Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it's 300 limit per household how do they prevent you from buying more than 300. If I went at 6 and bought $300 and then got some breakfast came back to buy $300 more how would they know about the other 300 I already bought?
Also, I really wish they offered store pickup with the gift cards.

I doubt they would.

Link please?
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3349974

It appears that the 10% is for Target brand gift cards and is limited to $300 per household. Can you use a Target gift card to purchase a Disney gift card?
Yes, you can purchase a Disney GC with a Target GC. At least, you can for now. If you make your purchase online and use your REDCard as your default payment and then switch it to pay with the Target GC, you will still get your REDCard 5% discount off of the Disney GCs.

So if it's 300 limit per household how do they prevent you from buying more than 300. If I went at 6 and bought $300 and then got some breakfast came back to buy $300 more how would they know about the other 300 I already bought?
Also, I really wish they offered store pickup with the gift cards.
It doesn't appear that there is any kind of coupon (online, in-store or otherwise). So if that's the case, there will be nothing to prevent you from doing this at different stores.

It seems odd that the GCs cannot be used until the following day, at the earliest. I assume that this is to prevent people from churning the GCs the way that they churned the $10 wys $50 discount in the past? I wonder how they will control that delay in activating the Target GCs?

So....this target gift card Black Friday deal also applies to online purchases. So if you purchase the $300 target gift cards online at 10% off and use your target redcard as payment, you get another 5% off, right? So basically that would be a 15% savings. Then after you get the cards in the mail, you could turn around and use them to purchase your Disney gift cards online with redcard as your default payment and you get another 5% savings. That would total up to 20% savings. am I getting that right?

So....this target gift card Black Friday deal also applies to online purchases. So if you purchase the $300 target gift cards online at 10% off and use your target redcard as payment, you get another 5% off, right? So basically that would be a 15% savings. Then after you get the cards in the mail, you could turn around and use them to purchase your Disney gift cards online with redcard as your default payment and you get another 5% savings. That would total up to 20% savings. am I getting that right?
The REDCard discount has never worked for purchasing Target GCs - neither in-store nor online. So, no additional 5% off the Target GCs.

The REDCard 5% discount DOES work when purchasing Disney GCs online and using Target GCs to pay for them.

Here is a major money saver. Office Depot has $100 Sears gift cards for $80. You can buy three at a time. Sears sells Disney gift cards. I did the transaction today and was able to use 3 sears gift cards to buy $300 worth of Disney gift cards. That's 20% off plus whatever rewards cards you use at Office Depot. Some sears may not let you buy gift cards with a gift card. Sears has other gift cards as well such as BP. Saving 20% on gas is awesome! This deal is on until the 18th. Have fun!:cool1:
Just wanted to say thanks again for this info from last month. I just got around to using my $1,000 worth of Sears gift cards at Sears to buy Disney gift cards. It worked PERFECTLY on the first try!:thumbsup2 People just need to be smart enough not to ask the cashiers ANY questions! If I had asked questions, the cashier would have probably told me that I couldn't do it. Please let us know if this deal pops up again. Saving 20%+ on Disney gift cards is a great feeling!

It worked well for me too! I got about $1400 worth. There is another 20% off deal at Thorntons gas stations. I have seen it said that they have sears cards, but have been unable to grab any.

Texas grocery store H-E-B has $50 Disney Gift Cards for $45 starting Wednesday, November 26th, running for 7 days through Tuesday, December 2nd.

Western pa people get target double fuel perks at giant and with gas savings the card will be 12 percent off. Then go to target website and have your red card as your default but pay for Disney giftcard using your target giftcard and savings is another 5 percent so u save 12 plus 5 and u saved 2 more using my Amex at giant so percent savings per 100 is 19 percent

Marin's/giant/stop n shop
All have 4x fuel points. .80 per gallon for every 100 spent . .80 x 25 gallons = $20
20% off every 100.. If you use a credit that gives you cash back even better deals I use my SW and get airline points

Marin's/giant/stop n shop
All have 4x fuel points. .80 per gallon for every 100 spent . .80 x 25 gallons = $20
20% off every 100.. If you use a credit that gives you cash back even better deals I use my SW and get airline points

I have been doing this at stop and shop last week and this week! Stop and shop allows you to get 35 gallons with each redemption of gas points.
Each $50 Disney gift card I purchase gives me .20 off a gallon which gets me $7.00 in free gas with a 35 gallon fill up.
Every little bit helps.
:thumbsup2

Texas grocery store H-E-B has $50 Disney Gift Cards for $45 starting Wednesday, November 26th, running for 7 days through Tuesday, December 2nd.

The 10% discount blows the Target 5% out of the water! I'm so glad it starts on Wednesday. Thanks for giving us a heads up!

Thanks so much I have been waiting for this. :cheer2:

Me too. This is the first H-E-B yellow coupon that works for Disney Gift Cards since December 2012. The 10% discount is not as good as the 2010 (33.3%) and 2012 (16.7%) yellow coupons, but it's still nice.

Is there a limit to how many you can buy at once with the HEB offer? Is it only on $50 gc or could you buy a $100 for $90?

The Disney Gift Cards they sell at H-E-B are of the $15-$500 variety. The Yellow coupon says $5 off a $50 purchase of 6 random cards, one of which is the Disney card.

So each transaction, buy one card, ask for it to loaded at $50, and give the cashier the coupon, dropping the price to $45.

I would take 3 Disney Gift Cards and 3 coupons to the register, and tell them you want to do these in 3 different transactions. That way, you are respectful to the other people checking out. Then just get back in line with 3 more, etc. until you have as many as you want. That way has worked for me several times in the past.

Good luck!

I say they won't let you use the Target Gift card to buy other gift cards especially disney

I bought Target gift cards at Kroger last week for the fuel points and just used them yesterday to buy Disney Cards on Target.com with the 5% discount.

I say they won't let you use the Target Gift card to buy other gift cards especially disney

I always wonder if posters like this have not taken the time to read through the thread????

You most certainly can buy Disney GC with Target GC. Did it yesterday and will do it again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter