Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this a couple of weeks ago and have added a couple updates since the 1st post. It's not the greatest format but it could be referenced and updated/revised, edited and definitely improved.
Thanks for the great summary, @Alice Sr. ! I added a link to your post in my older post rather than quote it.

Another oldish Disney Gift Card thread was resurrected from somewhere and I was reading it over out of curiosity (http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-cards-to-pay-for-disney-cruise.3128026). It looks like even as far back as June 2013, people were getting banned from Target as resellers for buying gift cards. So, looks like it is not terribly new, and incredibly arbitrary (which probably surprises no one).

Another oldish Disney Gift Card thread was resurrected from somewhere and I was reading it over out of curiosity (http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-cards-to-pay-for-disney-cruise.3128026). It looks like even as far back as June 2013, people were getting banned from Target as resellers for buying gift cards. So, looks like it is not terribly new, and incredibly arbitrary (which probably surprises no one).
Wow! That's a blast from the past! The Target Pharmacy discount was still applicable toward GC purchases when that was posted!

It appears that Target had an internal policy for identifying and banning "resellers" in 2013 but they made the policy public in the spring of 2015 following a run on limited-edition Lilly Pulitzer products that later appeared on ebay and other reseller websites for much more than the retail price tag.

Wow! That's a blast from the past! The Target Pharmacy discount was still applicable toward GC purchases when that was posted!

It appears that Target had an internal policy for identifying and banning "resellers" in 2013 but they made the policy public in the spring of 2015 following a run on limited-edition Lilly Pulitzer products that later appeared on ebay and other reseller websites for much more than the retail price tag.
But that poster wasn't banned, just threatened with not being able to use their red card? Love the person who claimed it was illegal:)

Does anyone know where you can see the Ebay bucks you have earned to date for this earning period?

It used to be under My Ebay. But I don't see it anymore.

Does anyone know where you can see the Ebay bucks you have earned to date for this earning period?

It has moved. Now you have to go under "Purchase History" in My eBay and look for the eBay bucks under "Buy".

Thanks for offering to keep a post updated with how to information for new posters, Marionnette.

Again I would just like to reiterate that as a regular contributor to the methodologies used here, this is not a "how to info thread for new posters". It is not meant to be a place where you hop in and see what we do then replicate it by following the steps and save thousands of dollars. I don't know why the urge to nurture non-contributing visitors into such savings that are taking away from what we would save amongst each other.

This thread is useful in its nebulous form. It does not need a summary page that lists out the specific things to do. If you want to help, you can help... it would be more helpful to come up with a new way to save than to document the known ways. It takes time and work to come up w these, there is no value in cleanly posting them so they get used up and gone.

Last edited:

Mine are still under My eBay. It's under the summary column. If I expand the "buy" subtitle, it's there. The amount is on another page when I click on eBay Bucks.

Again I would just like to reiterate that as a regular contributor to the methodologies used here, this is not a "how to info thread for new posters". It is not meant to be a place where you hop in and see what we do then replicate it by following the steps and save thousands of dollars. I don't know why the urge to nurture non-contributing visitors into such savings that are taking away from what we would save amongst each other.

This thread is useful in its nebulous form. It does not need a summary page that lists out the specific things to do. If you want to help, you can help... it would be more helpful to come up with a new way to save than to document the known ways. It takes time and work to come up w these, there is no value in cleanly posting them so they get used up and gone.

You can't control what others post.

Again I would just like to reiterate that as a regular contributor to the methodologies used here, this is not a "how to info thread for new posters". It is not meant to be a nice easy place where you come in and see what we do then replicate it by following the steps and save thousands of dollars. I don't know why the urge to nurture non-contributing visitors into such savings that are taking away from what we would save amongst each other.

This thread is useful in its nebulous form. It does not need a summary page that lists out the specific things to do. If you want to help, you can help... it takes time and work to come up w these, there is no value in cleanly posting them so they get used up and gone. It would be more helpful to come up with a new way to save than to document the known ways.
I agree with you to a point. There is nothing to be gained by killing the golden goose. And like you, I have told numerous newbies to read the last few pages and do a search instead of being spoon-fed the information over and over...advice which has been met with more than one unappreciative response.

However, each of us on this thread have learned something from one another. That's the purpose of these forums, whether it's how to score a coveted ADR or the best strategy for using FP+ or how to get the most for your $ at Disney. So, I'm a bit torn over whether to keep the information buried in the 10K+ responses on this thread.

I agree with you to a point. There is nothing to be gained by killing the golden goose. And like you, I have told numerous newbies to read the last few pages and do a search instead of being spoon-fed the information over and over...advice which has been met with more than one unappreciative response.

However, each of us on this thread have learned something from one another. That's the purpose of these forums, whether it's how to score a coveted ADR or the best strategy for using FP+ or how to get the most for your $ at Disney. So, I'm a bit torn over whether to keep the information buried in the 10K+ responses on this thread.

If you scroll back just 20-30 pages, the same information was detailed tens of times and drowned out many more current deals that were occurring. It's not like the information is obscured in any real way. In my view, freeing up space for MrInfinity's suggestion of finding new deals is the point of having something good to point back to when newbies ask questions.

Once Ebates posts, is the cash back (essentially) guaranteed, or do they regularly audit/review it and pull cash back that has posted?

I'm just curious if I need to babysit it to the level that I do TCB - i.e. ensuring every single transaction posts and remains in its full amount until it's designated as payable.
How long does it usually take before a transaction becomes payable on TCB? I recently used them for the first time and am still unsure how it works. My transaction says its confirmed, but is not yet payable. Do you have to reach a certain amount before you can request a payout, or does it pay every X number of days like eBates?

I also received my last order of Target GC's from GCM. Now, do I turn those back into eBay right away so I'm ready for a promo, or keep them as Target for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter