• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream ~ May 18-22, 2015

:hippie:Hi Everyone! We're up to 18 families. I've recieved feedback from only a few folks about whether to split or not, so please keep your opinions on this topic coming. I know a few of you are still working on getting your cabin numbers, so thank you for telling me that so I don't keep hounding you...but for the folks I haven't heard from please let me know as soon as you can- BIFFCO & MAMADRAGONA

I am getting so excited!!! As for the split or not to split. I have never done this before, so it's all new to me. It seems like 18 families is a lot. But I am unsure of what to say, so I think I will ok as long as there isn't more.

9 and 9 doesn't seem like too little or too much. 18 sound doable, but that's a lot to travel with. If we hit 20 I say for sure split 10 and 10.

Palo Dinner is an absolute MUST DO!!! If you have never had Chocolate Souffle at Palo you haven't lived! Everytime I go I start with an Arrabbiatta penne with grilled chicken, then a lemon sorbet to reset the taste buds. Move on to the filet and potatoes. Then finish up desert with a Chocolate souffle. Maybe another desert, but this year, I might just ask for a 2nd souffle!! haha. We also brought our own bottle of wine we prefer and paid the minor corking fee. We took the bottle up around lunch and they chilled it for us all afternoon. It was better wine and lower price than what they had to offer. (FYI, Dr. Loosens blue slate Riesling, just a hint of bubbly to it. Found at BevMo, Total Wine, etc.)

Oh geez, the 24hr day at WDW is the day we get off? haha. It's also Star Wars Weekends. It's gonna be so busy. I need to get transportation back to the airport to pick up a rental car for our few days at WDW. Trying to decide if I should do Disney or private. I think we want a rental car, but we want to jump between parks 2 of the 4 days we're going. I'm not going to upgrade our DLR Premium passes to Premiere like we did last time. They really jacked up those Premiere passport prices. I'll have to run the numbers on savings for parking, food & souveneirs vs. just buying multi-day passes. Maybe we will do 1 our our passes the premiere and the other get the multi-day pass.

We've found that it's better to have more than less with the FEs. When we had only about 10 families we got everything on the first two days and then nothing. One cruise we had over 60 families, which was a lot, but our extender was overflowing every day of the cruise. It was fun to go back to the cabin multiple times in the day and find new gifts. Twenty to twenty-five is not a bad number for one group.

There us also some promo with staying on site... Buy 4 days of passes, get an extra free. I'm calling my TA to see if I can get a fifth free, since I was already planning on 4. I didn't realize we disembark so early, so we will be able to take advantage of it.

I had the Palo Brunch on the At Sea day but got an email that it was being cancelled. When I logged in, it was still there but kicked my wife off the reservation and didn't allow me to modify it so I guess it's really gone? Did anyone else get the email?

:sulley:Hi Everyone! My family is getting pretty excited about our cruise! It's coming up pretty quick! We are still at 18 families, with 11 days before our FE closes. I do agree with micandkay that more families is better than less...within reason, of course. I think 60 families is WAY too much in my personal opinion, but I would be okay with a ballpark of 20. Let me know your opinion (to split or not to split) if you haven't already.

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else on this cruise?

It's mine and my husbands 2nd cruise but the first time we're taking our 3 children.

We are all very excited, and would love to get a FE exchange up and running to make it even more magical for the kiddies (and us!)

Hope to see you all aboard :)

Hi, do you know where the official FE group is for this cruise? This is new to me, but I think I'd like to participate.

Hello all! Looks like I'm the only single parent traveling with my child. Glad to be on this cruise. This will be my DS's first cruise and my first Disney cruise. Very excited! I hope it's everything I imagined it to be.

Ok, after reading the remaining posts, it looks like this is where we "sign up" for the FE. I was confused because I thought the Administrator said there was another place to sign up for FE. This is my first Disney cruise, so I'm new to FE. I would like to participate with my DS who will be celebrating his 1st birthday on the cruise. Please let me know if that's possible or if there's another FE group for this cruise. Thanks!

Also, just my opinion...I would like a split (10 per group). I'm trying to think of how much room I'd need in my luggage for gifts for more than 10 people. I'll also be traveling heavier than usual bringing everything I'll need for an infant. I guess I need to google FE gifts, because I have no idea what gifts are appropriate for FE. :)

Hi we would like to join the fish extender group. This is all new to us. There are 7 of traveling together in 2 rooms 7676 and 7674. My husband (Marcus), myself (Judith), our 21 year old daughter (Jordyn), our 7 year old son (Noah), 4 year old son (Josiah), 2 Year old daughter (Jael) and our 6 month old baby (Micah).

How do we sign up? And how can we get a list of other families in the group?

Thanks!

Hi! This is my first cruise ever and I'm super excited! I was just surprised last night for my birthday. We are actually departing on the day of my birthday!

Seeing a few new families on here makes me lean towards splitting into two groups. If we keep having more families add on soon, I'd love to see 15 and 15 - preferably with the first 15 in one group and the next in the second (I already bought something with a count of a certain age group in mind). I'm flexible, though, and can make things work however it turns out. I think we are at 21 families now? With a bit more than a week to go before our "cut off", I'm interested to see how many more will join in. If no one else joins, I could make one big group work too, I think.

Hi! This is my first cruise ever and I'm super excited! I was just surprised last night for my birthday. We are actually departing on the day of my birthday!
that's awesome! My DS's birthday is the following day. I booked this cruise to celebrate his first birthday in a special way. Even though he'll only be a year old, I think he's going to enjoy it. I'm sure you will too. What an incredible birthday surprise. Congrats!

Okay gang, heres the two groups if we decide to split:
FE 1-
BiffCo (family of 4), VanessaDisney4L (family of 2 plus dog), Ottes 4 (family of 4 plus dog), Ottes4 (family of 4)MarkHeardJr (family of 2), Dugette (family of 3 plus cat & dog), NicciMouse (family of 3), NicciMouse (Family of 2), MandyLandy (family of 4 plus two cats & one dog), and SDMommyof3 (family of 8).
FE 2-
Disneyboy87 (family of 2), DenysL324 (family of 3 plus dog), Micandkay (family of 2), EricaWolf (family of 4) and JillsCrew (family of 4)

Please voice your opinion if you haven't already on what you would like to do...split or keep all 15 together. If we split, 5 more families can join and someone in FE 2 can take the lead with their group. If we don't split, we'll will get more goodies :o) I'm supportive either way

I think that splitting would be great so that it doesn't get too overwhelming.

:tinker:We are up to 21 families, and still have 8 days before our FE closes. Welcome to our newest members- MommyMeNDisney, judithmayerhofer & MrsSkellington! Thank you for posting your cabin rooms judithmayerhofer! Would you be able to provide me with which family members are staying in which room? Also, MommyMeNDisney & MrsSkellington, please post or PM me your cabin number :o)
I will post a final family list after March 31. Since our group is growing, I think more are leaning towards a split...so I will certainly post who's in each group. Dugette- I think that would be the best way- first 1/2 and second 1/2. Thank you!!

Just wondering what folks use for FEs on the door. Googling FE on etsy can get pricey, particularly for a family of 4.
TIA!

:tinker:We are up to 21 families, and still have 8 days before our FE closes. Welcome to our newest members- MommyMeNDisney, judithmayerhofer & MrsSkellington! Thank you for posting your cabin rooms judithmayerhofer! Would you be able to provide me with which family members are staying in which room? Also, MommyMeNDisney & MrsSkellington, please post or PM me your cabin number :o)
I will post a final family list after March 31. Since our group is growing, I think more are leaning towards a split...so I will certainly post who's in each group. Dugette- I think that would be the best way- first 1/2 and second 1/2. Thank you!!

Thank you for the welcome! :) I sent my cabin number to you the other day in a conversation. Did you receive it?

Just wondering what folks use for FEs on the door. Googling FE on etsy can get pricey, particularly for a family of 4.
TIA!

I'm still figuring that out. A two pocket FE for $35 is too much IMO. That's $35 for a VERY basic FE! SMH. IF I find something reasonable, I'll post where I found it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter