Disney Dream, Feb 26, 2016

Someone has to put a list together, I have a sample if we want to try... Anyone want to take the lead?

How do we go about putting a group together? I joined one for our last cruise, but not sure how to get one going.

Someone has to put a list together, I have a sample if we want to try... Anyone want to take the lead?

Here's an answer I recently posted on another thread:
Quick course in Fish Extenders:

Outside your room onboard is a message holder, in most cases it's shaped like a fish:
fish holder wonder 2012 1408 100_7536.JPG

Once a cruise meet thread is up an running, someone in the group will (should?) step up and say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender exchange list". That person is the center point for all those who want to participate in the exchange. The list can be as simple as DISnames/room number/number of guests or as involved as full names/room number/ages of guests/like & dislikes/allergies/favorite characters/whatever is deemed necessary to know to put together the gifts.

Then each room on the FE list (note this will not be everyone on the Cruise Meet thread for your specific cruise), makes a Fish Extender holder. This is basically an organizer-type hanging bag with separate pockets for each person in the room:
door magnets 4 wonder oct 2011 256 100_3589 1500.jpg

They also make up gifts (either individual gifts or room gifts - whatever is decided by your group) to be delivered during the cruise.

One note about the gifts, some groups set up specific delivery dates, and specify "each person gets a gift" or "only one gift per room" or (even) maximum/minimum price ranges for gifts. Other groups just say "whatever", so people can choose what/how many gifts to give. Some give individual gifts, others only one gift per room, while others might do one for the adults and separate gifts for kids. Or only gift the kids.

Now that you have a Cruise Meet thread started, and some people who have expressed an interest in participating in a Fish Extender exchange, it's up to one of you to be the contact point.

I don't mind trying... If everyone wants to send me their last name, cabin number, and how many adults/kids per cabin I will make a master list. I am easy going so I think people could gift however they want, whenever they want. I don't think a gifting schedule is needed. Any other thoughts? We can make a cut off at the first ten people who express interest or on 1/19, whichever comes first. That way we have time to make or buy our gifts.

So it looks like so far purplesams, Kgregory2911, madisonwi, and myself are interested in the FE group.

I would too! I will be with my best friend, her 5 year old son, and my 8 year old daughter. So two ladies and two babies. I have been a part of an FE group before and have the extender ready. I'll try to upload a picture.
X4vfXuRRqwPUHddi55PfPTW4vTB07fwHDOf-AD2Lom9GJ-dQ65gPdKXnUj6h_Wvw4J66=w530-h707-p-k-rw

I would too! I will be with my best friend, her 5 year old son, and my 8 year old daughter. So two ladies and two babies. I have been a part of an FE group before and have the extender ready. I'll try to upload a picture.
X4vfXuRRqwPUHddi55PfPTW4vTB07fwHDOf-AD2Lom9GJ-dQ65gPdKXnUj6h_Wvw4J66=w530-h707-p-k-rw
I will try to put a link on here for a google doc survey that everyone who wants to join the Fish Extender group can fill out. Then I can send out the final list to everyone in the group.

Super Cute!

Thanks - just signed up!!! Looking forward to it!!!! I signed up my son and grandson's cabin (we have connected cabins.

Thanks - just signed up!!! Looking forward to it!!!! I signed up my son and grandson's cabin (we have connected cabins.
Great! Our family does too. My parents have two of my kids in their cabin:) But we will be listed separately because my mom is doing her own Fish Extender gifts apart from mine. Everyone wants in on the fun!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted, offered or discussed by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, here on the Cruise Line forum, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :boat:

So you cannot have a link on here for a Google doc,which I didn't realize. Only a few people were able to sign up before they removed the link. If you are interested in a Fish Extender group please post the following info or PM me and I will put together a spreadsheet or list of the participating cabins after everyone has posted. We will need. Cabin number, Number of adults/kids, with kids ages. If you would also like to include your names, allergies, favorite characters, or let us know if you are celebrating anything special I will include that info on the list as well.
So far we have three cabins signed up. The group will close at 10 cabins or on Saturday Jan 23rd, 2016. That way everyone has time to make or purchase their FE gift.

Last edited:
This is what I found posted by someone else about sending a personal message...
If you hover over "Inbox" at upper right, you'll see "start a new conversation". Conversations is what PMs are now called. Click on that and you can converse with up to 10 people.

You must have at least posted 10 messages to be able to start a new conversation with someone.

Last edited:
I need your cabin number for the FE group list. Please post it here or PM me.Also if you would like me to add your first/last names, allergies, favorite characters, or any special occasions you are celebrating just let me know.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter