Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean December 14 2013

Just a question about the fish extender...is it for the kids in the room only or the adults too?

Absolutely for the adults too. My wife and I have participated on several cruises when we have travelled without our children. The list will give you info on the adults and children in each cabin so you can adjust your gifts accordingly. It's really up to you on what you give, it can be one gift for everyone in the cabin to share, or multiple small items for each person, age or gender specific or not... We all just like to share the magic and make new friends!

AWESOME!! I was hoping it was for adults as well...this is going to be sooo much fun!!!

We're joining on this cruise too!
We are Tara and Jeremy and our DS Jude (5) and this is our first Disney cruise.
We're so excited!

Welcome! You've joined the right group to share your excitement! You can learn a lot about cruising with Disney from these comment boards. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we don't usually bite. You should consider joining the FE group, your son is a great age to enjoy the excitement of random gifts waiting outside your cabin door throughout the cruise. Also, to you and the other recently joined cruisers, please consider joining our Facebook group "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Cruisers--12/14/13" there's more chatting and cruise preparation going on over there.

Welcome! You've joined the right group to share your excitement! You can learn a lot about cruising with Disney from these comment boards. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we don't usually bite. You should consider joining the FE group, your son is a great age to enjoy the excitement of random gifts waiting outside your cabin door throughout the cruise. Also, to you and the other recently joined cruisers, please consider joining our Facebook group "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Cruisers--12/14/13" there's more chatting and cruise preparation going on over there.

Thanks LKShep. About the FE, I'm just learning about it right now and it sounds like a lot of fun. How do you join up?

Thanks LKShep. About the FE, I'm just learning about it right now and it sounds like a lot of fun. How do you join up?

To join the FE group go to: https://sites.google.com/site/mickeyverymerrychristmascruise/join-us and complete the questionnaire under "Join us"

(my browser wouldn't display the form, but when I switched to Internet Explorer I was then able to fill it in)

My daughter, her husband and young sons cruised with us 2 years ago and my 4 year old grandson couldn't wait to check his fish extender every time they left or returned to their cabin. He also loved the magnetic decorations his mom made for his door so he could always tell which cabin was his.

:tinker:Welcome Tara, Jeremy and Jude! Get ready to have the time of your life. You have picked a great time to take your first Disney Cruise. Make sure you have plenty of batteries for your cameras, you will definitely need them. Sign up for the Fish Extenders Exchange if you haven't already done so. It is a lot of fun. Also sign up for the Facebook Page, you can receive some great hints and information from others sailing on our cruise.:santa:

The lists have been updated with everyone who has filled out the join us form and for anyone who has made a change. Look it over to make sure it's right.

Welcome Tara. Just fill out the form and you will be added. It is easier for Michelle to keep track of everyone this way:)

I am thinking we will do the ornament exchange on the last sea day of the cruise. Mid afternoon. Probably 1ish. The exchange shouldn't take more than a half an hour or so. That way everyone can get back to their activities. Location is still to be determined.

Hello,

We are going on our first cruise Dec. 14 - 21,2013 and I like the idea of the Tweens and Teens getting to know each other before they travel together. If someone could help me figure out how the whole thing works it would be appreciated. And Michelle if you are out there can you please add me to your page. I wouldn't mind doing the Pink Champagne thing but I think my husband would feel left out!!! What is a FE??

Earning My Ears!

Cora, Darwin and Angie 13 from MN. sailing Dec. 14 -21 2013

Cora--my daughter Grace is also 13 and would *love* to get to know your daughter before they travel. We went on a Disney cruise in 2011 and she got to know another girl beforehand and they were inseparable the entire week, they are still very good friends. Our group does have an kids' facebook page, but it's not very active according to my daughter. If you want to send me a PM maybe they could connect in some way--my daughter has a Facebook page but also does email, text, etc. I also have a 14 year old son (will be 15 at cruise time) My kids go to a very small private school, so they are a bit more shy, but love to hang around other teens once they get to know each other.

We disembark at 0700am and our flight back to Nova Scotia is not until 935pm - was going to rent a hotel room for the day versus hanging out at the airport - any suggestions??

And thanks for the link to the old Navigator - it was awesome!!!!!

Okay I am guilty of following the FB page a little more closely than the DIS page. :blush:
Update: We have all applied for our passports! Should be receiving them in the mail hopefully in the next few weeks. I have been working on FE gifts this past week, and yesterday and did some cruise clothes shopping....found 3 dresses and a few summer outfits. I love summer clearance! I have been able to snag a great dining reservation for Ohana as well as our hotel bookings and car rental. I have 5:25 reservations @ Ohana on Friday and we are planning to drive to Cape Canaveral for an overnight stay after dinner. I am not sure if this is the best plan or it would be better to do Ohana on a different day and head to Cape Canaveral to spend the entire day? Problem is the reservation times are out there...9:30 pm! I am looking for partial day activity ideas if anyone has suggestions.... I am getting very excited for our cruise and cant wait to meet everyone!

Okay I am guilty of following the FB page a little more closely than the DIS page. :blush:
Update: We have all applied for our passports! Should be receiving them in the mail hopefully in the next few weeks. I have been working on FE gifts this past week, and yesterday and did some cruise clothes shopping....found 3 dresses and a few summer outfits. I love summer clearance! I have been able to snag a great dining reservation for Ohana as well as our hotel bookings and car rental. I have 5:25 reservations @ Ohana on Friday and we are planning to drive to Cape Canaveral for an overnight stay after dinner. I am not sure if this is the best plan or it would be better to do Ohana on a different day and head to Cape Canaveral to spend the entire day? Problem is the reservation times are out there...9:30 pm! I am looking for partial day activity ideas if anyone has suggestions.... I am getting very excited for our cruise and cant wait to meet everyone!

We spend a long time last night working on our plans for Thursday/Friday/Saturday--regarding transportation, activities, and hotel. Decided to just go for it and do MVMCP on Friday, so we'll be tired when we board, oh well. But straightening out the hotel and transportation is very frustrating. I have most of it done, I just need to get reservations now.

On a brighter note, we are paid in full and anxiously waiting for 9 PM on Sept 14 (which is midnight east coast time, and officially Sept 15) for the 90 day mark for us to make reservations for things. I think we've narrowed down our shore excursions now too.

So happy the cruise is finally getting closer!

We spend a long time last night working on our plans for Thursday/Friday/Saturday--regarding transportation, activities, and hotel. Decided to just go for it and do MVMCP on Friday, so we'll be tired when we board, oh well. But straightening out the hotel and transportation is very frustrating. I have most of it done, I just need to get reservations now.

On a brighter note, we are paid in full and anxiously waiting for 9 PM on Sept 14 (which is midnight east coast time, and officially Sept 15) for the 90 day mark for us to make reservations for things. I think we've narrowed down our shore excursions now too.

So happy the cruise is finally getting closer!

Agree - the cruise is getting closer!!! You're right, next step is to register for onboard activities - I'll be signing in first thing on Sept 15 and register for everything on our list. Palo's is a definite along with some shore excursions. We have paid off the cruise and are finalizing our onboard plans and activities including our packing list. Wish we could join everyone in DisneyWorld pre-cruise but the kids are still in school the week before we leave. What is everyone else working on as part of their current cruise planning?

Agree - the cruise is getting closer!!! You're right, next step is to register for onboard activities - I'll be signing in first thing on Sept 15 and register for everything on our list. Palo's is a definite along with some shore excursions. We have paid off the cruise and are finalizing our onboard plans and activities including our packing list. Wish we could join everyone in DisneyWorld pre-cruise but the kids are still in school the week before we leave. What is everyone else working on as part of their current cruise planning?

Our kids are still in school the week before we leave, as well as the week we're on the cruise...but they go to a very small private school and getting the homework and taking tests ahead of time is not much of a problem.

We're pretty sure we're going to do Palo for brunch (need to decide on a day) and we're still debating about Remy. We don't tend to want to miss the MDR times because that's usually the only for sure times we see our kids.

Booked our own excursion in St Maarten, but we're sticking with a Disney one in St Thomas/St John.

We can start booking August 31st! First thing I am booking is our Palo reservations. We are doing Palo for both lunch and dinner. Still deciding which evening we are going to miss in the dining rooms but leaning towards doing it on Sunday (formal night). Probably will also skip seeing Aladdin on that day as well, as we have seen the Aladdin show several times at California Adventure, we are AP holders so get to go quite often. I've heard that both shows are similar so don't think we'll miss much. Plus by doing that it may give us more time to mingle at the captain's reception and spend more time taking pictures since we are definitely planning on getting dressed up for formal night! Can anyone think of any cons to making Palo reservations on formal night?

Also planning on booking Remy for lunch and making it to one of the mixology tastings!

As far as excursions, last time we cruised we did the St.John Trunk Bay and Snorkel Tour. The beach was absolutely beautiful but the time spend there was very short. We are thinking about going to St. John on our own this time. There is a whole thread on how to get there on the Dis board which I think is very helpful for those who want to DIY. Has anyone done this on their own?

For St. Marteen we are leaning towards doing a private tour with Bernard Tours, I've heard good things about them. Anyone have any experience with them?

What things can you register fir in advance besides Palo, Remy, the spa and excursions? Can you register for mixology?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter