Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

All caught up, sounds like JJ is really enjoying acting and you guys had a great trip. :thumbsup2 Bummer about the eggs benedict and wear and tear on the mural. It was almost eerie how deserted the pool was. Wow.

What's the magic number that threads get locked at?

All caught up, sounds like JJ is really enjoying acting and you guys had a great trip. :thumbsup2 Bummer about the eggs benedict and wear and tear on the mural. It was almost eerie how deserted the pool was. Wow.

Missed you! Hope things are going well at school and with your health?

While I was kind of sad about my favorite item not on the buffet, there was plenty of other fabulous foods to choose from! I'm sure we'll go back again sometime.

It's great having a pool to yourself. I think everyone swimming was in the Hippy Dippy Pool, it was packed over there!

:thumbsup2 Good boy Anakin!

He hoards the soaps and shampoos. If you use the shampoo, it does take a good amount of it to wash your hair, especially if it's long. I used almost half a bottle on my hair alone.

I want that bag...too bad about the jewel!

The bag is pretty!

Great pics at the resorts;love the look on Anakin's face when he got mail

Thanks! He jumped up and down and was so excited to get a package! He was shocked it wasn't from his grandparents.

I'm not sure what the "Magic Number" is before a thread gets locked. Maybe somebody else knows.

Well, how much longer are you going to keep us in suspense? I wanna know what part Anakin got in the play!

As I mentioned last update. After DTD we came back to the room. I took some pictures as the sun was nearly set.

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

I did buy one other thing for myself at TrenD, this ring. I think it was around $6. It came in this pink, DIS green, and purple.

DSC_0303.jpg

Tuesday morning arrived all to quickly. We had to leave early enough to check out, drop us and all the stuff at home and get dh to work. It was a scramble, but it all worked out perfectly!

Up next... Don't leave home without an ADR or a solid lunch plan, a refurbishment detour.

The max size for threads is 250 pages.

I love that giant yo yo!! That is great!!

Your ring is very cute. AoA looks so great!!

I'm not sure what the "Magic Number" is before a thread gets locked. Maybe somebody else knows.

Well, how much longer are you going to keep us in suspense? I wanna know what part Anakin got in the play!

He got the part of Max the Grinch's dog!!

As a dog, he has no speaking lines. He is not on stage the first scene, but every scene after that he is on stage!! I don't have to worry about him getting lost or wondering off and out one of the doors!

His favorite helper is the Grinch, so he is thrilled!

JJ knows nothing about dogs since he is scared to death of them. He just recently discovered that you can snuggle an animal. So I'm going to have to find videos and movies for him to watch. Maybe hotel for dogs? And the 2 Grinch movies we have. Beverly Hills Chiuaua.

They are not doing a musical though they do have a few songs. JJ is disappointed that he won't be able to sing or dance, until the play is over and they sing a song all together.

Since it's a non-profit, they can't charge admission, it's solely run on donations. The community has been so supportive of this group. Funding has been supplied and volunteers have stepped up. They have their own costumer who will make sure everyone is provided with a costume at no charge to the actors. They all get a t-shirt with the group's name and name of the play!

Last night they did a read through of the script. JJ began to panic because he can't read that fast to follow along. I moved him over to one of the helpers and she kept him on the right page. This helper is one of the teens in his homeschool acting class! Last night was her first night helping. The teens get community service hours that they need for state scholarships for college for volunteering.

The max size for threads is 250 pages.

I love that giant yo yo!! That is great!!

Your ring is very cute. AoA looks so great!!

Thanks! Oh good, I have room to go!

Huge icons at POP! Bowling pins and Yo-Yo's are the 50's icons.

I'm not much of a ring wearer, but I was drawn to it's gawdy cuteness!

AoA is such an impressive resort. You can see the money poured into it reflected in the quality of it.

Same with the New Fantasyland!

As a dog, he has no speaking lines. He is not on stage the first scene, but every scene after that he is on stage!! I don't have to worry about him getting lost or wondering off and out one of the doors!

His favorite helper is the Grinch, so he is thrilled!

JJ knows nothing about dogs since he is scared to death of them. He just recently discovered that you can snuggle an animal. So I'm going to have to find videos and movies for him to watch. Maybe hotel for dogs? And the 2 Grinch movies we have. Beverly Hills Chiuaua.

They are not doing a musical though they do have a few songs. JJ is disappointed that he won't be able to sing or dance, until the play is over and they sing a song all together.

Since it's a non-profit, they can't charge admission, it's solely run on donations. The community has been so supportive of this group. Funding has been supplied and volunteers have stepped up. They have their own costumer who will make sure everyone is provided with a costume at no charge to the actors. They all get a t-shirt with the group's name and name of the play!

Last night they did a read through of the script. JJ began to panic because he can't read that fast to follow along. I moved him over to one of the helpers and she kept him on the right page. This helper is one of the teens in his homeschool acting class! Last night was her first night helping. The teens get community service hours that they need for state scholarships for college for volunteering.

I'm sure that JJ will be an amazing Max the Dog! Do you have the Homeward Bound movies? Those have dogs and cats in them and they aren't scary. I'm sure that he'll learn the maneurisms of the dogs quickly by watching the movies and with the help of the volunteers.

It sounds like the theater group is made up of a wonderful group of volunteers who are great at working with the special needs children. So, they are pretty set on their funding or do they have fundraisers throughout the year?

Lacey has done volunteering every since she was 15 and Hunter's starting to do community service as well. Lacey worked two Summer camps for children with Autism and helped run and organize a softball team for special needs children and teens. She said that it was some of the most rewarding work she has ever done and preferred it over working at the shelters in Atlanta.

I'm sure that JJ will be an amazing Max the Dog! Do you have the Homeward Bound movies? Those have dogs and cats in them and they aren't scary. I'm sure that he'll learn the maneurisms of the dogs quickly by watching the movies and with the help of the volunteers.

It sounds like the theater group is made up of a wonderful group of volunteers who are great at working with the special needs children. So, they are pretty set on their funding or do they have fundraisers throughout the year?

Lacey has done volunteering every since she was 15 and Hunter's starting to do community service as well. Lacey worked two Summer camps for children with Autism and helped run and organize a softball team for special needs children and teens. She said that it was some of the most rewarding work she has ever done and preferred it over working at the shelters in Atlanta.

Those are good movies too, thanks!

The volunteers are great!

No the funds are not set. They are set for this production only. They will accept donations the night of the play and are always accepting donations for this group.

That's great that Lacey and Hunter volunteer! I think the volunteer gets as much out of it as the people they are helping.

Grumpy and I volunteered at a homeless shelter. He helped with the food on the men's side. And I helped with the women and children, mentoring a woman for 18 months there. After reading Same Kind of Different as Me, I couldn't help but begin volunteering with the homeless. And that book opened up my eyes to stick with it until the person I was mentoring was back on her feet. Unfortunately that was around the time that JJ started his seizures, so I had to stop helping and we lost contact. She completed the program and is on her own. I would love to know where and see her and her son from time to time, but that's only going to happen if it's in God's plan.

Those are good movies too, thanks!

The volunteers are great!

No the funds are not set. They are set for this production only. They will accept donations the night of the play and are always accepting donations for this group.

That's great that Lacey and Hunter volunteer! I think the volunteer gets as much out of it as the people they are helping.

Grumpy and I volunteered at a homeless shelter. He helped with the food on the men's side. And I helped with the women and children, mentoring a woman for 18 months there. After reading Same Kind of Different as Me, I couldn't help but begin volunteering with the homeless. And that book opened up my eyes to stick with it until the person I was mentoring was back on her feet. Unfortunately that was around the time that JJ started his seizures, so I had to stop helping and we lost contact. She completed the program and is on her own. I would love to know where and see her and her son from time to time, but that's only going to happen if it's in God's plan.

Oh I wish that you'd hear from the person you were mentoring. Even if it was just to tell you how she is doing. But, like you said, if it's God's plan, it'll happen.

MAX!!!! How great!!! Once he watches the movies and gets the hang of "being a dog" he will have the perfect facial expressions - alot like Max in the movie. He's a star!!! Please be sure to take lots pics for us!! Maybe this will help ease his fear of dogs.

You have convinced me through your descriptions and pictures to stay at POP. I was very hesitate to even really look at booking there - because we don't have kids and thought it was more geared to kids, etc. But I love the way it looks and all the bright colors. We love kids so having them all around us is not an issue - plus - at WDW we are all kids anyway!! I plan on heading over to check out POP in person when we are there in March. DH mentioned last night he is ready to go back - could see his eyes sparkle in excitement.

Oh I wish that you'd hear from the person you were mentoring. Even if it was just to tell you how she is doing. But, like you said, if it's God's plan, it'll happen.

Yep.

MAX!!!! How great!!! Once he watches the movies and gets the hang of "being a dog" he will have the perfect facial expressions - alot like Max in the movie. He's a star!!! Please be sure to take lots pics for us!! Maybe this will help ease his fear of dogs.

You have convinced me through your descriptions and pictures to stay at POP. I was very hesitate to even really look at booking there - because we don't have kids and thought it was more geared to kids, etc. But I love the way it looks and all the bright colors. We love kids so having them all around us is not an issue - plus - at WDW we are all kids anyway!! I plan on heading over to check out POP in person when we are there in March. DH mentioned last night he is ready to go back - could see his eyes sparkle in excitement.

Thanks!

The walls at Pop do seem thinner than at the deluxe resorts. We had no issues with noises in building 3.

Hurray for the sparkle in his eyes!

Anakin a.k.a. JJ had cluster seizures last night and he is resting. While I keep an eye on him and let him rest, I am downloading pics and expect to crank out lots of updates.

Don't leave home without an ADR or a solid lunch plan, a refurbishment detour​

We ate lunch for breakfast late. Anakin did his school work. Grumpy was at school. We decided to head to Disney with no plan, but a hungry belly. I guess you can call our meal lupper, as it was a late lunch/early supper.

We were heading to the MK to pick up our MNSSHP for Sept 30th. At the TTC we decided on lupper at the Grand Floridian Cafe. That place is rarely crowded and often takes walk ins. We figured as a back up plan we'd go to their "food court".

We arrived off the monorail and the lobby was filled with a lovely melody from the baby grand.

We arrived at the podium to an empty restaurant. They had just opened for dinner. I asked if they were taking walk ins and they said no. So we headed outside to walk around to the "food court".

I have not been following and refurbishment posts or threads and I was shocked at all the construction walls at the GF!! Even the "food court" was closed for refurbishment!!

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

Headed back into the lobby to hop the monorail to the MK. This time the orchestra was playing!

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

Arriving at the MK, Anakin was soooooo hungry he was starting to cry. The closest place to get food was the Main St. Bakery. I got us all turkey sandwiches. Actually this is a slice of a very full turkey sandwich. Highly over priced. A container of mixed fruit and a container of grapes. For dessert the guys shared an icecream sandwich on chocolate chip cookies and I had a seasonal cupcake.

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

While we were in there the Move it, shake it, celebrate it! came by. Afterwards, the place got packed!

We rode one attraction, the TTA/people mover.

DSC_0332.jpg

It was almost parade time and we decided since we were going to MNSSHP we would watch the parade and figure out how to take night time parade pics with the new camera.

Anakin got the 2nd last spot in the handicap section. Another little boy got the last. They quickly became friends. The other little boy, his name is Max, has a heart condition. His parents decided to take him on vacation before he had his upcoming surgery. The mom was a Nikon user and she helped me out with my camera. The cm said we could use flash as long as it wasn't a continuous stream of light.

While figuring out what settings to use, I took these. Most of the pics before this, you couldn't see the numbers on the face of the clock, just a white blob of light there.

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

Continued...

I am so far behind, so forgive me as I play catch up....

Your stay at Pop -

How odd to get to your room to find someone in it doing maintenance. You would think they could take care of that before guests arrive...or at least not place a guest in the room when it is underway.

The LM section just across the way is a pretty cool site. I wondered last week when we were there if it would be closer to walk to Pop than to the main building...

I love that the values now have fridges in the rooms!

I too LOVE the new mickey headed toiletries. I think it is funny though that at the value it is a combo shampoo/conditioner... while mods have a separate shampoo and conditioner.

MNSSHP -

I missed most characters that night. One that I really had wanted to see was Dr. Facillier... but since we had seen him on the race route I figured I was good. Too bad those photos seem to not have shown up on brightroom. :(

Exploring Little Mermaid section -
DSC_0122.jpg

You can almost see our room from this pic. Looking at Triton... to the right, top floor..not the corner room but the next (I think - we were only there for 15 hours)

Your day meeting Tink and Periwinkle -

I am so glad Anakin was able to go easy. It is very hard to know when to push and when not. While, my dd does not have epilepsy..as you know she struggles with other medical issues...and we had our share on this trip. One minute she can be fine and all seems "normal" and the next I can be carrying her out of a line because sudden spasms cause her to be in too much pain to even move. :sad2:

I am jealous you made it to CHH. I didn't :sad2: And... isn't it funny how some things were served in the halloween cups? I would think water always would not... but I think we had more water cups that were the Halloween version.

Captain's Grille -

I have never really had many opportunity to have eggs benedict. We went to 1900 PF and it was simply amazing. If the kind at Captain's Grille was like that?! I can see why you would be a bit disappointed if it was taken off the menu!

Anakin's Acting Class -

Sounds like a great class. How fun for him to learn about the meaning of colors!!

Pictures of the YC/BC area -

I think this area is so pretty! I love your pictures!!!

The with purchase bag -

I know you showed me that one, but I didn't catch where it was from. OMG!!! I want that bag...even if the jewels fall off. Oh well.. there are always bags I want.

Anakin last night -

I am so sorry to hear he had a bad night. :hug:

Grand Floridian -

I am sorry you didn't get in as a walk up for lupper. It is crazy how much is shut down there for the refurb!

Missed you! Hope things are going well at school and with your health?

Things are going very well at school, that is why I am not on here as much. Finally keeping busy!!! My health is doing much better, thank you for asking. The surgery in Atlanta has helped tremendously, I am very thankful and hope it lasts me many years. :goodvibes

Oh that's really cool! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more about it!

Definitely. ::yes:: My first volunteering love was special needs children, loved helping with Special Olympics and therapeutic horseback riding. That is what I did before I started volunteering at the children's hospital. Volunteering is a fun thing to do.

Anakin a.k.a. JJ had cluster seizures last night and he is resting. While I keep an eye on him and let him rest, I am downloading pics and expect to crank out lots of updates.

Praying for Anakin, hope he is feeling better today. :hug:

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Praying.

He slept til 12:30 today. He said his legs felt funny when he first got up, now they feel normal. He laid on the couch for a couple hours and watched a movie. Since around 3 he is back to his normal, very active self! Appreciate the prayers.

I am so far behind, so forgive me as I play catch up....

Your stay at Pop -

How odd to get to your room to find someone in it doing maintenance. You would think they could take care of that before guests arrive...or at least not place a guest in the room when it is underway.

The LM section just across the way is a pretty cool site. I wondered last week when we were there if it would be closer to walk to Pop than to the main building...

I love that the values now have fridges in the rooms!

I too LOVE the new mickey headed toiletries. I think it is funny though that at the value it is a combo shampoo/conditioner... while mods have a separate shampoo and conditioner.

MNSSHP -

I missed most characters that night. One that I really had wanted to see was Dr. Facillier... but since we had seen him on the race route I figured I was good. Too bad those photos seem to not have shown up on brightroom. :(

Exploring Little Mermaid section -
DSC_0122.jpg

You can almost see our room from this pic. Looking at Triton... to the right, top floor..not the corner room but the next (I think - we were only there for 15 hours)

Your day meeting Tink and Periwinkle -

I am so glad Anakin was able to go easy. It is very hard to know when to push and when not. While, my dd does not have epilepsy..as you know she struggles with other medical issues...and we had our share on this trip. One minute she can be fine and all seems "normal" and the next I can be carrying her out of a line because sudden spasms cause her to be in too much pain to even move. :sad2:

I am jealous you made it to CHH. I didn't :sad2: And... isn't it funny how some things were served in the halloween cups? I would think water always would not... but I think we had more water cups that were the Halloween version.

Captain's Grille -

I have never really had many opportunity to have eggs benedict. We went to 1900 PF and it was simply amazing. If the kind at Captain's Grille was like that?! I can see why you would be a bit disappointed if it was taken off the menu!

Anakin's Acting Class -

Sounds like a great class. How fun for him to learn about the meaning of colors!!

Pictures of the YC/BC area -

I think this area is so pretty! I love your pictures!!!

The with purchase bag -

I know you showed me that one, but I didn't catch where it was from. OMG!!! I want that bag...even if the jewels fall off. Oh well.. there are always bags I want.

Anakin last night -

I am so sorry to hear he had a bad night. :hug:

Grand Floridian -

I am sorry you didn't get in as a walk up for lupper. It is crazy how much is shut down there for the refurb!

We saw THE bag at MK now too.

That's great you got to see almost all the characters! We missed so much, but had an excellent time with what we did do.

You were at a nice location! Ursula's rooms were practically next door to Pop.

1900PF is so expensive, at least double the price of Captain's Grille. I'll just have to make my own, I guess.

I can't imagine paying all that money for GF to be faced with all that construction. I know it will be beautiful once it is completed!

Things are going very well at school, that is why I am not on here as much. Finally keeping busy!!! My health is doing much better, thank you for asking. The surgery in Atlanta has helped tremendously, I am very thankful and hope it lasts me many years. :goodvibes

Oh that's really cool! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more about it!

Definitely. ::yes:: My first volunteering love was special needs children, loved helping with Special Olympics and therapeutic horseback riding. That is what I did before I started volunteering at the children's hospital. Volunteering is a fun thing to do.

Praying for Anakin, hope he is feeling better today. :hug:

Thanks! Appreciate the prayers. He is feeling back to normal now.

Glad your surgery was a success!!

That's great that you volunteer! You are touching lives!

I am so sorry to hear about JJ's night. I hope you managed to get some rest yourself.

Too bad about the meal at the Grand Floridian. It's hard when kids are hungry. I miss our People Mover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter