Disney Dream Cruise December 1, 2013

Welcome everyone! I started this thread but haven't been on the boards for a while.

I'm editing my initial post from today, because I responded to the last post on page 1 of thread, not noticing there were 3 pages!
So my post sounded kind of random.

My reply was in answer to questions about the parade filming and weather.
I think I'll just leave it as is, but with the explanation that it is a reply to the first pages of posts.
I'll read page 2 and 3 and get caught up.

Yes, it will be crazy busy in MK for the parade taping!

The good news is that the other 3 parks may be at very low attendance.
We'll probably do AK that day because it's furthest from MK....people might spill into Epcot via the monorail.

If you want to experience MK that day, I say go for it!
You can always just leave and go to another park, right?

I'm so glad to see some other families. And we have plenty of time to get acquainted before we board.

In response to someone's question about weather, we've only been to Orlando twice and that was in Sept. and Oct.(hot, humid, with plenty of afternoon showers/or downpoors).
We've done one cruise, but that was on the Mexican Riviera. In doing a google search for temperature averages this is what I found:

Highs: average at 73....Perfect!
Lows: average at 52......Nice excuse to purchase that favorite Disney sweatshirt!
Rain:average of 2.58 inches per month....one of the lowest months of the year.

And because we will be there early December, we could be closer to November averages which are warmer with less rain.

I did a separate search for Nassau and those avg. highs were 79, 68, and 2 inch of rain per month.

Average water/ocean temperatures at 75-78.

That may be a little cool for some, but in exchange for the lower temperatures we get lower prices and less crowded theme parks!

Shanna:santa:

Hi, it's me again.
I just finished reading pages 2 and 3.
Sorry to see that we lost a couple of families.

Pirate night for us on the Mex. Riv. was great!
Don't let this recent fight between 2 guests prevent your family from attending.
My kids all dressed up and had a ball! We all loved the food too.

I hope to see more families joining our meet soon!
I did notice that prices are still the same (at least for our rooms) as when we booked them back in May 2012.

Dec.1, 2013 is so far out, I'm not certain who will be coming with us.
Sad to say, my husband of nearly 24 years unexpectedly passed away in early June. The kids don't know we had booked this cruise. The problem now is that there has to be an adult in each room and we need 2 rooms. So, I may have one of our young adult sons join us for that reason. Problem is they are usually very busy that time of year with work, school, etc. As Eyeore would say....Oh Bother! Well, I'll figure it out. I am bound and determined to follow through with this trip as it was one of the last things I planned together with my husband.
So as a reminder, my younger kids' ages at the time of sailing will be as follows:
DD 17, DS 15, DS 13, DD 6, and hopefully our foster son ( of 3 years) will have his citizenship(he was born in Canada) worked out, and adoption finalized. He will be 6 as well at the time of sailing. My 2 older sons are 23 and 19 right now.
They are all great kids and love making new friends on vacations.

Anybody else hot where you live? We are in California and experiencing the usual heat wave of early August. Its been over 100 degrees for the past few days and should be 106 today. At least no humidity.

Hi, sorry for taking so long to answer. This thread was dead for so long I stopped coming back to check for replies!

So sorry to hear about your husband. I'm glad you are still joining us though. My DS will be 12 on the cruise so maybe he'll make friends with your 13-year old!

We are Canadian, it's been a beautiful summer so far, not too hot (the heat here in Ontario can get as extreme as the cold!).

Hey! The more the merrier!

We are still having high temps but the kids and I went away to Lake Tahoe, (just 90 minutes from us) and enjoyed highs of 76 and 78 degrees for the weekend. They all started school on Tuesday, so we're settling back in to a routine. I can't wait to tell them about the cruise, but it's so far off!

Hey everyone. Just dropping in to say hi and we may be in for Dec 1 2013. Always wanted to do a December cruise. We are not 100% sure. I work overseas and a lot depends on my schedule but this one is looking good for us.
We have 2 boys, age at cruise time will be 9 and 12
Cheers

Hi, it's me again.
I just finished reading pages 2 and 3.
Sorry to see that we lost a couple of families.

Pirate night for us on the Mex. Riv. was great!
Don't let this recent fight between 2 guests prevent your family from attending.
My kids all dressed up and had a ball! We all loved the food too.

I hope to see more families joining our meet soon!
I did notice that prices are still the same (at least for our rooms) as when we booked them back in May 2012.

Dec.1, 2013 is so far out, I'm not certain who will be coming with us.
Sad to say, my husband of nearly 24 years unexpectedly passed away in early June. The kids don't know we had booked this cruise. The problem now is that there has to be an adult in each room and we need 2 rooms. So, I may have one of our young adult sons join us for that reason. Problem is they are usually very busy that time of year with work, school, etc. As Eyeore would say....Oh Bother! Well, I'll figure it out. I am bound and determined to follow through with this trip as it was one of the last things I planned together with my husband.
So as a reminder, my younger kids' ages at the time of sailing will be as follows:
DD 17, DS 15, DS 13, DD 6, and hopefully our foster son ( of 3 years) will have his citizenship(he was born in Canada) worked out, and adoption finalized. He will be 6 as well at the time of sailing. My 2 older sons are 23 and 19 right now.
They are all great kids and love making new friends on vacations.

Anybody else hot where you live? We are in California and experiencing the usual heat wave of early August. Its been over 100 degrees for the past few days and should be 106 today. At least no humidity.

We were on the Magic in Oct 2008 that diverted to Nassau to outrun hurricane Omar. The pirate party is a great time if you youtube some videos. The kids have a great time and we can't wait to see it again. I agree I wouldn't worry about hearing about a fight during the show. I remember before we took our cruise there was a thread on a couple of guys who got in a fight in one of the dinning rooms. I won't let someone's testosterone level ruin my vacation. It's a big ship I'll just go somewhere else. I'll bet those guys got an earful from their wives right after their actions anyways

Hey everyone. Just dropping in to say hi and we may be in for Dec 1 2013. Always wanted to do a December cruise. We are not 100% sure. I work overseas and a lot depends on my schedule but this one is looking good for us.
We have 2 boys, age at cruise time will be 9 and 12
Cheers

I hope you get to join us!! My son, age 12 and my grandson, age 9, will be with us!! :woohoo:

I booked our post-cruise stay at Art of Animation from the 5th to the 8th. I know it's going to be a crazy time with the parade taping and Pop Warner, but we'll just have to wing it! :rotfl:

I'm visiting THIS year at that time as well, so I'll let you all know if the crowds were intolerable. It's the only time we could go this year and flights were cheap so we're going for it. :cheer2:

Yes!!!! We Are booked!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
Room 10166. Couldn't be;ieve it was still available so we jumped on it :banana::banana:
We are not going to WDW this time but will go to Kennedy for a day after the cruise

Congratulations! And Welcome!
Our small group is growing.

We have rooms 5650/5652, with the extra large verandahs.
And, if 2 in our group are unable to come I have a back-up reservation for 10082, which will sleep the remaining 5 of us. Having just the one room would almost pay for our airfare, but I do hope all 7 of us can go.

I just looked on a deck plan to see where your room, 10166 is located.
Have you ever stayed in that location before? Do you like it?

I was hoping to try one of the Family Ocean View rooms that sleep 5, but they are gone. It appears that all rooms sleeping 5 are going quickly, with over a year still to go.

Actually this will be our second cruise so we haven't seen the Dream yet. Just wanted a big veranda and be able to sit on it to have breakfast.
We paid the deposit today. Maybe it was yesterday. I get confused with the time change being ahead here so my days are mixed up. It's paid that I do know!!

Actually this will be our second cruise so we haven't seen the Dream yet. Just wanted a big veranda and be able to sit on it to have breakfast.
We paid the deposit today. Maybe it was yesterday. I get confused with the time change being ahead here so my days are mixed up. It's paid that I do know!!

I see you are from Kitchener! I was born there, living in Sarnia now. :wave2:

There's no time difference between us and Florida though? :confused3

Pinkgurlshubby said:
Yes!!!! We Are booked!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
Room 10166. Couldn't be;ieve it was still available so we jumped on it :banana::banana:
We are not going to WDW this time but will go to Kennedy for a day after the cruise

Hey neighbor, we are in 10658!

Hey neighbor, we are in 10658!
Hi neighbors!!!
I really thought I had answered this but apparently the African internet konked out before saving it...Oh well. Not sure about you but on the Magic we had a deck 7 veranda room but this time we wanted a bigger one and a different view

Hi everyone. We just moved from a Feb 2013 cruise on the Wonder to this one. (needed a little more time to pay for it.)

I hope we are able to keep this one because we really want to see the Dream and CC decorated for Christmas. This will be our third DCL cruise and the second one on the Dream.

Our cast of characters are myself, my wife, my DS who will be 15 by then and my DD who will be 12 by then.

If we get enough folks, we would love to do a meet-n-greet and fish extenders.

Welcome!!!

I don't think we'll be doing FE's. Traveling with kids and grandkids and my mom and that's going to be enough for me to keep everyone organized and happy! I already have one daughter complaining because her room is connecting with the other daughter's! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter