Disney Dream 12/26/2016-12/30/2016 FE group

I would like to exchange FE on the DREAM cruise 12/26-12/30 2016

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
Our family would like to participate in the FE December 26, 2016 Disney Dream Cruise. It's our first cruise so we are not very knowledgable about how to sign up. We have a mom and dad and a 14 year old girl and a 2.5 year old girl at the time of the trip. We are mainly wanting our daughters to be participants but the whole family is up for the fun if appropriate.

Our family would like to participate in the FE December 26, 2016 Disney Dream Cruise. It's our first cruise so we are not very knowledgable about how to sign up. We have a mom and dad and a 14 year old girl and a 2.5 year old girl at the time of the trip. We are mainly wanting our daughters to be participants but the whole family is up for the fun if appropriate.
This might help (if anyone is interested in setting up the Fish Extender group):
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a couple of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Hi Clint, I will work on getting a FE conversation set up for us and will be sure to include you and your children in the group. Thanks so much!
Sherry

PrincessShmoo that is quite an impressive cruising log you have as well! This is our 2nd cruise, but our 1st with Disney. We are keeping it a secret from the kids until the day before we leave (as long as I can contain my excitement that long!) Any other tips or tricks a vetran like you can offer?
Best,
Sherry

Thank you Sherry. I look forward to getting all this going. My wife is the Disney fanatic, but I enjoy it all too. She was going to keep the trip a secret, which she is usually good at keeping secrets, but this was just to much for her so she broke down and told our teen! I hope you have better luck keeping it quite until the day before !!

We need to set up a FE group. Share your information in a reply. The group will be limited to 10 families and close November 1.
Rhanks
We are a family of 4
Mom-Kim-Winnie the pooh
Dad-Rob-Tigger
Maggie-17-Olaf
Dan-14-Goofy
No food allergies

Hey Guys Nice to "meet" Everyone. This will be our fifth cruise and our first on the Dream. It's just the two of us, my DH and I.
Me - Jenn - BElle
Rolin Star Wars but also Sully and Mike
No food allergies.

Whoops hit send some how
Ryan - Star Wars
Jen- Ariel
Charlie -6- buzz light year
Alex -4 - Pluto
Owen- 1- Mickey
Please let me know what else I need to do to get signed up. Thanks

We would love to join the FE!
It will be our second Disney cruise
Dh and I have three boys

Whoops hit send some how
Ryan - Star Wars
Jen- Ariel
Charlie -6- buzz light year
Alex -4 - Pluto
Owen- 1- Mickey
Please let me know what else I need to do to get signed up. Thanks

I'm not sure if there's a Fish Extender group set up here. @Kim E said:

We need to set up a FE group. Share your information in a reply. The group will be limited to 10 families and close November 1.
Rhanks
We are a family of 4
Mom-Kim-Winnie the pooh
Dad-Rob-Tigger
Maggie-17-Olaf
Dan-14-Goofy
No food allergies

But I don't know if that means he/she will maintain the list or not. And he/she hasn't been back here since March 9th.

I'm not sure if there's a Fish Extender group set up here. @Kim E said:

But I don't know if that means he/she will maintain the list or not. And he/she hasn't been back here since March 9th.
I can maintain the group, however I need to limit it to 10 families and it need to close it by Nov. 1. There is some interest based on the comments. Please give the names of the people in your family/group that would be participating, ages,if they have allergies, and if they have a favorite Disney character. We also need state room#'s so everyone knows where to deliver the items. The first 10 families that complete the above information will be included in the group. I will post a list of families once we reach 10 or Nov.1, whichever happens first. If you are comfortable sharing your email address, I can email the final list to everyone that way. My email is emaryk@bellsouth.net.

I can maintain the group, however I need to limit it to 10 families and it need to close it by Nov. 1. There is some interest based on the comments. Please give the names of the people in your family/group that would be participating, ages,if they have allergies, and if they have a favorite Disney character. We also need state room#'s so everyone knows where to deliver the items. The first 10 families that complete the above information will be included in the group. I will post a list of families once we reach 10 or Nov.1, whichever happens first. If you are comfortable sharing your email address, I can email the final list to everyone that way. My email is emaryk@bellsouth.net.

Would you like us to email you our information - is that easier for you?
I'm new here - is there any reason to not post cabin #'s in the forum?

Hello! I am still very much interested in the FE group. Thank you for offering to maintain the list.
Dad-Joe
Mom-Sherry
Daughter-Morgan (9 1/2 at cruise time)
Son-Gavin (7 1/2 at cruise time)
I will send our stateroom number soon.

Thanks! I will add you to the group! Does anyone in the family have a favorite character? I will also need a state room # for delivery.

Would you like us to email you our information - is that easier for you?
I'm new here - is there any reason to not post cabin #'s in the forum?
I did this last winter and posted state room # and didn't have a problem. Without a state room # we don't know where to deliver item(s).

I can maintain the group, however I need to limit it to 10 families and it need to close it by Nov. 1. There is some interest based on the comments. Please give the names of the people in your family/group that would be participating, ages,if they have allergies, and if they
PrincessShmoo that is quite an impressive cruising log you have as well! This is our 2nd cruise, but our 1st with Disney. We are keeping it a secret from the kids until the day before we leave (as long as I can contain my excitement that long!) Any other tips or tricks a vetran like you can offer?
Best,
Sherry

have a favorite Disney character. We also need state room#'s so everyone knows where to deliver the items. The first 10 families that complete the above information will be included in the group. I will post a list of families once we reach 10 or Nov.1, whichever happens first. If you are comfortable sharing your email address, I can email the final list to everyone that way. My email is emaryk@bellsouth.net.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter