• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean December 14 2013

Well I decided to relax rather than killing myself to recover from surgery and graduate in December. So I am gonna graduate spring rather than fall to make life more manageable.

I figured taking one class this summer sounded a lot better than three. The idea of being in training for my new position and then having to go to school four nights a week all summer was too much. It isn't like my job is constituent on getting the degree so I felt like there wasn't a rush on getting through the program other than that internal one I gave myself because of the cruise.

So for this sailing we will no longer be celebrating my graduation. But we can say we will be celebrating one year post op since that date will occur during our trip. :-) Or just a much needed family vacation (because who doesn't need those right?!?). Anyways just wanted to update everyone to my plans.

I think it's a wonderful plan, Liane! Your health and sanity has to come first, and it's better to graduate a semeseter later than burn out and not graduate at all.
When I first joined this board we talked about celebrating our graduations together on the cruise, I had to make that difficult decision recently too. I had knee surgery a month ago which put off school full time this past spring, and I may be having more surgery this summer. So school plans will have to be adjusted. As it stands now, I have no idea when I will graduate, but I know I WILL, and so will YOU !!!
You still have a treasure chest full of reasons to celebrate, I say throw a deck party for all of them !!!

So what is everyone doing? All this talk on shore excursions really makes me want to look at them.

I have my AquaDuck cup and Disney Dooney purse in this training session at work. So ready for this cruise. :D

Currently I am writing a report on reincarnation for my class on world religion.
For excursions? I am booking those for other people LOL.
My husband is interested in the regatta race. One boy is doing the thrill jet boat, the other the dubloon / turtle cove sailing. My excursions will be to the quiet cove every morning ;)

AquaDuck Cup ?!?! I am looking forward to having one of those one day on my desk too :yay:

Currently I am writing a report on reincarnation for my class on world religion.
For excursions? I am booking those for other people LOL.
My husband is interested in the regatta race. One boy is doing the thrill jet boat, the other the dubloon / turtle cove sailing. My excursions will be to the quiet cove every morning ;)

AquaDuck Cup ?!?! I am looking forward to having one of those one day on my desk too :yay:

That sounds neat. My paper is on economics and the credit card industry.

Those Disney Tervis tumblers are great.

on our last cruise we had bracelets made so it was easy to recognize another DIS member on board here is a link to the proof
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32999223&postcount=1579
It had our sail date and the name of the cruise along with the DCL logo

you can also just barely see one in the picture I posted on FB.

If people are interested I could take this on and place an order for the group

OK Jamie.. I have been contemplating this bracelet idea. I think a fabulous idea as this would also help the kids recognize their fellow Dis kids at the ice cream socials and such. Here is my idea....take it for what its worth...ALOT :lmao: I took a look at your link and I love the bracelets. I have a color idea--- since we are the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Cruise...red bracelets with white lettering or white with red lettering. I don't think putting red and green together would look very good though and not stand out as well. Just my thoughts. I also like that ur last cruise bought youth sizes too... I think that is probably a must seeing as we have so many kids. I have set up a voting system like I have for the join us form and such and see how many people would want and the colors they would like(knowing majority rules)---- this would help ya order......sound ok???
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1f3qHidN0FqtORvdMVmBHjGIsdgD_XLhyEt49NKWkhtQ/viewform

After voting--- Our cutoff date for joining the FE will be November 1st. As of now we have 33 staterooms. We will leave the list at this number...if we get 2 more families we will then split into a smaller group of 15 for those of you wanting a smaller amt and a group of 20, this group would take the extra people who then joined. Those stating they wanted 30-40 would of course be on the larger group. Nothing at this point changes as most of you said 30 was ok and we only have 33. At the cost of the cruise..not sure we will get a ton more. We shall see. I will keep you posted if more join.

After voting--- Our cutoff date for joining the FE will be November 1st. As of now we have 33 staterooms. We will leave the list at this number...if we get 2 more families we will then split into a smaller group of 15 for those of you wanting a smaller amt and a group of 20, this group would take the extra people who then joined. Those stating they wanted 30-40 would of course be on the larger group. Nothing at this point changes as most of you said 30 was ok and we only have 33. At the cost of the cruise..not sure we will get a ton more. We shall see. I will keep you posted if more join.

Thank you for the update!

I'm good with it all -- bracelets, FE, etc. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Thanks Michelle and Jamie for organizing us all. :goodvibes
Especially those of us who are organizationally-challenged! :rolleyes1

I'm good with it all -- bracelets, FE, etc. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Thanks Michelle and Jamie for organizing us all. :goodvibes
Especially those of us who are organizationally-challenged! :rolleyes1

Way to call me out there Beth ;) lol.

Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to mention I am loving the bracelet idea. It will be a fun way to recognize fellow DISers. Although I am hoping a lot of you will be recognizable enough without or without bracelets. :)

Way to call me out there Beth ;) lol.

Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to mention I am loving the bracelet idea. It will be a fun way to recognize fellow DISers. Although I am hoping a lot of you will be recognizable enough without or without bracelets. :)

ha ha, LiAnne! :rotfl: Was talking about me, but if the shoe fits.... ;)
I'm CONSTANTLY trying to get "organized" around here!!!

On a serious note, been watching the news in Boston all day today. CRAZY! My sister is on lockdown in her apartment....along with the rest of the city!

ha ha, LiAnne! :rotfl: Was talking about me, but if the shoe fits.... ;)
I'm CONSTANTLY trying to get "organized" around here!!!

On a serious note, been watching the news in Boston all day today. CRAZY! My sister is on lockdown in her apartment....along with the rest of the city!

Yeah it was shocking to me to hear on the news today too. Thank goodness we are finally getting somewhere with that investigation.

At least staying home with the city on lockdown everyone is safe. I would feel better if I had family there knowing they are at home where everything is fine. :) I will be thinking of your family and praying for Boston.

Just a little message from DCL

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

Beth, I am glad they caught the suspect! Hopefully things can get back to semi normal for the city of Boston, but I have a feeling that the we will be feeling the effects of this for a long time!!!

I am glad your sister is safe!!!:hug:

Just a little message from DCL

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

That kinda stinks for the over the door shoe rack holder. I never used one in the past cruises, but I thought I would this time. I guess not!!!:headache:

Thanks for the survey - you are definitely a great FE organizer!!!

info for the Pink ladies meet, has been posted to the webpage! CHECK IT OUT!! Man we are coming along--- 238 days!!!!

Beth, I am glad they caught the suspect! Hopefully things can get back to semi normal for the city of Boston, but I have a feeling that the we will be feeling the effects of this for a long time!!!

I am glad your sister is safe!!!:hug:

Thanks, Robin! :goodvibes
I'm so glad they caught him!! Just a crazy day and week for the whole city! (We are about an hour outside Boston, but my sister works 2 blocks from the explosions and lives just over a mile from where they finally caught him!)

She should be home tomorrow for a couple of days -- when we'll be working on planning the FE's and also planning a shower for our cousin in June!

Just an idea for everyone to think of-- when filling out the form for bracelets...kids 12 and up probably will wear adults. if you rethink ur answer just go back and refill out the form and I will take ur last entry as what u want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter