thanks for any tips or anecdotes from others who have tried this!

(and yes, this is for the fun and challenge, I realize unless I spend like 5 years I probably can't do it, but why not try right? :D )

So I am literally just back from a trip (which thanks to my disney visa points, swagbucks, and the gift card deals mentioned here I saved almost $1000 on!) and I have no idea when we will be going again. We usually go every other year, but not 100% sure that will continue since my husband has hinted at doing trying some new places since the kids are all grown. BUT I thought it would be fun to see if I could create a whole trip out of nothing so to speak. Sooooo, has anyone tried this? And what is the best amount to have in place to start churning? If I am thinking correctly, the best entry point for me would be to collect SB cash outs for Target gc's and purchase ebay from there....

Thanks for any tips or anecdotes from others who have tried this!

(and yes, this is for the fun and challenge, I realize unless I spend like 5 years I probably can't do it, but why not try right? :D )
I believe @Jen and Ashwin is currently planning/working toward a trip with no out-of-pocket expense for 2017. It may be worthwhile to go back through some of her recent posts, as she discusses her plans as to how she'll do it!
Good luck!

I believe @Jen and Ashwin is currently planning/working toward a trip with no out-of-pocket expense for 2017. It may be worthwhile to go back through some of her recent posts, as she discusses her plans as to how she'll do it!
Good luck!
stayhomemom77 has a thread where she catalogs her rewards savings which she intends to use for vacationing.

I've gone on Disney trips that were paid for almost completely with rewards. But I cheat just a little...I own DVC and only my dues come out of my rewards. The initial investment came out OOP.

My May trip and my October trips will likely be paid completely with rewards....But I am also DVC (although the October trip will not be DVC because January and May used all but 2 of my points for 2015 and 2016) and already had an AP from November. A lot of my October trip will be covered by the Discover card/apple pay bonuses that I will get for it doubling my first year. Airfare for both trips are covered by the Southwest visa/companion pass. And, of course, swagbucks and churning :) After those 2 trips are done, we are taking time off from Disney for Busch Gardens/Universal ('17) and Europe ('18).

My May trip and my October trips will likely be paid completely with rewards....But I am also DVC (although the October trip will not be DVC because January and May used all but 2 of my points for 2015 and 2016) and already had an AP from November. A lot of my October trip will be covered by the Discover card/apple pay bonuses that I will get for it doubling my first year. Airfare for both trips are covered by the Southwest visa/companion pass. And, of course, swagbucks and churning :) After those 2 trips are done, we are taking time off from Disney for Busch Gardens/Universal ('17) and Europe ('18).
Wow! That is awesome! I tried to use my discover card with Apple pay as much as I could for the extra bonus. Woukd have been nice if we could have used it to buy gift cards! What will you do with your points for 17 & 18? Bank or rent? We may take a year off for a Europe trip when our daughter graduates from college, but I haven't planned that far ahead yet. We are DVC too.

That is AWESOME! We are DVC too and we already have AP for now, but we're doing DLR in September so I'm hoping to pay for our tickets completely with rewards. If I can save up enough for our AP renewal next year I'd be so happy.

Wow! That is awesome! I tried to use my discover card with Apple pay as much as I could for the extra bonus. Woukd have been nice if we could have used it to buy gift cards! What will you do with your points for 17 & 18? Bank or rent? We may take a year off for a Europe trip when our daughter graduates from college, but I haven't planned that far ahead yet. We are DVC too.
I went to Disney for 10 days while ApplePay bonus was in effect, that helped a lot! (Especially buying 4 APs), plus Kohls at Christmas, Best Buy, Staples....I also got a few gift cards in before that got shutdown. ETA oh, and Meijer, that was really good too, especially since I moved.

I have a December use year, so we hit the tail end of things, anyway, and I only have 75 points. I will likely bank 2017 points, and either use them in 2019 at VGC, or rent them out and use that towards our '19 plans (out west to see the sites and, of course, DL) and then return to WDW in '20 when (hopefully) they have all the new stuff done :) I will used banked '18 points and '19 points for that (and borrow from '20 if need be; depends on if we do a cruise too, and how many people are involved lol).

Good luck!

We are also DVC but we only have 55 points. We just bought in May and are taking our first trip at the end of this month. Since we have 55 points, the plan is to go every two years, so our next trip will be in 2018. I am working towards paying everything with "free" money that I get through rewards programs, churning, etc. Expenses will include DVC dues, park tickets, food, transportation and souvenirs. I am anticipating this to be around $3300. I currently have $700 saved since just the start of the year.

Thanks to all of the info you wonderful people here have provided, I was able to save my family right about 31.5% on our first ever Disney trip using swagbucks, Raise, and Target for Disney gift cards. I ended up with $2950 in Disney cards, which we paid only $2021 for. I cannot even explain just how thrilled I am about this. There is definitely no way I could have pulled this off without everything you have all shared here. We just decided in early September to take this trip and I joined swagbucks around the end of September. I cannot believe I was able to save so much in just a few short months. Now I know with more time the savings could really add up. We just got back a week ago and I'm already ready to plan for our next trip.

However, it looks like we'll be taking a cruise next year instead of doing Disney again. As much as we really want to go back soon, we finally might be able to get several members of our large extended family to vacation together next year and the consensus is to take a cruise. I suggested a Disney cruise, but the family has out voted me...LOL....Carnival cruise it is then.

I know this isn't Disney related at all, but I thought maybe some of you might have some ideas to help me out. I'm hoping to be able to save on Carnival gift cards using a similar method as with the Disney cards. Carnival gift cards seem to be a lot more hard to come by online than Disney cards, which I suppose should not be surprising. I did find them on Amazon. I figured if I could find some way to still churn through Target, then I would still get the 5% redcard discount there, and Target definitely does not have Carnival cards. My first thought was use swagbucks to get Target cards, but I honestly have no idea where to go from there. I have yet to find a way to get Amazon cards to churn into Carnival cards. I know swagbucks offers Amazon cards as a reward, but I was really hoping to be able to churn somehow to make the most of it all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

My first thought was use swagbucks to get Target cards, but I honestly have no idea where to go from there.
You cannot buy a gift card on amazon with an amazon gift card. You can buy them with your credit card, but not with an amazon gift card.

You can buy carnival gift cards on ebay, though, with ebay gift cards. So, churning is still possible, it is just that your final churn would be to ebay gc to purchase carnival gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter