Disney Dream Cruise December 4, 2015

Hello Everyone!! We are so excited. We just booked our cruise with you all and it's our second trip on the Dream. The first was two years ago on a Halloween cruise and this time will be a Holiday cruise and my son's 9th bday! What sealed the deal for us was that the Dream is going into dry dock in October for some updates and when it comes back out 3 weeks later part of the kids club will have the Star Wars Millenium Falcoln in it and a Disney Infinity Station. So a life sized gingerbread house, christmas deocorations, santa claus and darth vadar. It doesn't get much better than that! We were looking at the Magic with their Marvel characters but this cruise was such a good value and with the star wars updates who could pass it up? Not us! We would love to participate in the FE and can't wait to decorate our door. We didn't do it last year and were so disappointed. We are on the 7th floor in room 7676. We are from Winter Park, FL which is just outside Orlando so we are fortunate in that we get to do quite a bit of disney activities frequently. We love the mouse! Blessings! Tiffany

I also noticed that other parents were mentioning Disney characters that their children liked. We we LOVE Olaf ( who doesn't love that snowman), the incredibles, stitch, still have a super soft spot for WALL-E and EVE, captain hook and peter pan, those seven dwarves, Eeyore, Tigger and of course Mickey and the gang! We would love to know if any of YOU are celebrating anything special and on what days and since it's a holiday cruise I know our doors are going to look extra festive. FIVE MONTHS AND COUNTING!!!! I don't think we are even getting off the boat. The magic is all on board!

Nice to meet you Tiffany. We live in Clermont so I know what you mean about Disney activities frequently. My daughter will be celebrating her 8th birthday on the cruise. We also plan on staying on the boat except for castaway cay which is absolutely beautiful.

We are going on our first Disney cruise and we are so excited. We would love to participate in FE. I'm going to be starting to buy/make the FE gifts this weekend :) Love these crafty things!

We are 2 adults, two - 4 yr old (1 boy and 1 girl), one - 10 yr old boy, one - 8 yr old boy and one - 1 yr old boy.

We'll also be giving gifts from both our cabins.
Hi Candy! We are a family of three and will be cruising the high seas with you too in December! I noticed that you have two 8 year old boys in your group. I have an 8 year old boy who will be turning 9 on the second day of the cruise. I am sure he will especially like dropping off treats for some boys his age and most likely will bump elbows with them in the kids club. I am not sure if your boys are into Star Wars or not but did you see the announcements that the Dream will be updated before our cruise with Star Wars and Disney Infinity Gaming Stations? It's all my son can talk about. Only five more months to go. I am starting on my fish hooks and magnets too! -Tiffany

Welcome Tiffany! :welcome:

I added you to the roll call

Our first cruise our daughter turned 7 on the cruise. Magical! pixiedust:
Your son's will be too:bday:

Under the 5 month mark-:sail:

Hello All,

We just booked this cruise. We would like to participate in the FE...although with 3 nights hopefully the rooms are all together...that ship is HUGE walking across back and forth..haha.

In any case.

2 adults
2 children (3 and newborn...well 7 months)

See ya'll soon.

Welcome!
Yes, the ship is definitely huge but you can also do the kids sleuthing game too while you roam the halls to kill 2 birds with one stone. If you aren't familiar with it, it is a detective game that is interactive involving magic portals similar to what is at the magic kingdom at WCW. Have your 3 year old register for his/her detective badge on deck 5 on the way to registering for the kids club. You will be sent on a goose chase hunting down interactive pictures all over the ship to get your clues and solve your case which also gives you a great opportunity to drop off treats to your fellow cruisers! Give us some info on your favorite characters! My husband stumped me the other day and announced his favorite all time disney character was one of the country bear jamboree bears with the banjo. I think he is going to have to just settle for Mr. Incredible. Good luck to anyone finding a magnet with that bear. Talk about blast from the past. We would love to know what characters bring that extra pixie dust magic for your family so we can personalize your door! It's going to be a great cruise. I can almost smell the gingerbread!

Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

Yes sorry for the lack of details.

3 year old girl - toy story gang, mickey gang, pooh n friends
.6 year old boy - anything really

Also, we are platinum cruisers and can start booking out cabanas etc in about 2 weeks. We aren't big cabana people but we know MANY people are so if you'd like one, we can potentially put one on hold for someone...but again its only 1.

PM if you'd like me to do that.

Thanks.

:welcome::welcome:
Hello All,

We just booked this cruise. We would like to participate in the FE...although with 3 nights hopefully the rooms are all together...that ship is HUGE walking across back and forth..haha.

In any case.

2 adults
2 children (3 and newborn...well 7 months)

See ya'll soon.

Yay:welcome:. Platinum! Awesome! That is our goal:)

I added you to the roll call.

Glad to see some activity on this thread. It is getting close- where is everyone!?!:hourglass:ssst::sail:

Yaye, we can start booking next week :)

I just hope we can swing an upgrade at the port.

For anyone interested, there are a LOT of cabanas left to book online.

Although the online booking system is pretty dismal, i had to call IT to help get it done.

...and I just read through 3 pages of blog and get it now! Hehe!
My husband and I will be traveling with our 5 year old son. Our 3 month old will have to stay with Grammy as she is too young to go this trip.

2 adults
1 5 year old boy.
He's obsessed with captain America and all things Disney. Volcanoes and the color blue.

Room 9667

In regards to the list,will there be a spread sheet we can down load all the FE participants?

...and I just read through 3 pages of blog and get it now! Hehe!
My husband and I will be traveling with our 5 year old son. Our 3 month old will have to stay with Grammy as she is too young to go this trip.

2 adults
1 5 year old boy.
He's obsessed with captain America and all things Disney. Volcanoes and the color blue.

Room 9667

In regards to the list,will there be a spread sheet we can down load all the FE participants?
:welcome::sail:
Welcome to the cruise!

I added you to the roll call. If no one else wants the FE organization then I will do that too. Unfortunately the person that started this thread has not returned so the first post of the thread is not getting updated. Usually it has information like the itinerary, rollcall, FE info and other cruise related info.

We will create a spreadsheet of all those participating in the fish extender for everyone to download once we decide the deadline for people signing up.

Volcanoes? Has he seen the short Lava that was at the beginning of Inside Out? It is available to watch with Disney Movies App for free until 8/12/15.

Welcome to the cruise!

I added you to the roll call. If no one else wants the FE organization then I will do that too. Unfortunately the person that started this thread has not returned so the first post of the thread is not getting updated. Usually it has information like the itinerary, rollcall, FE info and other cruise related info.

We will create a spreadsheet of all those participating in the fish extender for everyone to download once we decide the deadline for people signing up.

Volcanoes? Has he seen the short Lava that was at the beginning of Inside Out? It is available to watch with Disney Movies App for free until 8/12/15.

We absolutely LAVA it! Haha

Welcome to the cruise!

I volunteer as tribute! :tongue:

But seriously, I can coordinate the FE list if a volunteer is needed! Please just let me know.

Question on how the FE works. Do we make/buy gifts for only the children or do we do both the adults and children? Or a cabin gift?

Question on how the FE works. Do we make/buy gifts for only the children or do we do both the adults and children? Or a cabin gift?
It is up to you. Some people do cabin gifts and some do individual gifts and some do both cabin and individual gifts.
I volunteer as tribute! :tongue:

But seriously, I can coordinate the FE list if a volunteer is needed! Please just let me know.
Sounds great! Thank you for volunteering as tribute:worship:

Okay! Let's get this FE started!

I know that a lot of folks have expressed interest in the FE on this thread. If you are still interested, or if you're new to this cruise (WELCOME!), please PM me with the following info:

-Cabin #
-Names, Ages, & Favorite characters
-Any allergies (please indicate if it's cabin-wide or just for specific individuals)
-Any special celebrations
-Castaway club level
-E-mail (so I can send you the final list for your group when it is ready)

I'll place 15 cabins in each group. Once one is full, I will start a new group. Please let me know if you'd like to participate in ALL groups! That's definitely an option!

The first group will be the MICKEY list, so start sending me those messages! :mickeyjum

Deadline is September 30, 2015.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter