• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy Cruise February 20, 2016

Hello all,
I got off the Fantasy on Feb 14th and rebooked this cruise onboard. Unbeknownst to me... this was a Star Wars cruise. This might be a shocker... but I have never seen any of the movies. SO... between now and Feb 20th - I have some homework.
I am also surprising my cousin with this cruise. I figure if I have to pay the price of 2 if you want to go it alone... might as well as take two on the trip (helps with best family member of the year award too).
Looking forward to sailing with all of you.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I got off the Fantasy on Feb 14th and rebooked this cruise onboard. Unbeknownst to me... this was a Star Wars cruise. This might be a shocker... but I have never seen any of the movies. SO... between now and Feb 20th - I have some homework.

Please, please, start with episode 4 - A New Hope, then go to 5 & 6, before watching episode 1. :) Otherwise Jar Jar will just annoy you so much you can't watch the rest! Fall in love with the series the way the rest of us did!

OK, now that's off my chest, hello all! I am Beth, and on this cruise will be DH (Dale) and DS 10 - Anthony. We are all huge Star Wars fans, and I still regret my mom selling my Princess Lea action figures and my brothers Millennium Falcon toys at garage sales! The re-release of episode 4 was my first date with DH. :)

We had originally booked this cruise several months ago, so when we got the e-mail about the Star Wars days, that was just about the best news ever!

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, first on the Fantasy. It will also be our first cruise without my parents cruising with us. I'm looking forward to chatting and meeting with you all! I'm glad to see this is an active group on here. I hope it stays that way! Last cruise we were on, everyone posted once on the DIS, then moved over to a Facebook group. I hate FB, and unfortunately that's where they arranged the FE exchange, the meet, etc… so we never really connected with anyone on that cruise.

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, first on the Fantasy. It will also be our first cruise without my parents cruising with us. I'm looking forward to chatting and meeting with you all! I'm glad to see this is an active group on here. I hope it stays that way! Last cruise we were on, everyone posted once on the DIS, then moved over to a Facebook group. I hate FB, and unfortunately that's where they arranged the FE exchange, the meet, etc… so we never really connected with anyone on that cruise.

Hello Beth! I am happy to set up a fish extender here if there is enough interest. If you, or anyone else is interested please post with the names, ages, and gender of your travel party and your cabin number. If you are celebrating something please mention and I will note it!

Also, include if you are interested in a meet and greet and mixology class for the adults. The Mixology class was an additonal fee of $20 per person (but well worth it) in January. We learned how to mix, and got to enjoy, five amazing drinks and met some great people!

I was wondering if anyone else has a category 8A stateroom? There are so few of them and I was incredibly excited that the exact room I wanted was still available! It's a secret "mini suite" type room, starboard, has 2 giant porthole windows, and a half wall splitting the room with a TV on each side!

My daughter BEGGED for a room with a porthole window instead of a verandah, now we get two windows!

That sounds really cool--I didn't know that a "mini suite" existed! We are all going to have so much fun

I will keep track of the info for those of you that want to do fish extenders and will figure out the way to get the information to you.

Last edited:
Please add me to the Fish Extender List! Cabin 5520 - Lacey - Female Age 32, Darren - Male Age 34, Aurora - Female Age 10. Darren and I are interested in the mixology class!

Hi Tracy, please add us to the FE list as well. Me (Roxanne), DH (Todd), DS (Dylan, 8) and DD (Hailey, 5). We will be in cabin 7564. My parents will also be sailing with us; DH, my mom, dad and myself would LOVE to do a mixology course. How does it work arranging one for a group? I thought we had to sign up at the same time as booking excursions and Palo, ect. We were excited this week because Friday was one year until we are on the Fantasy!

Hello Beth! I am happy to set up a fish extender here if there is enough interest. If you, or anyone else is interested please post with the names, ages, and gender of your travel party and your cabin number. If you are celebrating something please mention and I will note it!

Also, include if you are interested in a meet and greet and mixology class for the adults. The Mixology class was an additonal fee of $20 per person (but well worth it) in January. We learned how to mix, and got to enjoy, five amazing drinks and met some great people!

Add us in for the Mixology!! That sounds fantastic! :)

This is going to be the best Christmas Present for my son & I! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, love them!!
I have never participated in "fishing" and would love to this time. Where can I get more information on how to join?

HI & Welcome!! To join our Fish Extender Group, you just have to leave the requested information in a post here in the group for Tracy to see! I have quoted her below so that you know what information to put in your post.

"If you, or anyone else is interested please post with the names, ages, and gender of your travel party and your cabin number. If you are celebrating something please mention and I will note it!"

well...sorry but we have switched our cruise to the week before. Enjoy your cruise and when I get off the ship, know you'll be getting on.

OK-What I am hoping will work is to periodically upload the fish extender/mixology/meet and greet sign ups. This my first list. If you would like to be added please post in this string or pm me: Names and ages of those cruising, cabin number(s), and what you are interested in joining. Thanks and fingers crossed this works and doesn't get my knuckles cracked again.

Attachments

• Disboards FE Feb 2016.pdf
    98 KB · Views: 38
This will be our first ever cruise and we are VERY excited. We did Star Wars Weekends last year at WDW so we can't wait to see what's in store for us on this cruise! Our family consists of myself (Chris), wife Tiffany, son Ethan (9), and daughter Amelia (3). My wife's sister Tabitha will be joining us on the cruise to round out our crew.

We are interested in doing fish extenders too! Cabin #6668
Also, the 22nd of February is my birthday so I'll be celebrating that on board!

Last edited:
We're in.. DW (she'll turn 41 on board ;) and myself (40). This will be our 5th Disney cruise. We'd love to do the mixology class! Cabin #9554

Hi Everyone!

My name Karen Tubbs and my husband, Matt, and I will be on this cruise. We will be on this cruise and have already joined the FE group on FB. We have no kids and will be 29 and 25 respectively. We are very excited and will be on FB more than Disboard as it is more user friendly.

This will be our first ever cruise and we are VERY excited. We did Star Wars Weekends last year at WDW so we can't wait to see what's in store for us on this cruise! Our family consists of myself (Chris), wife Tiffany, son Ethan (9), and daughter Amelia (3). My wife's sister Tabitha will be joining us on the cruise to round out our crew.

We are interested in doing fish extenders too! Cabin #6668
Also, the 22nd of February is my birthday so I'll be celebrating that on board!
I will get you and your crew on the list and congratulations on celebrating your birthday on board! What a great gift!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter