Disney Fantasy - June 17, 2017 - 11 night Southern Caribbean

Hubby and I will be going on this cruise. We went with the inside deluxe stateroom because veranda was too expensive. And it gives me a chance to see the virtual porthole! Past 2 cruises have been in veranda rooms, but its a little too much for our budget. Will anyone be starting a facebook group? I am also looking forward to participating in an FE! And I already have the disney app counting down. :rainbow:

Mentions of Facebooks groups on DISBoards are not liked, but yes someone has and there are currently two of them. Try searching by ship name date in the form Month Day, Year. The one with the number of nights is the active one.

Hello from the UK!:boat:
We are also booked and I'm so excited! We've done several Disney cruises but never sailed on the Fantasy, so looking forward to lots of hints and tips for the, bigger ship.

:littleangel:
Yeah, we are also from England and are booked. See you at Cape Canaveral whoops I mean Port Canaveral.

Last edited:
My Dad and I have booked this cruise! We are really excited! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise. We have never traveled to the Southern Caribbean after our many years of cruising with Disney and many other cruise lines. We couldn't pass up this opportunity with it going out of Port Canaveral which is something I have not seen before. We will probably tag on a couple days at Walt Disney World before or after this cruise as well. Being on Disney cruises in the past, I have seen the FE groups happening. I am still unaware of what this actually is. I would be interested in participating if someone would be willing to share more info about what these groups are. Thanks!

My Dad and I have booked this cruise! We are really excited! This will be our 4th Disney Cruise. We have never traveled to the Southern Caribbean after our many years of cruising with Disney and many other cruise lines. We couldn't pass up this opportunity with it going out of Port Canaveral which is something I have not seen before. We will probably tag on a couple days at Walt Disney World before or after this cruise as well. Being on Disney cruises in the past, I have seen the FE groups happening. I am still unaware of what this actually is. I would be interested in participating if someone would be willing to share more info about what these groups are. Thanks!

Here is a helpful post on the FE groups
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

We are booked as well. We previously cruised the Magic from Los Angeles to Mexico in 2006? Wonder from Galvaston to Eastern Caribbean 2014, Fantasy Western Caribbean 2015 and will be going on the Magic June 2016 Dover to Copenhagen.

Sailing will be DH Roy, DW. Karen, DD Reagan 16, DD Sierra 6 1/2 (ages at time of sailing). We picked this sailing because of the itinerary and dates. Although, this will be the first time we did not get a verandah, I think only my husband will miss it.

We would be interested in participating in a FE group as well.

Asking why I didn't save and book this while I was on the ship and saved right now?? :/
We just got off the Fantasy Western Caribbean May 1st - 7th 2016 and here I am booking thru Disney for this sail date. Ugh, I could have at least saved 10%. :(
Do you save more with a travel agent??
I have always just booked thru Disney. We have done three 7 day cruises and Im so excited to be on an 11 day cruise in our SAME room -lol Were deck 8 in a family ocean view sleeping 5.
Im having post cruise depression now, lol! **j/k**

Oh and interested in doing the FE as well :) **Hoping we do no more than 12 per group. We did this last trip and after delivering 12 I was glad that is all the rooms we had. ;P

Here is a helpful post on the FE groups
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

We are booked as well. We previously cruised the Magic from Los Angeles to Mexico in 2006? Wonder from Galvaston to Eastern Caribbean 2014, Fantasy Western Caribbean 2015 and will be going on the Magic June 2016 Dover to Copenhagen.

Sailing will be DH Roy, DW. Karen, DD Reagan 16, DD Sierra 6 1/2 (ages at time of sailing). We picked this sailing because of the itinerary and dates. Although, this will be the first time we did not get a verandah, I think only my husband will miss it.

We would be interested in participating in a FE group as well.

My understanding is you deliver gifts to all the cabins in your group on your one assigned day. Each day, either one or possibly two cabins are assigned to give gifts that day. So you don't need to give gifts everyday but you will receive gifts everyday (except on the day you are assigned to give). Did I just confuse you more?! Lol, sorry if I did

My understanding is you deliver gifts to all the cabins in your group on your one assigned day. Each day, either one or possibly two cabins are assigned to give gifts that day. So you don't need to give gifts everyday but you will receive gifts everyday (except on the day you are assigned to give). Did I just confuse you more?! Lol, sorry if I did

The FE's I've done, there wasn't any assigned day for anyone to deliver gifts. Everyone who participated just delivered their gifts when they wanted to. Most did get delivered early in the cruise, some cabins do come thru and gift more than once. I plan on starting an FE group once we get past the 1 year to go mark. :-)

The FE's I've done, there wasn't any assigned day for anyone to deliver gifts. Everyone who participated just delivered their gifts when they wanted to. Most did get delivered early in the cruise, some cabins do come thru and gift more than once. I plan on starting an FE group once we get past the 1 year to go mark. :-)
I have to say tho- it was very organized & each day the kids had something delivered everyday. The list was closed out ahead of time obviously prior to cruise.

I figure we'll get lots of chatter once we get about 9 months out. I'll be starting an FE list about that time if anyone is interested, assuming someone else hasn't already done it. :-)
Hi,
We just booked yesterday for the 11 day Southern Cruise on June 17, 2017. We're interested in the FE, if you're starting it :)
Thank you,
Elaine & Gary
Marina 12 (girl) & Grant 9 (boy)

Well, when we booked it was for a 9A GTY room. Was poking around earlier, and found out we had already been assigned a cabin. No upgrade darn it, but I think I'm pretty pleased with where we are located.

Well, when we booked it was for a 9A GTY room. Was poking around earlier, and found out we had already been assigned a cabin. No upgrade darn it, but I think I'm pretty pleased with where we are located.
That's strange. My Dad and I have a category 11C guarantee and haven't been assigned a room yet.

That's strange. My Dad and I have a category 11C guarantee and haven't been assigned a room yet.

I think it's strange that we already have an assigned cabin. I wasn't expecting anything until next May, which I believe is normal. Don't worry, you'll get a stateroom assignment.

Hi,
We booked a few weeks ago, Cat 8A and we don't have a room yet either. No worries, boat won't leave without us! ;-)
I'm super excited! I've already started working on FE gifts (LOL :)

Hi!
This is our 1st Disney Cruise! We are all so excited! I'm Kim & I'll be with my husband BJ & our son Danny (9 at the time of sailing!) I really want to be a part of the FE! I have heard such great things about it! I booked a Cat 4E, I hope that was a good choice!

Welcome all!! I'm getting ready to start putting together FE lists. I see a lot of you have expressed interest so I'll go through the posts and include anyone who has already stated they want to be included. I'll keep the groups to a max of 10 cabins, but anyone is welcome to be on more than one list if they choose. Just let me know! :) The boards of tons of info on Fish Extenders, how to make or buy one, gift ideas, how it works, etc., but feel free to post any questions here. This will be my 6th cruise and 4th time doing the FE. My family loves it! Its so much fun to come back to your room and see what goodies have been dropped off.

330 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter