Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one thing to take full advantage of a deal. It's another thing to defraud businesses that are doing promotions to get new customers.

The site says you may buy 3 per person, but then will only let you purchase 1. I figure if my dh and I each bought the 3 we were allowed, that is still less than what I actually bought.

I do understand your point but it would be difficult to buy very many of these cards. I'm sure they know that and have it set up the way they do for that reason.

ETA: WOW! I just googled them and the feedback is HORRIBLE, as PP mentioned!! Yikes. I've used them twice and got my gift cards quickly and without issue. I will think twice about ordering again in the future, though.

I received 2 of the cards I ordered but still waiting on one - that one I did order a couple of days after the first 2 so it should be here soon. I did this deal last time and had no problems whatsoever - maybe it depends on what cards/deals people order?

Disney Movie Rewards recently added a $10 Disney GC reward for 1,000 points as well as Starbucks GC $5 for 500 pts and $10 for 1,000 pts. It said 2-4 weeks for delivery. I ordered 3 for us using my points Tuesday night and they were in my mailbox yesterday (saturday).

H-E-B grocery stores in Texas have regular (1-3 times per year) 15%-20% off Disney Gift Cards. Of course, you'd have to figure out a way to get them.

Maybe there's a business opportunity somewhere in there for me ... :rolleyes1

I'm on the lookout for these this year. I missed last years deal because we were on vacation. If you see the deal, please post asap and I will do the same.

Disney Movie Rewards recently added a $10 Disney GC reward for 1,000 points as well as Starbucks GC $5 for 500 pts and $10 for 1,000 pts. It said 2-4 weeks for delivery. I ordered 3 for us using my points Tuesday night and they were in my mailbox yesterday (saturday).

I only saw the Starbucks one listed. Could they have sold out of the Disney one already?

Costco also sells the McCormick & Schmick's gift cards for 20% off, which can be used at any Landry's restaurant (Yak & Yeti, Rainforest Cafe, TRex, etc).

Really good deal when you double up with a Landry's club reward, or AP/DVC discount :thumbsup2

Thanks again for this suggestion.
I used the McCormick & Schmick's gift cards from Costco at Yak & Yeti today. I also used my DVC discount.:thumbsup2 No problems.

I used the McCormick & Schmick's gift cards from Costco at Yak & Yeti today. I also used my DVC discount.:thumbsup2 No problems.
Awesome! Thanks for posting. I just bought the $100 for $79.99, arrived in the mail last week. Now I know I can use it there!

Just curious, do you think this can be used at the quick service Yak and Yeti?:surfweb:

Throughout this thread, many have inquired about consolidating your smaller Disney Gift Cards into larger amounts. I wanted to let the DIS know that indeed you can still do this by calling the number on the back on the gift card.

My Mom bought 20 $50 gift cards for $38 each with her RedCard from Target during one of their annual December weekend sales, paying $760 total. This is her report after I advised her to call during weekday business hours:

Called today about combining the money on my gift cards. Got a nice guy named Joey. He said to copy the back of the card and the receipt from the purchase and to FAX it to him. Luckily we still had both cards and receipts. The limit was $1000. So I did that much.

She scanned in her gift cards and her receipts and emailed the images to him. Joey called her personally today to tell her it worked. She called the automated line today and indeed she had $1000 on one gift card. One reason this was important for us is that we get a 10% discount on tickets if you order on the Disney corporate partner website, which now has a 1 Gift Card limit, so we are glad to get to use the gift cards on the tickets.

Hope this helps. This is yet another reason to SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS when buying Disney Gift Cards, and don't throw them away until the Gift Card value is $0 with no chance at a refund.

Throughout this thread, many have inquired about consolidating your smaller Disney Gift Cards into larger amounts. I wanted to let the DIS know that indeed you can still do this.

My Mom bought 20 $50 gift cards for $38 each with her RedCard from Target during one of their annual December weekend sales, paying $760 total. Her report after I advised her to call during weekday business hours:

She scanned in her gift cards and her receipts and emailed the images to him. Joey called her personally today to tell her it worked. She called the automated line today and indeed she had $1000 on one gift card. One reason this was important for us is that we get a 10% discount on tickets if you order on the Disney corporate partner website, which now has a 1 Gift Card limit, so we are glad to get to use the gift cards on the tickets.

Hope this helps. This is yet another reason to SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS when buying Disney Gift Cards, and don't throw them away until the Gift Card value is $0 with no chance at a refund.

Who did she call to do this?

Has anyone successfully redeemed Target gift cards for Disney GC's lately? I have some MyPoints points to redeem, and trying to figure out what card to get with them. Walgreen's wouldn't let me do it before, so that is out. I can also get a Prepaid Visa, but that is more points, so if I can use the Target card for it, that would be ideal.

Has anyone successfully redeemed Target gift cards for Disney GC's lately? I have some MyPoints points to redeem, and trying to figure out what card to get with them. Walgreen's wouldn't let me do it before, so that is out. I can also get a Prepaid Visa, but that is more points, so if I can use the Target card for it, that would be ideal.

In December, you got a $10 Target Gift Card with every $50 Disney "Entertainment" Card purchase. You could then turn around and buy a second $50 Disney card for $40 and the $10 Target Gift Card ($38 if you used a Target RedCard). You could also do 5 transactions at once, get 5 Target Gift Cards, and then pay for the next Disney card with those 5 Target Gift Cards and no additional cash. So in December you were able to use Target Gift Cards to buy Disney cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter