Disney Fantasy - 7 night - Western Caribbean - April 30, 2016

1926Moon

Mouseketeer
Hi folks -

This thread is for the 7-night western scheduled April 30, 2016 - I guess it is never to early to start planning::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

My name is Kristine and I am married to Kyle. This is our second cruise, but first ever Disney cruise and we cannot wait! We live on the west coast, Vancouver Island to be specific, and have been to Disneyland many times - we were even married down there:) - however, this is our first trip to the east coast! We are pretty excited.

We are planning on two full days at Universal before the cruise (I am a huge Harry Potter fan), and then eight nights at WDW after. We are looking at renting DVC points for the BeachClub and I am pretty stoked.

This trip is a celebration one for us - in February I will be completing my degree! I am working through a two year condensed degree program while working full time :crazy2: - so right now the Disney cruise/crazy vacation is the carrot on the stick to get me to the end!!!

I look forward to planning with you all over this next year :cloud9:

I forgot to add!! Maybe we could all introduce ourselves? And then I will keep a role call in this post or post #2 :) How about the following:
  • Who is traveling? names and ages.
  • Where are you traveling from?
  • What cabin category are booked into?
  • What are you most excited about?
  • Are you doing anything in Florida before or after the cruise?

Last edited:
  • Kristine (36) and Kyle (39)
  • Vancouver Island!
  • 5E - 9th deck, aft! So excited :)
  • Food, excursions, the sun - pretty much all of it :)
  • Universal Orlando for two days before, WDW for 8 days after

-Natalie(33) Ian(40)Chloe(6) and Zac(4)
-Melbourne Australia
-5E deck 8 aft of ship
-beach,water fun with the kids, fish extender fun
-will also do universal 2 days before then LA afterwards

Hi
With exactly 365 until we set sail we cannot wait to do not only our first cruise but also our first Disney cruise. We will also have my parents along who are mid 50's and along for the fun. my kids are huge Disney fans as are all kids and we can't wait to participate in all he onboard and offshore fun

Hi Natalie!

:welcome:

It appears our trip plan is similar - two days at universal first, then the cruise, both in aft cabins :earsboy:
What is LA? (or do you mean Los Angeles - as you are heading to the West Coast too?) And your children are the same age as my nephews - such fun ages!

It is nice to know that someone else is excited about this cruise as well!! I have been

I am not all that interested in Fish Extenders*, however, I am not at all offend if someone wants to organize it in this thread :fish:

*I lie, I am TOTALLY interested in Fish Extenders and I am super-crafty, I just think with the schedule I have been running with school this last year that I probably shouldn't take it on:eek:

Hehe I know nothing about fish extenders other than what I've read but I believe the kids will get a kick out of delivering gifts and receiving things.
Yea our trip sounds identical haha.
We will go to Los Angeles afterwards as we will fly home from there and do Disney land.meeting more family there.plus as tempting as Disney world is, I am not sure my little ones legs can take all that walking. We haven't decided where to stay pre-cruise maybe somewhere near universal studios and then catch a private shuttle to port Canaveral . I have been busy looking at shore excursions I am super excited and have been making magnets for our door
I however have no creativity :(
It's great to know there will be more people around my husban and my age on board. I can't wait to use the mickey bands and check the kids into the kids club and have a few drinks post dinner

Hello, Kristine! We will be joining you all so far. Hopefully nothing changes between now and then. However, we have had a whole lot of life happening over the last year and a half. Anyway, we are:
Brenda (56) Eric (55)
Oxnard, California
7A Deck 7 Aft
This new itinerary. First time to Jamaica. YAY!
We will probably stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge for two or threes prior to the cruise.
I haven't done the FE in a while. We might do again for this cruise as all the ports except Castaway Cay will be new to us.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

is there a thread about fish extender sign ups yet? This will be my 5th dcl but first time doingextender. ..ssuper excited:)

Hi all :) I feel like I started this thread with so much excitement and then I dropped off the face of the earth!! Not going to try and hide it - SCHOOL IS GOING TO BE THE END OF ME!!! I finish in February 2016, so I just need to carry on - as it is self-inflicted I guess this smiley is suitable for me: :charac2:

Anyways - welcome Brenda and Briana (brianap92 - I think you are Briana?)!

I was just snooping at our cruise and I notice they have updated our itinerary! We were previously scheduled to be at Castaway Cay from 9.45 - 4.45.....and now we are there from 7.45 - 5!!! This is AWESOME!! It is an extra two hours+ on the island, I am pretty stoked about this update :) :cutie:

Briana - I have not started anything with FEs, and I am not all that interested in participating.....anyone is welcome to organize one in this thread though ::MinnieMo I am an organizing ninja, but I think it would be weird if I organized something I wasn't participating in!

Brenda - California is our happy place, we love visiting your state! (I even had one heck of an adventure at one of your gameshows....as demonstrated in my profile picture!!)

Natalie - you are going to have a blast at Disneyland!! It is just such a fun and special place! And I bet your kids will go nuts about CarsLand!!!!

345 days until the ship!!

• Mark (41) Monica (41) Kids.. Krystena (21) Joseph (16) Katelyn (10) and hopefully my parents and sister will join.. :-)
  • Eastvale, California
  • 08D Deluxe Ocean View Family rooms (2)
  • If parents join then NO.. if they don't join then possible 2 days at Universal prior to sailing...

• Ryan (31) Stephanie (36) and Conner (8)
  • Ft. Worth, Texas
  • 5E Deck 8 Aft
  • We've been on the Dream a few times, so really looking forward to the different ship and itinerary.
  • We'll be spending the day before at Cocoa Beach and relaxing from our drive

Hi everyone!

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread and just share a pdf document through a private conversation confidentially with just those who want to join in!

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and Fish Extender discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is completely up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM (conversation).

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any help getting started! :goodvibes

Hi there! Haven't stopped by the Dis in a long long time!!! We are getting ready to put deposit down on this cruise. It's 1:30 and my brain isn't totally functioning but here are our basics:
DH Matt, myself Angie (calling this my Happy 40th bc I turn 40 on May 9th), DD brooke (12) and DD hannah (8).
Also traveling with us probably will be my inlaws.

This will be our 5th Disney cruise, not sure pre or post plans since we are skipping school for this one.

We are from Wichita, KS, and are also deck 8 aft.

Welcome Monica, Ryan, and Angie :)

Monica - our first Disney cruise too - personally, I must remember to slow down, I think I already have far too many things I want to do! So excited :) We are at Universal for a few days before, we are planning on booking into the Cabana Bay.

Ryan - there seems to be quite the collection of folks here with Aft cabins! We already have a few Deck 8, 5E, and I am in a Deck 9 5E!

Angie - it is my 38th birthday on May 8 princess: - I am either going to be celebrating my bday or that I will have completed a degree online in February (22 months, online fulltime, while working fulltime - in hindsight I was obviously sleepwalking when I decided to register for this program ;)). Either way, I shall have a bday drink on the deck at sail away :)

Last edited:
Jackie - thanks for the FE update :) I was waiting on someone to start a thread for our cruise, but was too excited to wait any longer - so I went ahead even though I swear I am staying away from the FEs :earsgirl:

Hello everyone. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, and we can't wait.

Myself (35) Wife ( 33) Gabe (11) Avery (6) Dax( 3)
Traveling from NW Florida.
4D - deck 6 midship
Im most excited about the food! the kids can't wait for the kids clubs, and mom wants to shop.
We typically drive down to coco beach the night before and stay in a hotel. We eat at Ihop and swim all night. Then ride the shuttle to the terminal in the morning.

This will be a first cruise for the two youngest. My oldest might as well be going for the first time since our last one was 6 years ago.

Hi everyone!

Who is traveling? myself, Brandi (32), Hubby (35) and daughter (8)
Where are you traveling from? Maryland
What cabin category are booked into? 5B on deck 8 mid
What are you most excited about? everything, this will be the 1st time cruising for my daughter and myself, and first Disney cruise for my hubby. and we will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary too while we are on the cruise.
Are you doing anything in Florida before or after the cruise? we will be staying the night somewhere before the cruise, any suggestions?
Do people pin trade on the cruises too? that is one of my daughter's favorites. I would love to know the shore excursions everyone has done in the past and are planning to do on this cruise.

Last edited:
Hello Shipmates,

Our family consists of Justin (me) Crystal (wife) and our two sons 8 and 5.

We are on deck 9 Mid.

The boys will be celebrating their first cruise!
Crystal and I will be celebrating our 12 year Anniversary. We were married at Disneyland!!!

Disneyworld before and after cruise. We are avid visitors and Premier Ticket holders. We live in Valencia CA.

This cruise will allow me to celebrate being on all 4 Disney ships.

Looking forward to joining the FE. Keep in touch

JW

Welcome Justin :)

I am envious of your Disneyland wedding!! We are from Vancouver but were married in California - could not afford the Disney wedding at the time, so we were married at the Orange County Courthouse at 8.30 am and at the park by 10 am :D ((am also envious of your season passes!! :p)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter