• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited...just spent my $500 on my disney rewards card. I ended up getting the $0 fee one. I know that this isn't the disney visa thread ..but I do get get a gift card and Im excited so I had to shout it out. Have been told that some get them right away. I sure hope it doesn't take long...I need it for August.

I did the same thing and got my $200 in the mail yesterday just a week after making my $500 payment on my new Visa. I am totally excited about it. I know that the "rewards" that I get on my Disney Visa expire but does anyone know if the gift cards also expired after a certain amount of time ?

I did the same thing and got my $200 in the mail yesterday just a week after making my $500 payment on my new Visa. I am totally excited about it. I know that the "rewards" that I get on my Disney Visa expire but does anyone know if the gift cards also expired after a certain amount of time ?

Standard Disney GCs do not expire, so if that is what you received then no they don't.

Just had a $200 gc order cancelled by target. I went to add another item to my cart so a tiny bit went on my red card but now the gc balance is zero. How long after a cancellation do the funds go back on the card?

not sure how long it will take but do you know why it was cancelled?
Nope. The email just said there was a problem with the order and it was cancelled. Now when I check, the balance shows as zero and it says the card is in a "forced closed status." I've purchased $2000 in gift cards so far and never had a problem. Maybe I should contact giftcard zen?

Last edited:
Ok so I called Target this morning. Rep said order was cancelled because you cannot order gift cards paying with a gift card. BUT my Target gift card balance is still 0.00 so the $200 from the cancelled order was never refunded back to the gift card. I have to speak with someone in the gift card area and they don't open for another 20 minutes. I'll call them when they open and see what's going on. I can always try to reorder using either my husband's Target account or by adding something else small that I need anyway to my Target order so that a little bit charges to the red card. Like I said I've ordered 1000's of dollars worth in the past three weeks and this is the first issue I've had with them flagging it.

Nope. The email just said there was a problem with the order and it was cancelled. Now when I check, the balance shows as zero and it says the card is in a "forced closed status." I've purchased $2000 in gift cards so far and never had a problem. Maybe I should contact giftcard zen?
"Forced closed status" is what target's website says when a target gift card has had the balance transferred from one card to another-like if you buy cards online then transfer them onto an existing "safe" card you purchased directly from Target-if you try to access the old card again after transferring the balance you will get that message
If you did not transfer money off the card in question I would absolutely contact target and/or gift card zen the original owner may be trying to pull a fast one-perhaps it is just a computer glitch but I wouldn't wait to find out

Ok so I called Target this morning. Rep said order was cancelled because you cannot order gift cards paying with a gift card. BUT my Target gift card balance is still 0.00 so the $200 from the cancelled order was never refunded back to the gift card. I have to speak with someone in the gift card area and they don't open for another 20 minutes. I'll call them when they open and see what's going on. I can always try to reorder using either my husband's Target account or by adding something else small that I need anyway to my Target order so that a little bit charges to the red card. Like I said I've ordered 1000's of dollars worth in the past three weeks and this is the first issue I've had with them flagging it.
Unless that is a new policy I just ordered a $100 disney gift card using a target gift card in tues

That is so odd they're saying you can't buy a gift card with a gift card. Oh I'm hoping this isn't a new thing. I've got like, $150 in target gcs that I need to use. Crud. My amount is like, just under what covers it so I'm concerned I'll see the same thing happen...wondering if I should try.

I just placed an order. No tax was added and I paid with a Target GCs employing the usual method. The order went thru and I got a confirmation email. We'll see if it gets canceled.

BTW- Thank you to whoever it was that recommended asking that a signature be required upon delivery. My last order came via UPS instead of using Mail Innovations. My previous order which came via Mail Innovations took a tour of the East Coast before being delivered by the post office.

I bought Starbucks as well. The gift card email was from Starbucks and starbucks egift card was the memo. It was delivered to my junk email folder. Try looking there. I ordered at 10:10 and received it at 10:17 this morning (EST)

Not only have I not received an email, it is still listed as "In Review" under "My Orders" on the Dlyte page. I'm not real sure about this...:sad2:.

I ordered first thing this morning and just now received mine.

Here's an update on the Dlyte offer from Swagbucks....

I ordered a $25 Starbucks gift card on 6/19 and the 1500 SB were available in my account on 6/22. My order status on Dlyte is still showing "In Review"...SIX DAYS LATER:headache:. I e-mailed them via their "Contact Us" link on 6/23 and have had no response. Luckily, my credit card has not been charged yet either. I'm not sure what their deal is, but I am not going to do any further business with a company that takes over a week to process an electronically-delivered gift card order.

Oh, and I've already redeemed the 1500 SB so if the order never goes through, will I "owe" them 1500 back?

I did an order too just now, just to use up the Target GCs I had. I did have to pay like, .50 on my red card, and I got a confirmation email as well. I'll be happy once it shows shipped. I think I'm paranoid about it all.

Here's an update on the Dlyte offer from Swagbucks....

I ordered a $25 Starbucks gift card on 6/19 and the 1500 SB were available in my account on 6/22. My order status on Dlyte is still showing "In Review"...SIX DAYS LATER:headache:. I e-mailed them via their "Contact Us" link on 6/23 and have had no response. Luckily, my credit card has not been charged yet either. I'm not sure what their deal is, but I am not going to do any further business with a company that takes over a week to process an electronically-delivered gift card order.

Oh, and I've already redeemed the 1500 SB so if the order never goes through, will I "owe" them 1500 back?

I ordered a $50 WalMart gift card on the same day and mine is also still in review. At this point I don't care if they cancel my order but I won't be happy if SB takes away 1500!

Just got off the phone with Target. They issued the $200 back to a new e-gift card (that they've already emailed to me.) I'm going to try to use them under DH's Target account just in case mine is flagged and I'll add a bit to my red card (of items for vacation that I would have purchased anyway) and hope it pushes it through. Didn't have any problem up to this point so I'm going to hope it was just a fluke.

FYI: I placed the original order last night at 9'ish and had an email by 9:31 that it was cancelled.

ETA: Placed order under DH's account for (2) $100 gc's. I added a pack of sharpies for the kids for the autograph books. Total after discount came to $201.17. Tax was assessed only on the markers not the gift cards. Used the Target $200 gc and then put the 1.17 on my DH's red card. I'll update if it gets cancelled or shipped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter