Disney Fantasy Eastern ~ Jan 16, 2016

Does anyone have the inside scoop on the chefs table dining situation? From everything I've read it seems you need enough people to fill the small room? Is that correct? We would LOVE a chefs dining table experience! If anyone knows anything or wants to joins in on reserving it if we need a group, that would be great!
Welcome to the group!!

Are you referring to the private room in Palo? If so, that isn't really a chef's table type of experience. The room seats 10, I think you can reserve it with 6 or more in your party, but not until you board the ship. It's the same menu as you would get in Palo. The main benefits are your own dedicated server and with more people you can try LOTS of the stuff on the menu! It's fun, we have enjoyed the room for both dinners and brunch.

Welcome to the group!!

Are you referring to the private room in Palo? If so, that isn't really a chef's table type of experience. The room seats 10, I think you can reserve it with 6 or more in your party, but not until you board the ship. It's the same menu as you would get in Palo. The main benefits are your own dedicated server and with more people you can try LOTS of the stuff on the menu! It's fun, we have enjoyed the room for both dinners and brunch.
Sounds like a neat experience. Is anyone interested in eating with my husband and I?

Hi, we are booked and super excited. We are coming from Australia. It is our first US and Disney anything. Will be staying in Orlando for 11 days first, experiencing Disney World and hopefully RunDisney too! Then we are cruising with all of you friendly people. Its myself, DH, DD (12) and DS (8). I would love all your tips on what to pack, do etc.
Thanks

Hi, we are booked and super excited. We are coming from Australia. It is our first US and Disney anything. Will be staying in Orlando for 11 days first, experiencing Disney World and hopefully RunDisney too! Then we are cruising with all of you friendly people. Its myself, DH, DD (12) and DS (8). I would love all your tips on what to pack, do etc.
Thanks

:welcome:

You are coming a long way....it should be a very memorable vacation! Castaway cay's weather is the most difficult to predict, but the southern ports should be warm and wonderful. Florida weather in January is variable. Once for the January Marathon weekend there was ice warnings on the dock at the Contemporary.

I am organizing a Candy/local snack exchange. We use Fish Extenders (FE)to give the gifts to participants. Here's a picture of our FE.[GALLERY=]image.jpg [/GALLERY]

I think joining some sort of exchange makes the cruise special! If you would like to join, just send me a conversation! I would need your Cabin number and if there are any allergies, and how many in your cabin. I keep the group between 6-11, so no one gets a sugar overload!

Bobbi:goodvibes

:welcome:

You are coming a long way....it should be a very memorable vacation! Castaway cay's weather is the most difficult to predict, but the southern ports should be warm and wonderful. Florida weather in January is variable. Once for the January Marathon weekend there was ice warnings on the dock at the Contemporary.

I am organizing a Candy/local snack exchange. We use Fish Extenders (FE)to give the gifts to participants. Here's a picture of our FE.[GALLERY=]View attachment 86398 [/GALLERY]

I think joining some sort of exchange makes the cruise special! If you would like to join, just send me a conversation! I would need your Cabin number and if there are any allergies, and how many in your cabin. I keep the group between 6-11, so no one gets a sugar overload!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Really an ice warning?? My goodness, I didn't realise it got that cold in Orlando (even in winter). Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I pack for all weather. The candy exchange sounds fun, so you get given peoples cabin numbers and pop a surprise in their FE? Apparently I can't message you until I have 10 posts.
What are the magnets for the doors?
Thanks I have a lot to learn

Really an ice warning?? My goodness, I didn't realise it got that cold in Orlando (even in winter). Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I pack for all weather. The candy exchange sounds fun, so you get given peoples cabin numbers and pop a surprise in their FE? Apparently I can't message you until I have 10 posts.
What are the magnets for the doors?
Thanks I have a lot to learn

Some creative people make magnets for the doors as decorations. These things like the magnets and Fish Extender exchanges really differentiate DCL cruises from other lines.

That year was unusually cold, but most winters in FL do have at least an extended "colder than expected" time. Our whole family did the 5 K in January 2012 and when we left the resort to get to the starting line we all were prepared for chilly weather
image.jpg

Hello everyone. Throwing up a post because im so excited about the cruise im annoying my coworkers. And our group would love to do the FE exchange. It is always so much FUN! Is going to be strictly treats/candy or can fe gift be anything fun small and appropriate?

Hello everyone. Throwing up a post because im so excited about the cruise im annoying my coworkers. And our group would love to do the FE exchange. It is always so much FUN! Is going to be strictly treats/candy or can fe gift be anything fun small and appropriate?

I'm pretty sure someone will be organizing a regular FE that encompasses gifts and crafts.

Bumping up for additional sign ups!

Candy Exchange Interest
January 16 2016

Jayhawkfans
bobbiwoz
mikesmom88

We use FEs to give out candy or snacks of local or regional interest. Sign ups continue for quite a while!

Some creative people make magnets for the doors as decorations. These things like the magnets and Fish Extender exchanges really differentiate DCL cruises from other lines.

That year was unusually cold, but most winters in FL do have at least an extended "colder than expected" time. Our whole family did the 5 K in January 2012 and when we left the resort to get to the starting line we all were prepared for chilly weather
View attachment 86453

Those smiling faces don't seem to be bothered by the cold. I'm hoping the family can do Castaway Cay 5km run. Thought the earlier morning RunDisney may be too mush to expect, with possible Jet lag and then wanting fun times in the park that day too!

Let's get this party started! Who is going on the Disney Fantasy on January 16, 2016?

We are on board.
Me -- Nancy
DH -- Brian
DS (will be 11) -- Nathan
DS (will be 8) -- Joshua
DD (will be 5) -- Alyssa

This will be our 5th DCL cruise and we are so excited to try Tortola! Actually, the kids don't know about this yet since it's so far away.

Just thought I'd get this thread started. I'm hoping someone will step up to be the FE coordinator! (I did this on our last cruise for 117 cabins, hoping to step away from the coordinator role this time, LOL)

Looking forward to meeting our fellow cruisers!

Edited to add the roll call:
MissDaisyofTexas: 2A3C (11, 8, 5)
bafleyanne: 2A2C (14,4)
egesicki: 2A2C (9, 4)
LoveMyTwoPrincesses 2A2C (12,9)
luv2cruisedisney: 2A1C (1)
Missym919: 2A4C (15, 13, 8, 6)
HottoTrot: 6A2C
WinstonWolf: 2A2C
gatorgirl72: 2A
JOANNEL: 2A
moparop: 2A3C (11,9,6)
Stratus22: 2A2C (8, 4)
Bareacuda: 2A
jemetz
JayhawkFans: 2A1C (14)
Mikesmom88: 4A
walloon: 2A2C (16, 13)
bobbiwoz: 2A
BaySailors: 2A1C (8)
CJH1102: 2A1C (16)
Castawaycayfans: 2A2C (17, 12)
Karaeric96: 2A
Diana V.: 2A2C (5, 3)
Scoobydoo76: 2A2C (21, 18)
Let's get this party started! Who is going on the Disney Fantasy on January 16, 2016?

We are on board.
Me -- Nancy
DH -- Brian
DS (will be 11) -- Nathan
DS (will be 8) -- Joshua
DD (will be 5) -- Alyssa

This will be our 5th DCL cruise and we are so excited to try Tortola! Actually, the kids don't know about this yet since it's so far away.

Just thought I'd get this thread started. I'm hoping someone will step up to be the FE coordinator! (I did this on our last cruise for 117 cabins, hoping to step away from the coordinator role this time, LOL)

Looking forward to meeting our fellow cruisers!

Edited to add the roll call:
MissDaisyofTexas: 2A3C (11, 8, 5)
bafleyanne: 2A2C (14,4)
egesicki: 2A2C (9, 4)
LoveMyTwoPrincesses 2A2C (12,9)
luv2cruisedisney: 2A1C (1)
Missym919: 2A4C (15, 13, 8, 6)
HottoTrot: 6A2C
WinstonWolf: 2A2C
gatorgirl72: 2A
JOANNEL: 2A
moparop: 2A3C (11,9,6)
Stratus22: 2A2C (8, 4)
Bareacuda: 2A
jemetz
JayhawkFans: 2A1C (14)
Mikesmom88: 4A
walloon: 2A2C (16, 13)
bobbiwoz: 2A
BaySailors: 2A1C (8)
CJH1102: 2A1C (16)
Castawaycayfans: 2A2C (17, 12)
Karaeric96: 2A
Diana V.: 2A2C (5, 3)
Scoobydoo76: 2A2C (21, 18)

We are. This is our first with DCL and the first cruise period everyone in my party other than me. We are so excited. There are 6 of us total...my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids, 8 and 3) and my parents. We cant wait

t: 53395153, member: 54897"]I'm pretty sure someone will be organizing a regular FE that encompasses gifts and crafts.[/QUOTE]
Awesome!
I could be in charge of organizing a FE exchanhe if nobody else volunteers or wants to. Just someone/anyone let me know if you'd like me to organize it. Thanks. Happy Tuesday. -CARISSA

We are looking for 8 more people to fill a PRIVATE CHARTER to The Baths in Virgin Gorda.

Please let me know if you have interest in joining a private charter. I have contacted a reputable tour operator whose captain will pick us up and drop us off at the same pier where the Fantasy is docked. We would not need to travel to the marina for their boat. This is a nice time saver!

The charter will be customized to our group, so you can help plan the itinerary! Per the Captain’s suggestion, we will go to The Baths in the afternoon when the tour groups supposedly thin out a bit. We can stop for lunch at an additional cost. The charter will include snorkeling and refreshments (water, beer, soda and rum punch).

The power boat can hold 12 guests and will cost $1500 for the day. We are a family of four including our 21 & 18 year old children. If we can fill the other 8 spots, the price will be $125 per person.

Any takers?

My weekly magnet :3dglasses

Should have a whole bunch by sail date

As per usual if anyone wants it personalized let me know

magnet2_zpsim55dpoz.jpg

Hi everyone! We just booked today and would love to be in the group. This will be our second disney cruise with the family and we are soo excited! Carissa-Mom
John-Dad
Leland-will be 9
Loralei-will be 7
Nancy- Grandma
Wally- Grandpa

Welcome to the group! Sorry I'm so behind on posts here. I'll get your family added to the roll call on the first page. :)

Thanks
Welcome to the group! 11 days, I'm jealous!!! :)

There is an FE exchange and a candy exchange for this cruise, so you can join both or pick one. It's all good! The FE is being organized by someone else on a different forum and the DIS boards prohibits mentioning other forums (I've already gotten in trouble for this on this thread :( ) The FE is open to everyone so you can either join the one that's already started, or start a new one on here! And the candy exchange is being organized by Bobbi on the DIS boards. :)

We're in too!!!
r first out first cruise ever! We are all so excited.
Me (Margaret)
DH (Ryan)
DS 1 - Doug (11 at cruising)
DS 2 - Liam (9 1/2 at cruising)
DD - Aileen (6 at cruising)
We're in too!!!

This is our first out first cruise ever! We are all so excited.
Me (Margaret)
DH (Ryan)
DS 1 - Doug (11 at cruising)
DS 2 - Liam (9 1/2 at cruising)
DD - Aileen (6 at cruising)
Hi Margret- just readibg today and saw that we have kids almost same ages:) Leland will be 9 & Loralei 7
There is an FE exchange and a candy exchange for this cruise, so you can join both or pick one. It's all good! The FE is being organized by someone else on a different forum and the DIS boards prohibits mentioning other forums (I've already gotten in trouble for this on this thread :( ) The FE is open to everyone so you can either join the one that's already started, or start a new one on here! And the candy exchange is being organized by Bobbi on the DIS boards. :)
Hmmm not sure how to find it on another forum. I searched everything i could think of. I will keep looking if i cant find it i will just start one here. Anyone tell me how to find the FE group for our cruise that already exists without getting in trouble for talking other forums? A little help please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter