Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean December 14 2013

As we hit the 7 month date last week,we have managed to book a 1BR in AKV - Kidani the day we get off the ship for the following week so our Christmas accommodation is sorted. :yay:

Due to the time difference between the UK and USA, I had a long lunch hour so I could book on the DVC Member website - we are so happy we got the room we wanted.

David

Surgery Update: It has now been 9 days since I had gastric bypass and gallbladder removal. The first few days were ROUGH, but I am doing great now. Actually, I feel almost normal (if I was ever normal to begin with :rotfl2: ). Each day gets easier and brings a lower number on the scale :woohoo: ! I started a blog if you want to read my journey thus far. diaryofashrinkingmom.blogspot.com

QOTD answer: My favorite thing about planning a Disney cruise/vacation is the excitement from my children. They love looking at hotels we will stay at before/after the cruise, the cruise ship, activities, etc. I feel so blessed to be able to make these special memories with them.

We are doing MVMCP and right now, we are trying to decide where to stay. We stayed at POFQ last year and while we loved it, I want to try something different. One of the places on my wish list is the Polynesian and my husband really wants to take us there. I just don't know if I can justify the price, though. Has anyone ever stayed there? We will be staying for 3 nights.....is the price worth it? He also likes the look of Old Key West.

:cheer2:We love Old Key West. That is our Home Resort for the Disney Vacation Club. If you like laid back accommodations this is your place. And the rooms are larger than other resorts.pixiedust:

Surgery Update: It has now been 9 days since I had gastric bypass and gallbladder removal. The first few days were ROUGH, but I am doing great now. Actually, I feel almost normal (if I was ever normal to begin with :rotfl2: ). Each day gets easier and brings a lower number on the scale :woohoo: ! I started a blog if you want to read my journey thus far. diaryofashrinkingmom.blogspot.com

Congrats, Laura!!! Thanks for sharing the blog address -- I enjoyed reading through it. Your honesty and humor make the writing so engaging! Praying for your recovery.

I bought my MVMCP tickets. We are going to go Thursday night. I hope we all can last through the party, because we fly out Thursday morning at 5:45am. I guess when we get to Orlando we will have to take a nap:)

Well, seeing as how Michelle is no longer able to join us:sad1:, I guess I can step up and be the leader. Unless someone else would like to do it and then I will gladly step aside (anyone anyone??)!!:)

I am not as organized as she is, but she will still be able to help manage the website because her cruise that she switched to is not that busy and quite frankly....I will make her help me!!!!:lmao:

First order of business is to let everyone know that we are still going to have a wonderful time and I don't want anyone feeling like they are not an integral part of this cruise!!! So if anyone has any ideas, thoughts or concerns....please let me know!!

Christi~We are still going to do the pink ladies thing right?! Because after trying to keep the cruise stuff organized I am definitely going to need a drink or two (more like 5 or 6)!!!

Well, seeing as how Michelle is no longer able to join us:sad1:, I guess I can step up and be the leader. Unless someone else would like to do it and then I will gladly step aside (anyone anyone??)!!:)

I am not as organized as she is, but she will still be able to help manage the website because her cruise that she switched to is not that busy and quite frankly....I will make her help me!!!!:lmao:

First order of business is to let everyone know that we are still going to have a wonderful time and I don't want anyone feeling like they are not an integral part of this cruise!!! So if anyone has any ideas, thoughts or concerns....please let me know!!

Christi~We are still going to do the pink ladies thing right?! Because after trying to keep the cruise stuff organized I am definitely going to need a drink or two (more like 5 or 6)!!!

WOOHOO, Robin!!! :dance3: Sounds like an AWESOME plan! :cheer2:

Glad you are also recruiting (or forcing?) Michelle to keep in touch with us!! :rotfl2: She's the one who got us all going in the first place!!!

Let me know if I can help, but I organization is NOT NOT NOT my strongsuit. :rotfl:

Who's psyched that we're hitting the six month mark this week!!! :banana::yay::jumping1::bounce::mickeyjum

We are!!!!

We should make a plan to meet up and say "Hi". But let's make it an early meet up because I might be a zombie later (up since 3am):scared1: LOL
That would be fun :) We will be in the park at 4:00 if they are letting people in to the party early! I totally understand the zombie thing, that first day for us is always rough too!

Did I miss something? Is Michelle as in Fortheloveofdisneycruise is not going to be sailing with us? I saw that Lianne was not able to go, but not Michelle.... I am confused..... :confused:

Yes Alisha. Michelle had to drop out of the cruise because of the cost. She did mention it on Facebook, but not everyone is over there, so sorry for the misinformation.
I know she really wishes she could go with us, so I am sure she will still visit us over here on this thread:)

Ty for taking this over! I am able to help with anything that is needed!

:yay:So glad we are still having the Pink Ladies get together. So looking forward to that. Will gladly help in any way I can. Just let me know.:beach:

I am so sorry Michelle and her family are not coming on this cruise, we were really looking forward to meetingvthem. Her excitement and webpage really helped me feel involved.
Now I admit to using her signiture links to get to the webpage anytime I wanted to check on something. Would someone who was smart enough to save it please repost it.
Maybe add it as a signiture link to another frequent posters name?
Thanks for all your doing, this is our first cruise and we are traveling with our daughter's and 2 grandchildren.
If directed I will gladly help. Just have limited email access at times as we travel. Very excited about meeting many of you on this trip. Cynthia

Hi Cynthia~I know Michelle said she was going to leave the web page in her signature because she is the one who developed it and only she can gain access. I don't know why it is not showing right now in her signature, but I will see what the deal is.

And thanks everyone for offering to help!!! See...we are a great group DISsers!!!!:grouphug: I guess as it gets closer to cruise time we can see where we stand with things that need to be done:)

Now off to hunt Michelle down to see where our webpage is:confused3

Hey all! Haven't posted in a long time but read the posts daily. I can't believe Michelle and family are leaving the group - they will be sorely missed. She is definitely a great organizer and the web page she created definitely helped us sign up for all of the planned activities during the cruise.

The link to her signup list is below. Like others let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

https://sites.google.com/site/mickeyverymerrychristmascruise/fe-list

Hey all! Haven't posted in a long time but read the posts daily. I can't believe Michelle and family are leaving the group - they will be sorely missed. She is definitely a great organizer and the web page she created definitely helped us sign up for all of the planned activities during the cruise.

The link to her signup list is below. Like others let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

https://sites.google.com/site/mickeyverymerrychristmascruise/fe-list

Thank you Christina for the link. I have added it to my signature, so we are able to access it again.:) I also noticed the web page does not list the ages of your boys. Did you want that listed? That way we know so they can get age appropriate FE gifts. Let me know. Thanks again:goodvibes

I, too, am sad to see Michelle go. I understand her dilemma, though. I'm happy to help- just let me know what I can do.

We have booked POFQ for 12/11-12/14. We're doing MVMCP on 12/12, so we'll be playing at the resort and/or DTD on 12/11 and 12/13.

I, too, am sad to see Michelle go. I understand her dilemma, though. I'm happy to help- just let me know what I can do.

We have booked POFQ for 12/11-12/14. We're doing MVMCP on 12/12, so we'll be playing at the resort and/or DTD on 12/11 and 12/13.

YAY!
Sonja and Laura -- we'll also be at POFQ, but ONLY for the night of the 13th (we fly in early that morning). We are not going to do MVMCP that night, but will likely either be chilling at the pool or at DTD too!!!! Would be fun to meet you guys before we board if it works out!

We're going away for our anniversary (6/14), to celebrate 16 years! (Of course I will also be celebrating 6 months until the cruise!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter