Disney Fantasy Eastern ~ Jan 16, 2016

This will be our first Disney Cruise and mine and my kiddos' very first cruise ever! Very excited. My mom my daughter (7 for one day of the cruise birthday is on the second cruise day) and myself are going (girls cruise!) DD doesn't know yet (wont know until Christmas)
Welcome!! I can't wait to hear how your DD reacts to the news of her b'day cruise!! How fun!! It would be so hard for me to keep a secret like a DCL trip to myself for that long!!

Too quiet here :3dglasses

here are a few more magnets

DCL%20bumper%202a_zpsgtx0ndgj.jpg

Scroll3_zpsj7m72773.jpg

Just booked!! This is our first Disney cruise!

It'll be myself, my boyfriend, and our 5 year old little girl... But she will be 6 at time of sailing. & then my parents will be another cabin.

I really want her to get the best out of this cruise... Which she has no clue about yet!

I read through this thread and I found a candy exchange, but no FE?!?

Also, are there any tips I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance everyone & cannot wait!!!⚓

We are so excited for our 2nd Disney cruise! I haven't stopped thinking about getting back on board since our last cruise before Christmas. Our 1st cruise was on the Dream and we can't wait to sail on the Fantasy. It will be me, my husband, my daughter (9 at cruise) and our twin boys (4 at cruise time). My daughter would LOVE to find a similar aged buddy as she always enjoys girl time away from her brothers! We are also traveling with my mother and father in law and my sister in law.

This next comment is so random, but thought I would share because it's been on my mind...
We have visited WDW many times and our favorite must-have treat is the cream cheese filled pretzels. Imagine my absolute delight when I discovered cream cheese pretzels on board the Disney Dream! I'm serious - I'm embarrassed at how excited I was to find these. I had a friend who recently sailed on the Fantasy and I told her that the pretzels were a priority for her to find. :) She tried to find them and even asked a cast member only to find that they stopped serving the cream cheese pretzels about 6 months ago on the Fantasy. OH NO! Even the cast member was lamenting about it because he said all of the cast members loved the pretzels as well and they were so disappointed to see them go. I am so hoping that the cream cheese pretzels can make a return to the Fantasy before we sail in January!!

Just booked!! This is our first Disney cruise!

It'll be myself, my boyfriend, and our 5 year old little girl... But she will be 6 at time of sailing. & then my parents will be another cabin.

I really want her to get the best out of this cruise... Which she has no clue about yet!

I read through this thread and I found a candy exchange, but no FE?!?

Also, are there any tips I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance everyone & cannot wait!!!⚓

Welcome! I think you will all love the cruise!! Keep reading these boards for tips! My biggest tip would be to take time to slow down and relax...I keep having to remind myself of that when I get on board. :)

There is an FE list started on another forum, but we are not allowed to discuss other forums or social media on the DIS. You are welcome to join the group on the other forum or start a new FE group on here. :)

We are so excited for our 2nd Disney cruise! I haven't stopped thinking about getting back on board since our last cruise before Christmas. Our 1st cruise was on the Dream and we can't wait to sail on the Fantasy. It will be me, my husband, my daughter (9 at cruise) and our twin boys (4 at cruise time). My daughter would LOVE to find a similar aged buddy as she always enjoys girl time away from her brothers! We are also traveling with my mother and father in law and my sister in law.

This next comment is so random, but thought I would share because it's been on my mind...
We have visited WDW many times and our favorite must-have treat is the cream cheese filled pretzels. Imagine my absolute delight when I discovered cream cheese pretzels on board the Disney Dream! I'm serious - I'm embarrassed at how excited I was to find these. I had a friend who recently sailed on the Fantasy and I told her that the pretzels were a priority for her to find. :) She tried to find them and even asked a cast member only to find that they stopped serving the cream cheese pretzels about 6 months ago on the Fantasy. OH NO! Even the cast member was lamenting about it because he said all of the cast members loved the pretzels as well and they were so disappointed to see them go. I am so hoping that the cream cheese pretzels can make a return to the Fantasy before we sail in January!!

Welcome! You're going to love the Fantasy!

We haven't seen any pretzels on our prior cruises....but maybe we just weren't in the right place at the right time.

I wish Southwest would extend their schedule into mid January so I can figure out our travel plans. Our past DCL cruises have been a 3 and 4 night so we have always had days before and/or after in the parks. With this being a 7 night cruise we likely will not tack on much pre or post but I don't like the stress of flying in the day the cruise sails. I'm thinking fly in a day prior and make ADR for 'Ohana so I get a little Disney fix before the cruise and then book return flight for same day ship returns.

I wish Southwest would extend their schedule into mid January so I can figure out our travel plans. Our past DCL cruises have been a 3 and 4 night so we have always had days before and/or after in the parks. With this being a 7 night cruise we likely will not tack on much pre or post but I don't like the stress of flying in the day the cruise sails. I'm thinking fly in a day prior and make ADR for 'Ohana so I get a little Disney fix before the cruise and then book return flight for same day ship returns.
OMG, I agree!!! I have THREE trips I need to book as soon as SW releases the next 3 months...aaaaaa! I feel like that old Mervyn's commercial...open open open...LOL!

We are flying in a few days before this cruise, taking advantage of our DVC to stay at Boardwalk for 4 nights, then will take ME to the Port...how excited are we to board those ME buses! We just love it, it's like the start of our cruise when we get on the bus. :flower:

We have often just gone up to the Top of the World lounge the night before a cruise to see the fireworks. For this cruise we hope to be coming from a Florida home, so hopefully no pre cruise flights. I always worry about winter weather. Our Ohio house is still up for sale, we really hope it sells, soon!

Let's get this party started! Who is going on the Disney Fantasy on January 16, 2016?

We are on board.
Me -- Nancy
DH -- Brian
DS (will be 11) -- Nathan
DS (will be 8) -- Joshua
DD (will be 5) -- Alyssa

This will be our 5th DCL cruise and we are so excited to try Tortola! Actually, the kids don't know about this yet since it's so far away.

Just thought I'd get this thread started. I'm hoping someone will step up to be the FE coordinator! (I did this on our last cruise for 117 cabins, hoping to step away from the coordinator role this time, LOL)

Looking forward to meeting our fellow cruisers!

Edited to add: bobbiwoz is organizing a local candy exchange for this cruise. To sign up, please express interest in this thread or PM her.

Edited to add the roll call:
MissDaisyofTexas: 2A3C (11, 8, 5)
bafleyanne: 2A2C (14,4)
egesicki: 2A2C (9, 4)
LoveMyTwoPrincesses 2A2C (12,9)
luv2cruisedisney: 2A1C (1)
Missym919: 2A4C (15, 13, 8, 6)
HottoTrot: 6A2C
WinstonWolf: 2A2C
gatorgirl72: 2A
JOANNEL: 2A
moparop: 2A3C (11,9,6)
Stratus22: 2A2C (8, 4)
Bareacuda: 2A
jemetz: 2A2C (DD9,DS6) from Chicago
JayhawkFans: 2A1C (14)
Mikesmom88: 4A
walloon: 2A2C (16, 13)
bobbiwoz: 2A
BaySailors: 2A1C (8)
CJH1102: 2A1C (16)
Castawaycayfans: 2A2C (17, 12)
Karaeric96: 2A
Diana V.: 2A2C (5, 3)
Scoobydoo76: 2A2C (21, 18)
Andrea911: 2A2C (8,3) and parents
OzTink: 2A2C (DD12, DS8) from Australia
retromama: 2A2A +grandparents, Carissa, John, DS9 Leland, DD7 Loralei, Gma Nancy, Gpa Wally
DVClurkerRob: 2A
Mlkassi: 2A2C (7,6)
nelli88: 2A1C (DD7, birthday on the cruise)
Kmlongbr4: 2A1C (6)
aajoos: 2A3C (9,4,4)
TinkerEllesmom: 2A4C (8,9,12,15)

Thank you! We are soooo excited to be cruising Disney Fantasy! This will be our 4th Fantasy cruise! We love love the Fantasy and all the amazing memories it brings! This time we are bringing our best friends and their kiddos to join us, so it will be even more amazing!
We are JT&4E's....Jeff, Tiffany, Easton (14), Eden (11), Ethan (9), & Elle (7). (Those ages will change for a few of the kids prior to sailing).
Our best friends are Jeff, Nicole, Kirra (17), Kohl (14), Kaeli (9).

Love that this itinerary has Tortola this time too...makes it a little different for us!

Would love to know of anyone else with kiddos around the same age...especially teens. We had made some wonderful friends from our previous cruises from our son meeting kids at the kids clubs.

I have lots of tips...so if anyone needs anything or has any questions, please ask me...I'm happy to help answer them!

Thank you! We are soooo excited to be cruising Disney Fantasy! This will be our 4th Fantasy cruise! We love love the Fantasy and all the amazing memories it brings! This time we are bringing our best friends and their kiddos to join us, so it will be even more amazing!
We are JT&4E's....Jeff, Tiffany, Easton (14), Eden (11), Ethan (9), & Elle (7). (Those ages will change for a few of the kids prior to sailing).
Our best friends are Jeff, Nicole, Kirra (17), Kohl (14), Kaeli (9).

Love that this itinerary has Tortola this time too...makes it a little different for us!

Would love to know of anyone else with kiddos around the same age...especially teens. We had made some wonderful friends from our previous cruises from our son meeting kids at the kids clubs.

I have lots of tips...so if anyone needs anything or has any questions, please ask me...I'm happy to help answer them!

4th time on the Fantasy...I'm so jealous! This will be our 2nd time on the Fantasy and we loved being in the ship for 7 days. And we are also looking forward to Tortola!

My kids will be 5 (Alyssa), 8 (Joshua) and 11 (Nathan--trying out the Edge for the first time).

Welcome to the new cruisers to the group ... We have a daughter who will be 14 by cruise time.

I am starting to get concerned that our trip won't be as magical as previous trips since all of our funds will be spent on the cruise without much left over for pre/post cruise park time. I just priced out a 4 night Dream with lodging / tickets on either side of the cruise and see that for about the same $$ we could switch. AAUGH!!! Why do I do this to myself? I'm concerned that DH will get "tired" of the cruise idea after about 5 days and then we'll be stuck on the ship for an additional couple of days .......

I am very sad to have to leave this group. Our family has decided to shorten the cruise portion of our vacation and switch to the Dream for a 4 night cruise ... I was so looking forward to meeting everybody and was really excited about the candy exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter