• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean December 14 2013

Just a reminder---if you want to join the FB page or the activities in our group...you MUST fill out the join us form on the webpage. Link is in my siggie

Since we took this same cruise a year ago this week, we are going to just relax and enjoy without major planning ... besides Palo brunch! My main planning is going to be for our days at WDW before the cruise (already have MVMCP) and love getting my FE gifts all put together. :santa: :yay:

ForTheLoveOfDCL/Michelle

Sent you two PMs a week or so ago, if you get a chance to look a them . . .

We are going to be at Magic Kingdom on the 12th too but not doing MVMCP this time. Staying at the POFQ for 3 nights prior to the cruise, too.

ForTheLoveOfDCL/Michelle

We are going to be at Magic Kingdom on the 12th too but not doing MVMCP this time. Staying at the POFQ for 3 nights prior to the cruise, too.

Hi Sonja!
We'll be at POFQ too....but just for the day and night before the cruise. :yay: Won't be long now!!!!

ForTheLoveOfDCL/Michelle

Hi Sonja:wave2:...I have been working everyday...long hours. I will update when I get a chance.

Just a note to everyone. Updating WON'T be daily over the summer. I work 6 days a week, 55-65 hours a week. So Bare with me and don't fret. If u want me to know an update... I will look in the join us form or send me a PM. I will not hunt for info on this thread. Just to tired for that. Thanks to all for understanding!!

No worries. I wasn't sure I did it right - that's all. We still have 205 days ;)

Hi Sonja!
We'll be at POFQ too....but just for the day and night before the cruise. :yay: Won't be long now!!!!

It looks really nice, we are looking forward to that part of the trip too! We are going to go to MK and HS & hopefully DD if we can fit it all it - never been there so it will be exciting!!

I just hope the weather will be as nice as last year. My parents are there now and they said it's HOT - yippee :cool1: hopefully that's a sign of weather to follow . . .

My son's name is Noah - is that your son's name too??

It looks really nice, we are looking forward to that part of the trip too! We are going to go to MK and HS & hopefully DD if we can fit it all it - never been there so it will be exciting!!

I just hope the weather will be as nice as last year. My parents are there now and they said it's HOT - yippee :cool1: hopefully that's a sign of weather to follow . . .

My son's name is Noah - is that your son's name too??

Yes...hoping for good weather too, but realistically anything will be better than New England winter!!!! :)

We have a Noah too! Ours just turned 8 last week! How old is yours?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Good Morning all!! Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! We just set up our pool....hoping for no leaks in the liner, need another year out of it! Then yesterday I went through the cruise totes. Wrote down anything I needed! Packing for 7 people is hard especially coordinating offits. I also made a hall closet the cruise closet...needless to say--IT IS FULL!!!
Nelia woke up this morning nautious...really hoping to get her off to school as she only has 3 days left of school. I have to work a double today!! Yuck =(

Yes...hoping for good weather too, but realistically anything will be better than New England winter!!!! :)

We have a Noah too! Ours just turned 8 last week! How old is yours?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You are right about the weather - it is only 7 C here today!

My Noah turned 6 in March! It is wonderful he will have someone close to his age to play with!

Hello! We had a pretty laid back memorial weekend. Got the deck stained and the bird feeders hung. Now just waiting for our new patio furniture to arrive! Our youngest Jake had his tonsils out a week ago Monday and he is finally coming around to eating today. No more strep throat for us :) I have been attempting to organize our pre/post cruise activities. Thinking a rental car....any thoughts on dollar or thrifty? They seem the most reasonably priced.

Hello! We had a pretty laid back memorial weekend. Got the deck stained and the bird feeders hung. Now just waiting for our new patio furniture to arrive! Our youngest Jake had his tonsils out a week ago Monday and he is finally coming around to eating today. No more strep throat for us :) I have been attempting to organize our pre/post cruise activities. Thinking a rental car....any thoughts on dollar or thrifty? They seem the most reasonably priced.

I hope your son feels better soon!!!
We have booked Dollar for our pre and post cruise car. I got an SUV and got a pretty good rate. I just have to book my hotel for the post cruise. I am thinking downtown Disney for my stay. We shall see.

I hope your son feels better soon!!!
We have booked Dollar for our pre and post cruise car. I got an SUV and got a pretty good rate. I just have to book my hotel for the post cruise. I am thinking downtown Disney for my stay. We shall see.

Thank you! We are looking at buena vista suites for our stay before and after... $99 a night with free breakfast thru mouse savers :) I am worried we might not like it/location though. We have never been off Disney property. I have been looking at DTD as well but the prices are up there...we shall see, maybe a great groupon deal will come out!

Thank you! We are looking at buena vista suites for our stay before and after... $99 a night with free breakfast thru mouse savers :) I am worried we might not like it/location though. We have never been off Disney property. I have been looking at DTD as well but the prices are up there...we shall see, maybe a great groupon deal will come out!

I am looking at the Wyndham in DTD. It is $111.00. It was lower ($103.00) for a double, but I didnt get it at the time. Stupid me. I wanted to be as near to Disney property as I could get:) It looks like a nice hotel. It does include a continental breakfast.

I am looking at the Wyndham in DTD. It is $111.00. It was lower ($103.00) for a double, but I didnt get it at the time. Stupid me. I wanted to be as near to Disney property as I could get:) It looks like a nice hotel. It does include a continental breakfast.

Is that the Wyndham Bonnet Creek? There are soooo many Wyndhams that I get confused. Wasn't in DTD, but was just down the street. I might be confusing them....

....but we stayed at the Bonnet Creek place after our last cruise and it is AWESOME. TWO lazy rivers, several waterslides, activities at night.....and $2 ice cream sundaes every day. Fun way to end the vacation (after I got over my depression of getting off the boat).

Is that the Wyndham Bonnet Creek? There are soooo many Wyndhams that I get confused. Wasn't in DTD, but was just down the street. I might be confusing them....

....but we stayed at the Bonnet Creek place after our last cruise and it is AWESOME. TWO lazy rivers, several waterslides, activities at night.....and $2 ice cream sundaes every day. Fun way to end the vacation (after I got over my depression of getting off the boat).

Hi Beth :goodvibes
No, it is the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. Located directly across from DTD. Beautiful hotel. They even have a character breakfast for the kids and an aquatic playground. You should check it out!!!

Ok guys it is time for me to announce my news.... I'm going to have to cancel our cruise. :sad2: Well move my date really since I'm just not able to do it this December because of recent developments. I'll be moving our booking to the 12-13-14 Eastern instead.

Technically my TA hasn't moved the booking yet but I emailed her yesterday to request it. So it is just a matter of time until I am officially off this sailing. :scared:

I was advised earlier this week that due to my one C+ this semester, my graduate program has placed me on academic probation. As a result they have pulled my financial aid (our graduate program requires a 3.0 at all times). So I am not getting the money I was scheduled to be getting for classes and therefore will have to pay for my courses completely out of pocket this term (prob around 3k). I felt that I had to choose between paying for my classes out of pocket or paying the remaining balance on the cruise. Obviously my classes trumped the cruise no matter how much I was looking forward to the sailing and meeting everyone.

So I hope you guys all have an AMAZING time and I regret that I'll be unable to join you and meet everyone. Perhaps we'll meet again on another sailing one day. :cool1:

I am so sorry to hear your news Lianne! I completely understand your position though, school has GOT to come first, especially at the tuition prices today !! It will pay off in the long run, and Disney will be waiting to greet you then ( plus, with an education you can go MORE OFTEN because you can afford it !)
Some of the hardest decisions wind up to be the best for us in the long run. Keep in touch and see you in Alaska !!!

Well I booked air for the way down for Myself and family. We are stuck there if we can't get a way home....LOL I got air for myself, DH, DD, DD, Sister in law(Lori) and 2 nieces so a total of 7 for $750 and that includes 5 pieces of luggage. If we need more I will send boxes of FE's down with my parents. They are going a week ahead of time in their motorhome. So awesome on the way down,,,,hoping to score for way back soon!!!! Hoping to stay under $250 total each person. Well just a little update...sleepy here and I have to go to work soon so talk to you all later!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter