• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy - 7 night - Western Caribbean - April 30, 2016

Hi Brian - it sounds like you guys have your pre-cruise Cocoa Beach routine down pat! Welcome :)

Hi Brandi! Am not sure about the pin trading, as this is my first Disney cruise - hopefully someone else will arrive in our thread and be able to answer that for you :) Pre-cruise stay - we briefly considered renting DVC points at the Vero Beach resort, we thought it would be a fun treat, but we actually ended up flying in a few days early and are going to USO instead :)

Now that all the welcomes are wrapped up - how is the trip planning going for everyone???
291 sleeps until the ship!! We finally out of the 300s:stitch:
We were finally able to book our flights last week, it is going to be a long travel day for us - three flights - Nanaimo to Calgary, Calgary to Toronto, Toronto to Orlando. We will leave on the Tuesday before at 6 pm, as soon as my husband gets home from work, and arrive at USO Wednesday afternoon! Yikes!!:crazy2:
A few weeks ago we secured 8 nights post-cruise at the Beach Club Villas by renting DVC points, I am really excited about that - there is no way we would have been able to afford that resort otherwise.
Next up for us - booking into USO. We have quite a few classic cars and live a fairly vintage life (I cook on a 1953 stove that I love!), so naturally we were excited to learn about the Cabana Bay - right up our alley!:tinker:

Hi this is our Second DCl we are : Candee (41), Eli (38), Anna (15), Connor (13), Aiden (8) from northern Ohio
We are in Cat 4d, excited about new destinations. we only did Bahamas last time. Not sure about details before and after cruise. Depends on kids school schedule this coming year.

I would be interested in FE. I have never done it before so please let me know details.

Thanks,
Candee

Hi Everyone

So excited can't wait. Our family is from San Francisco California. This will be our first time on the Fantasy and this will be our second time sailing with Disney. Our first cruise was a 3day cruise on the Dream and it was Dreamy but felt short. Our youngest daughter was only 1 year and a half at the time and unfortunately my wife missed the sail away party and firework show because baby was sleeping so we hope to take advantage of everything this time.

myself Michael (40)
wife Jeimy (38)
older princess Marianna (18)
and little princess Isabella (3 and a half)
maybe grandma Eva

Deck 6 08D

Not planning on going to Disneyworld this year waiting for Avatar land 2017 just got back from Disneyland 60's Anniversary

Last edited:

I would love to know everyone's plans for excursions and any reviews on ones you have done in the past!!

If someone could explain to me what is involved with fe. I think it's something I would like to do, but I don't totally understand what it is.

I would love to know everyone's plans for excursions and any reviews on ones you have done in the past!!

Hi! I am *hoping* for the following:
Cozumel - Xel-Ha or Xcaret
Castaway Cay - the three pack deal for snorkeling, bike rental, floaty
Falmouth - horseback ride and swim
Grand Caymen - Rum Point Beach Adventure

:)
On the ship we are hoping for a Palo Brunch.

I would also love to hear what others have plan.

Thanks for sharing that link briana. What's next? Do we make a list participants so we know what kind of gifts to get and how many?

Hello All!

We are the Bowe Family and this will be our second Disney sailing and our second on the Fantasy! We will be bringing our moms along as well and they will be in a different stateroom.

Stateroom 1 (Deck 6)
Terry
Monica
Kaia (age 5)

Stateroom 2
Barbara
Virease

We were part of a fish extender group last time and had loads of fun! Looking forward to another good time!

Hi! I am *hoping* for the following:
Cozumel - Xel-Ha or Xcaret
Castaway Cay - the three pack deal for snorkeling, bike rental, floaty
Falmouth - horseback ride and swim
Grand Caymen - Rum Point Beach Adventure

:)
On the ship we are hoping for a Palo Brunch.

I would also love to hear what others have plan.

I am so torn about the excursions. I think I want to do a dolphin activity, either at Cozumel or Grand Cayman, for my daughter. I would like to go to a resort for a day as well. I initially wanted to do the wave runners at Castaway Cay, but I am nervous about sharks (don't laugh). I watched too much of Shark Week this year! Everyone talks about how great it is to stay on the ship while it is in port, so I might try that too (I think my husband wants to venture out though).

We definitely want to do Palo Brunch as well. I don't know how successful we will be though :(

Hey everyone my name is Briana and I will be organizing the FE for our sailing 4/30/16 on the Fantasy :)

Although I am not new to cruising with Disney, this will be my first time organizing the FE's and I'm super excited!

Please provide the following information and I will organize it into pdfs once the cruise gets closer

1.Cabin #

2.Name(you may just state "boy" or "girl" if you'd rather not list names and ages for those under 18)

3.Any celebrations you are having on board (birthdays,anniversaries,etc...)

4.Allergies or items prohibited ie...alcohol/candy/nuts etc..

5.Favorite character(1-2 for each member)

6.Any other pertinent information you'd like to share

RULES:
* If we are able to get more than 10 cabins in a group I will close the group at 10 to help keeps costs at a minimum, then open another group.

*You must give a gift to each cabin in your FE group, either as a cabin gift or individuals in each cabin. There is no minimum/maximum cost you must spend.(gifts can be made or purchased. The FE group will close 30 days prior to sailing so I am able to organize everything into a pdf to get out to you all. Since this is a 7 night cruise everyone will get a different day to deliver their to space everything out.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

If anyone has any questions feel free to post or PM me. Lets have fun with this!!!.

Thanks everyone,
Briana :D

1.Cabin 6586
2.Darren-Pirates of the Caribbean
Susan- Cheshire cat
Briana-anything disney :)
Dominic(14)-Star wars
Kassidy(9)-Ariel,wall-e
3.n/a
4.no allergies
6. 5th disney cruise.1st time on the fantasy

Last edited:
Thanks Briana for organizing the fe.
1. cabin 6624
2. Connor-13 anything marvel or star wars, Aiden-8 also marvel, star wars, anything Disney, Anna-15 Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Tinkerbell, Eli-38 star wars, marvel, Mickey, Donald, Candee-42 Tinkerbell :)
3. Our 19th Anniversary will be 4/5, but we are celebrating while on ship.
4. No allergies
5. This is our second cruise. We love WDW and Disneyland!

Does anyone know on which night they do formal dress and which night is the pirate party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter