Disney Dream January 13-16, 2017; 3 night cruise

This was the information that i saw regarding the Fish Extender Program.

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private) to confirm everyone on it is still participating. And making a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped".

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

We are in Stateroom: 7094
My daughter is Emma she will be 6 years old when we cruise.
My son JT will be 2 years old when we cruise.
-No allergies for anyone in our family
-There will be 4 people in our room.

(i think this is enough information for everyone to give in order to do the FE gifts!...does anyone else think we need to include more information?)

We are in Stateroom: 7094
My daughter is Emma she will be 6 years old when we cruise.
My son JT will be 2 years old when we cruise.
-No allergies for anyone in our family
-There will be 4 people in our room.

(i think this is enough information for everyone to give in order to do the FE gifts!...does anyone else think we need to include more information?)
Maybe adding favorite Disney characters would help?

Hi! We would like to do the FE exchange too:-)

I am Susan (celebrating my 50th!!!! on this cruise as part of a back-to-back cruise celebration) and my husband Tom. We are doing it up in style by staying in 12012. We like Pluto and Mickey and Minnie and I like Cinderella oh and we like everything Star Wars too:-) No food allergies here either. Looking forward to this cruise as a nice mid-winter treat and to taking the sting out of turning the big 5-0!

We are on this cruise! Also part of a back to back. However, I do not think we will be participating in the FE exchange this trip

Add us to the very fun FE Exchange!

Stateroom 8012
Alanna- Mom
Charles- Dad
Ethan -Turning 13 on cruise
Clara- 9
Owen- 7

No favorite characters, we just love Disney cruises :)

Hi! Also a Kristen. Just found out today my Mom is booking this cruise for 10 of us for her 70th birthday! So excited

So now it appears a part of my group may want to participate in the FE exchange. Is there an organizer?

How is everyone doing? @Ariel's cousin How are the Birthday Plans going? Our birthday group is slowly dwindling to a more manageable size which I know will be a good thing in the long run.

We have airfare booked but I have not PIF. I cannot start booking excursions and such until September 15 (Platinum or at least 1 room is) so I figure I will pay off right after labor day. I am starting to figure out what I want to do on ship. Anyone else?

We just booked this cruise!! It'll be me, my sister, my bff from high school, my 17 year old daughter and her 17 year old bff. I can't remember our room number but I think we're on the 7th floor. We're so excited. It's a "senior celebration" for the two girls. We're definitely thinking about doing the FE.

This will be our first Disney Cruise and I can't wait! My boys are 10 and 6 and they don't know we are taking them yet!
It is actually my 40th birthday present from my husband and we all get to enjoy it together. I am interested in the FE if I can join up!
We are room 9046. The boys like Mickey and Star Wars.
I hear you are able to bring wine/beer on the ship? Is this true?
Any other tips and tricks to plan for?

Is it too late for us to join the list? There are 2 of us cruising. Hoping we can still join the list!

How do you know if you are part of the Fish Exchange for 1/13-1/16 trip?
I haven't heard for sure and this is our first Disney cruise so I want to be prepared! Thanks.

Hey there- Thank you but we will not be involved the FE. We are going just to relax and rest. Have fun

Hi Susan and Tom!
Just wanted to say thank you for the great FE presents onboard the Disney Cruise! What a special treat!!!
You really went over and above on the gifts! The boys LOVED it! And i can't wait to try the Crabcakes recipe!
I feel so bad because I never heard if we were involved with the Fish Extender. It was our first time on a Disney Cruise and didn't know how it worked or who to buy for. Was there a list posted somewhere? I'd like to know for the future.
I hope you enjoyed your 50th! I know this cruise was a fun way to celebrate my 40th!
Thanks again!
Molly

Hi! We would like to do the FE exchange too:-)

I am Susan (celebrating my 50th!!!! on this cruise as part of a back-to-back cruise celebration) and my husband Tom. We are doing it up in style by staying in 12012. We like Pluto and Mickey and Minnie and I like Cinderella oh and we like everything Star Wars too:-) No food allergies here either. Looking forward to this cruise as a nice mid-winter treat and to taking the sting out of turning the big 5-0!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter