• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream 4/1/2016 (3-Night Cruise)

WVBelle

Escaping Provincial Life
Hey Everyone!!

There wasn't a thread started, so I thought I would start it up for the April 1-4 3-Night Cruise on Disney Dream. Can't wait to get to know everyone!

This is the first cruise ever for myself, my husband, and my son. My parents are planning to join us too, but they haven't officially booked yet.

SO EXCITED!! This is a Bucket List item for me!! Cannot wait!! Tips are welcome!!

Report here from rehab!

I'm doing pretty well, standing up is getting easier. I feel the thoughts and prayers from my Disboard family! Not getting on here very much. Will keep in touch.

Bobbi

Also, will be joining this cruise. Myself, daughter, and three grandkids ages 10, 6 & 3 at cruise time. This will be their first cruise as well as first Disney cruise. Can hardly wait!

This will be our first cruise too (and my parents)! I'm trying to keep this as a birthday surprise for my son. It just may very well be the hardest surprise I've ever had to keep. He didn't have a big blowout birthday party this year, so we could channel that money to the cruise. He had a family one, just not a big one for his friends. We told him we have a big surprise for him coming.

Any ideas on how we could reveal the surprise?

Report here from rehab!

I'm doing pretty well, standing up is getting easier. I feel the thoughts and prayers from my Disboard family! Not getting on here very much. Will keep in touch.

Bobbi
Hope you're recovery is going well!

Hi everyone,

This will be our 3rd disney cruise. We've never been in april, but we have sailed on the Dream. This trip will be with my husband and daughter who will be 14. We are very excited!

What do you love about the ship? What are the "must dos" for us first timers?

There are so many things I love about the Dream. A few of my favs are the adult-only areas, the decor, the cast members, balcony rooms, etc. I was blown away by the beauty and service on the ship.

For first-timers...well, I guess that depends on your traveling party. I believe you mentioned your parents and son. Depending on the age of your son, have him check out the kid's clubs and characters. For adults, definitely check out the adult areas and the beverage seminars. We especially loved mixology.

There are so many things to do! Check out Navigator's from previous trips to get a good idea what is going on during that time.

This will be our first cruise too (and my parents)! I'm trying to keep this as a birthday surprise for my son. It just may very well be the hardest surprise I've ever had to keep. He didn't have a big blowout birthday party this year, so we could channel that money to the cruise. He had a family one, just not a big one for his friends. We told him we have a big surprise for him coming.

Any ideas on how we could reveal the surprise?

Hi, disney offers a free personalized phone call from minnie and mickey that invites them on the ship..you can make a reservation for the right day and time. :)

We just switched to this cruise and are so excited! It will be me, my husband, DD 17, and DS 15. Is there a fish extender thread yet?

There are so many things I love about the Dream. A few of my favs are the adult-only areas, the decor, the cast members, balcony rooms, etc. I was blown away by the beauty and service on the ship.

For first-timers...well, I guess that depends on your traveling party. I believe you mentioned your parents and son. Depending on the age of your son, have him check out the kid's clubs and characters. For adults, definitely check out the adult areas and the beverage seminars. We especially loved mixology.

There are so many things to do! Check out Navigator's from previous trips to get a good idea what is going on during that time.

My parents would LOVE a Mixology Seminar! That would be so much fun! My son is super excited about the kid's clubs. We watched a Disney Cruise documentary and he was hooked! We finally revealed the surprise. We did use the free call (Thank you @2mommy2006)! My husband got video on his phone. He is so so excited!

We just switched to this cruise and are so excited! It will be me, my husband, DD 17, and DS 15. Is there a fish extender thread yet?

I don't know. I was wondering that too. I wasn't sure if these kinds of threads turned into Fish Extender groups or if we needed to start another one. I definitely want to do some Fish Extender exchanges.

We are joining this cruise also:dogdance:..it will be me, my Husband, our 8 year old and my 16 year old...Its a surprise for them..first time cruising as a family. .i am overly excited!

My son is 8 also! This is a birthday trip for him (it'll be a few days early, but close enough!)

7th Disney cruise. First time on the Dream. Myself and my daughter 15. Have done fish extenders on almost every cruise. Would love to see one on this sailing!! Loads of fun

7th Disney cruise. First time on the Dream. Myself and my daughter 15. Have done fish extenders on almost every cruise. Would love to see one on this sailing!! Loads of fun

Do we need to start a new thread for the Fish Extender Group or can we use this one?

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter