Disney Fantasy Eastern ~ Jan 16, 2016

Hi Everyone - Haven't checked in for a long while! We are getting so excited as cruise is about 5 months away, woohoo!!!! I keep checking and still don't see Tortula excursions. I want to see what is offered at Tortula so I know what we should do in St. Thomas. Hope it's posted soon!

We are so excited for our 2nd Disney cruise! I haven't stopped thinking about getting back on board since our last cruise before Christmas. Our 1st cruise was on the Dream and we can't wait to sail on the Fantasy. It will be me, my husband, my daughter (9 at cruise) and our twin boys (4 at cruise time). My daughter would LOVE to find a similar aged buddy as she always enjoys girl time away from her brothers! We are also traveling with my mother and father in law and my sister in law.

This next comment is so random, but thought I would share because it's been on my mind...
We have visited WDW many times and our favorite must-have treat is the cream cheese filled pretzels. Imagine my absolute delight when I discovered cream cheese pretzels on board the Disney Dream! I'm serious - I'm embarrassed at how excited I was to find these. I had a friend who recently sailed on the Fantasy and I told her that the pretzels were a priority for her to find. :) She tried to find them and even asked a cast member only to find that they stopped serving the cream cheese pretzels about 6 months ago on the Fantasy. OH NO! Even the cast member was lamenting about it because he said all of the cast members loved the pretzels as well and they were so disappointed to see them go. I am so hoping that the cream cheese pretzels can make a return to the Fantasy before we sail in January!!

My daughter, Abigail, will be almost 9 on the cruise (her bday is 2/24) -- Maybe the girls can meet up!

Hi Everyone - Haven't checked in for a long while! We are getting so excited as cruise is about 5 months away, woohoo!!!! I keep checking and still don't see Tortula excursions. I want to see what is offered at Tortula so I know what we should do in St. Thomas. Hope it's posted soon!
One of the members of this cruise on another site rang DCL today and was told they were still deciding??

One of the members of this cruise on another site rang DCL today and was told they were still deciding??
Well YIKES! Decide fast please DCL! Cause those of us that are Platinum can book starting 9/18. We've been to St. Thomas so many times, we really don't want to do excursions there or on Castaway (beach time is all we need there...after we run the CC 5k!), all we want to book is Tortola!

And a hearty hello and WELCOME to the new folks!

Yes, the first cruise will be going in December I think she said so they will need to be booking by this weekend from memory. So, you would expect them to announce it shortly. After the alcohol announcement I'm sure they have been flooded with emails etc so hopefully they don't get side tracked. What do you recommend for a first timer on St Thomas? We will definitely do CC5Km :-) we are in WDW before hand and I have signed up for my first 21km (Yikes!) in RunDisney

Hi, we are booked and this is our 4 th Disney Cruise, the 3rd on the Fantasy. Two more families we know will be on board for their first cruises. We would love to be a part of a FE group. We were late to sign up and have only been a part of Pixie Dusting in the past and my girls loved it!

Me- Kristine
DH- Brad
DD- Klara 12
DD- Maggie 9

We can't wait!!! Does anyone know of any all inclusive beach break excursions at St. Thomas? The last time we did an excursion to St. John and felt like it was too many transfers, and not enough time to relax.

Hi, we are booked and this is our 4 th Disney Cruise, the 3rd on the Fantasy. Two more families we know will be on board for their first cruises. We would love to be a part of a FE group. We were late to sign up and have only been a part of Pixie Dusting in the past and my girls loved it!

Me- Kristine
DH- Brad
DD- Klara 12
DD- Maggie 9

We can't wait!!! Does anyone know of any all inclusive beach break excursions at St. Thomas? The last time we did an excursion to St. John and felt like it was too many transfers, and not enough time to relax.

Welcome!! Sorry, cannot answer your question on the St. Thomas beach break...we haven't done any of those types of excursions. Hopefully someone here can help you!

Let's get this party started! Who is going on the Disney Fantasy on January 16, 2016?

We are on board.
Me -- Nancy
DH -- Brian
DS (will be 11) -- Nathan
DS (will be 8) -- Joshua
DD (will be 5) -- Alyssa

This will be our 5th DCL cruise and we are so excited to try Tortola! Actually, the kids don't know about this yet since it's so far away.

Just thought I'd get this thread started. I'm hoping someone will step up to be the FE coordinator! (I did this on our last cruise for 117 cabins, hoping to step away from the coordinator role this time, LOL)

Looking forward to meeting our fellow cruisers!

Edited to add: bobbiwoz is organizing a local candy exchange for this cruise. To sign up, please express interest in this thread or PM her.

Edited to add the roll call:
MissDaisyofTexas: 2A3C (11, 8, 5)
bafleyanne: 2A2C (14,4)
egesicki: 2A2C (9, 4)
LoveMyTwoPrincesses 2A2C (12,9)
luv2cruisedisney: 2A1C (1)
Missym919: 2A4C (15, 13, 8, 6)
HottoTrot: 6A2C
WinstonWolf: 2A2C
gatorgirl72: 2A
JOANNEL: 2A
moparop: 2A3C (11,9,6)
Stratus22: 2A2C (8, 4)
Bareacuda: 2A
jemetz: 2A2C (DD9,DS6) from Chicago
Mikesmom88: 5A
walloon: 2A2C (16, 13)
bobbiwoz: 2A
BaySailors: 2A1C (8)
CJH1102: 2A1C (16)
Castawaycayfans: 2A2C (17, 12)
Karaeric96: 2A
Diana V.: 2A2C (5, 3)
Scoobydoo76: 2A2C (21, 18)
Andrea911: 2A2C (8,3) and parents
OzTink: 2A2C (DD12, DS8) from Australia
retromama: 2A2A +grandparents, Carissa, John, DS9 Leland, DD7 Loralei, Gma Nancy, Gpa Wally
DVClurkerRob: 2A
Mlkassi: 2A2C (7,6)
nelli88: 2A1C (DD7, birthday on the cruise)
Kmlongbr4: 2A1C (6)
aajoos: 2A3C (9,4,4)
TinkerEllesmom: 2A4C (8,9,12,15)
sumb003: 2A
JenChis22: 2A2C (DS7, DS3)
blossomz: 2A
Tinkybell14: 3A2C (DD13, DS10)

Welcome tinkytink, Fizzgigd, Klarabelle Cow, and auntsue! (auntsue, I can't see anything on your previous post?)

I am still having trouble with my DIS board notifications on this thread. :(

There is already an FE list going on another forum that we are not allowed to mention on here...has everyone who wants to sign up for the FE found the list? I'm trying to be helpful without getting in trouble again.

Has everyone had time to peruse the Tortola excursions? What have you decided to do? :)

Welcome tinkytink, Fizzgigd, Klarabelle Cow, and auntsue! (auntsue, I can't see anything on your previous post?)

There is already an FE list going on another forum that we are not allowed to mention on here...has everyone who wants to sign up for the FE found the list? I'm trying to be helpful without getting in trouble again.

Has everyone had time to peruse the Tortola excursions? What have you decided to do? :)
Thanks - yes I found the list and signed up ;-)
I'm looking at the Bath excursion. You?

Hi! Just returned from DVC Member Cruise, and a very successful Candy Exchange. We use Fish Extenders to give out candy or snacks of local or regional interest! There was a member in my group from my area and we each gave out the same treat from Cincinnati, Doscher French Chew.

There is plenty of time to sign up. You can send me a conversation with your cabin number and how many people are in the cabin. If you have any allergies, let me know and I will pass that along to your fellow cruisers. I expect sign ups to end around December 1st.

January 16 2016

bobbiwoz
Mikesmom88
OzTink

I'm so excited - less than 5 months away! We just looked at Tortula Adventures - I'm pretty sure we will do A Day at the Baths - sounds great for our family (Me, Husband, 8 1/2 year old daughter and 6 1/2 year old son!)

Having trouble finding the FE sign up list.

So excited for this cruise. The kids are getting the trip for Christmas! We will have 5 of us DH, DS-15, DD-11 and DS-5. This will be our second Disney cruise. Would like to join in the candy exchange. Also wondering about the Fish Extenders.

So excited for this cruise. The kids are getting the trip for Christmas! We will have 5 of us DH, DS-15, DD-11 and DS-5. This will be our second Disney cruise. Would like to join in the candy exchange. Also wondering about the Fish Extenders.

Welcome!

Just a reminder to others! There is plenty of time to sign up. You can send me a conversation with your cabin number and how many people are in the cabin. If you have any allergies, let me know and I will pass that along to your fellow cruisers. I expect sign ups to end around December 1st.

January 16 2016

bobbiwoz
Mikesmom88
OzTink
concretemom

Welcome concretemom! Did you find the FE?

Welcome!

Just a reminder to others! There is plenty of time to sign up. You can send me a conversation with your cabin number and how many people are in the cabin. If you have any allergies, let me know and I will pass that along to your fellow cruisers. I expect sign ups to end around December 1st.

January 16 2016

bobbiwoz
Mikesmom88
OzTink
concretemom

I'm tempted to sign up for the candy exchange, but I'm not sure my local area is really known for any particular candy. I must research this. :)

I am still having a little trouble finding the FE list, but I think I had a breakthrough just now. Wish me luck! I think I am going to stick with FE's because one of my daughters has braces and expander a and has a very small amount of candy she is allowed to eat. I think she would be disappointed to get wonderful candy she can't have. Pixie dusting is a lot of fun, too. Is anyone considering that?

I can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter