Disney Fantasy -- Mechanical Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they had to refund everyone's fare it would still be manageable. Of course no company wants to not make money so they will only give you as little as they can but DCL or any cruise line for that matter won't go bankrupt if they refunded an entire ship.

Whatever. The point is what was reasonable for the company to do giving on board credit per stateroom vs per passenger.

Whatever. The point is what was reasonable for the company to do giving on board credit per stateroom vs per passenger.
Of course they should have given it per passenger. We pay per passenger. Why should a room with five people in it get the same as a room with two people in it. It's just an excuse to go cheap on Disney's part. Nothing worse than someone saying about anything irrational, "that's just how it is done."

Of course they should have given it per passenger. We pay per passenger. Why should a room with five people in it get the same as a room with two people in it. It's just an excuse to go cheap on Disney's part. Nothing worse than someone saying about anything irrational, "that's just how it is done."
Someone who is traveling alone pays the same price as a couple pays to travel in the same stateroom. Do you think it would be fair that the couple recieves twice as much credit as the single traveler even though they paid the exact same amount to sail.

Someone who is traveling alone pays the same price as a couple pays to travel in the same stateroom. Do you think it would be fair that the couple recieves twice as much credit as the single traveler even though they paid the exact same amount to sail.
It isn't feasible to take every single pax situation and make a compensation package that will suit everyone. Let alone please everyone

I think $50 per pax would have been a better way to offer compensation.

Based on approximately 4,000 passengers that would have costs DCL less and for many resulted in less credit. Which again would have been fine seeing as there was no obligation on Disney's part to do anything based on the contract we all agree to when we sail.

They would have boarded people, based on estimates on how long it would take to fix the problem. As you say, even if they leave late, they still can make their ports. They have one at sea day for this cruise before the first port. Technically, even if she remains docked until tomorrow, the activities can still go on, just like it was a sea day.

Very true. We weren't that late getting off the ship, really not at all so that wouldn't hold up departure. And we all would have heard if they were significantly delayed boarding.

They could have stayed in port all night and not much on board would have been affected.

I have to assume that the problem was fixed but took right until they sailed. They certainly wouldn't have gone out again without being able to sail normally.

That would have cost disney substantially less than the $200 per stateroom.
I dont know how many pax were aboard.
I read 1250 cabins x $200 = $250,000, so if sailing at full capacity of 4000, yes it would work out to $200,000.
Maybe $60 per pax?

We were on board this sailing and I couldn't be happier! The weather for CC was t going to be good so I feel like we got the better deal. The Capt. Stayed south and we had a lovely day at sea Thursday as opposed to heading towards CC and getting cooler earlier. On top of that we got $200 and 20%. I'll take my money and discount and thank Disney for a great cruise! The staff went out of their way to make everyone happy. But there are always people who will never be happy. I heard people screaming and dropping the f bomb at the poor booking desk agents, I felt so bad for them.

I was wondering the same about the door. Pilot boat is out again. I hope they are able to sail away soon. We were on the SWDAS cruise that got back on the 30th. We almost didn't make Castaway Cay as the winds were so bad. Took a few tries and a few hours to get in. Lots of really bad vibration in our aft cabin, along with a verandah full of soot. I thought it was maybe "normal" for this ship but maybe not.
The soot could have been just the way the wind was blowing, and pushing the exhaust down the ship instead of away. Especially if the winds kept changing.

The vibrations you felt, was it during the cruise or when the ship was docking? Ive noticed a few times on different ships that you can feel when the thrusters were working as the ship pivoted or was docking, or leaving a pier. Depended on where you when they were used.

The best part about this onboard offer is it applies to concierge cabins as well. 20% off- yay!!

Someone from an earlier post mentioned our late arrival. What I heard the captain saying is that we missing our arrival window and as such those ships arriving in time have priority to enter the port at their arrival time. We had to wait out turn.

Can you 'sell' your 20% off to someone else then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter