Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally would prefer not to have these types of posts included in this thread, sorry to quote your post @LisaT91403 you are just the last one I saw, not the only one. All (or at least far more than just the BB flip) could be considered "sketchy" or "bad faith" by many, it's all relative. All are certainly entitled to their opinion but maybe start a new thread, "Throwing the first stone (and subsequent stones) at Disney Gift Card Deals gone too far".

And I totally disagree with you. I think it is fine, if not important, for members of this thread to point out activities that we find problematic. I agree with the OP, this type of transaction seems to be in bad faith. No new thread required.

SB currently has 4% back at Raise.com. There are exclusions (Target is one), but I piggybacked that with the Extra3 code.

I bought a Toys R Us listed at 4.3% off. Got 4SB's per dollar. Used the EXTRA3 code for another 3% off. Then bought a Lego Dimensions starter kit at Toys R Us which was 50% off. SB gives 2SB at Toys R Us as well. I'll keep the remaining balance for the future. Sorry that it's not Disney related, but got a quick, great deal combining all of those.

Went to Massachusetts yesterday and tried a GS there. Again, no luck purchasing ebay - system wouldn't allow it (even the sales clerk seemed surprised). I asked if I could try something other than ebay, picked a restaurant card and that went thru fine. So, at least in the northeast, it seems specifically no more buying ebay at GS with gift cards.

FYI - Cardpool has a sale on Target GCs (all 6% off).

Just be weary that their purchase guarantee only works on physical gift-cards. I have bought a bunch of digital ones without any issues, I stopped after I realized they don't guarantee those purchases.

I used to do once a week, when the ebucks promotions would come up. This quarter, I may have to do it less often, so since you aren't allowed to use more than $1000 in ebay gc every 2 months. I am looking at other ways to generate the ebay bucks as well.

On average, how often do you receive eBuck promotions? (best guess)

I just wanted to give an update I purchased Disney gift cards from target yesterday and went through ebates I was only credit for the small item. I know it had hit or miss in the last couple of weeks.

And I totally disagree with you. I think it is fine, if not important, for members of this thread to point out activities that we find problematic. I agree with the OP, this type of transaction seems to be in bad faith. No new thread required.

Nothing about this conversation appears to be Disney gift card related, and as a new reader when I asked about it I was told no one would be willing to spell it out for me. Its not very disney-like if you ask me.

Southwest gift cards are discounted on ebay right now. $100 for $95.

Another option if you're comfortable buying from a giftcard reseller on ebay is giftcardoutlet which is currently discounting Gamestop gift cards for 10%. You can then go to GS and buy SW giftcards there. One advantage is the ability to buy variable value SW GCs (up to $500) to help with the 4 GC payment limit SW has.

Nothing about this conversation appears to be Disney gift card related, and as a new reader when I asked about it I was told no one would be willing to spell it out for me. Its not very disney-like if you ask me.

I think no one is willing to spell it out for new members because the information is already in this thread all you have to do is read it. People in this thread invest their time and money to figure churns out and people want it handed to them because they don't want to invest a little time reading.

The process changes on a daily basis. As a new member that haven't really added anything to help the churn I find that also very non Disney like the comment above.

Last edited:
This thread has been around for a long time. Don't use being new to this board as an excuse for not doing your own research. Things vary day by day and we don't know what method would work best for you. You can't walk into something, demand help, and get upset when you don't get what you want. Many are tired of having to repeat that.

Eta:Ellie beat me to it

I don't think anyone would be willing to give you a quick run down. Best I can say is read the last 100 or so pages.

Churning is risky and no one wants to give you advice that may cause you to lose your vacation funds. Everything right now is YMMV. Read back through, decide what your risk tolerance is, and proceed with caution.

Personally, I am currently churning Ebay>Walgreens and back again. But, ebucks earnings have recently become limited again which caps off earnings.

Wait. Walgreens lets you buy gift cards with gift cards?

Another option if you're comfortable buying from a giftcard reseller on ebay is giftcardoutlet which is currently discounting Gamestop gift cards for 10%. You can then go to GS and buy SW giftcards there. One advantage is the ability to buy variable value SW GCs (up to $500) to help with the 4 GC payment limit SW has.

My gamestops don't allow the git card purchases.

No one would spell it out for you because generally there is quite a lot of risk involved with these transactions because they rely on store policies that can change at any moment. I think people here are very friendly and helpful when asked specific questions. But no one is going to indulge anyone's hopes at being spoon fed a get-rich-quick scheme. People ask you to read back 100+ pages to ensure that you know what risk is involved before you start engaging, because no one wants to be responsible for you tying up all of your vacation funds in GS, for example, right when they implement a system wide change. That is very disney-like if you ask me.

This thread has been around for a long time. Don't use being new to this board as an excuse for not doing your own research. Things vary day by day and we don't know what method would work best for you. You can't walk into something, demand help, and get upset when you don't get what you want. Many are tired of having to repeat that.

Eta:Ellie beat me to it

I didn't demand anything, and its fine, I can do my own research. The title of the thread is Disney Gift Cards and the conversation isn't about Disney gift cards, it is about churning Game Stop, Walgreens, ebay etc. So when someone said a comment about a deal being shady wasn't appropriate to this thread my first thought was that none of the conversation appears related to the title of the thread.

I didn't demand anything, and its fine, I can do my own research. The title of the thread is Disney Gift Cards and the conversation isn't about Disney gift cards, it is about churning Game Stop, Walgreens, ebay etc. So when someone said a comment about a deal being shady wasn't appropriate to this thread my first thought was that none of the conversation appears related to the title of the thread.

Maybe that is because you don't really understand the thread because you didn't really read it? People do this churning to maximize their discounts on Disney gift cards. That is the end game for most people here, myself included. I have gotten over $2500 in Disney gift cards at a 100% discount through the assistance and sharing I have done on this and a few other threads, so it feels very relevant to me.

No one would spell it out for you because generally there is quite a lot of risk involved with these transactions because they rely on store policies that can change at any moment. I think people here are very friendly and helpful when asked specific questions. But no one is going to indulge anyone's hopes at being spoon fed a get-rich-quick scheme. People ask you to read back 100+ pages to ensure that you know what risk is involved before you start engaging, because no one wants to be responsible for you tying up all of your vacation funds in GS, for example, right when they implement a system wide change. That is very disney-like if you ask me.

Makes a lot of sense. I was only asking because I thought I had missed how these deals were Disney gc related as that is what I will be purchasing for an upcoming trip.

My gamestops don't allow the git card purchases.

Does your GS not allow any third party GC purchases with GS GC at all? My experience and what I've heard so far is that it's just Ebay and Amazon that are not allowed but restaurants and SW purchases have been going through.

But then again, there doesn't seem to be any consistent nationwide policies for GS GCs as seen by previous posts in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter