Disney discounted room only offer on UK-Expedia; ended 31 March.

I was playing around this morning (I have to stop doing that!) and found that for our Oct trip, we could have done a family suite at AoA for 7 nights for less than $1400...a pretty good deal. We have already rented points for BLT but thought it might help someone out...especially those families of 5 that are always looking for a cheaper option.

Also, does anyone have any idea why if my Expedia UK total as 62.9 Euro (which equals about $85 according to the online converter), my total credit card charge was $103? It's not a big deal, I am just curious so that in the future, I know how much I will be charged beforehand. My credit card does not charge a foreign transaction fee.

Sorry but looks like you've been converting Euro's €62.90 into dollars and not the British Pound, sterling £62.90.

The UK is part of the European Community but opted out of using the Euro just like Denmark, so the UK Expedia site should be quoting in £'s sterling.

£62.90 = $103.28
€62.90 = $85.11

Well that does make sense doesn't it??? I even asked my DH yesterday if it was Euros and he acted like I was dumb for even asking!! Thanks guys!

So I must amend my previous post about AoA. It would be a bit more than $200 but at $1600 for 7 nights, still quite a bit cheaper than through WDW.

I just booked us at Wilderness Lodge October 23rd through October 26th for $684 US through the UK site. I used paypal. It would have been $1,181 had I booked through the US site.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I decided to check for my dates in May-June 2014 and noticed that the difference for me is too little to want to cancel my reservations and redo it with Expedia UK (May 30-June 6; Coronado springs 622.31 pounds - $1021.83 with Expedia UK. My reservation through WDW site is $1187 and I don't have to worry about losing any money if I cancel).

I noticed that most of the dates for people in this thread are in October-November, so I assume these discounted rates are for only those months. Right?
The US discounts for those dates are not out yet. Aren't those months (Sept through December - at least for this year) mostly free dining dates for US. So, you will probably get similar discounts for those dates later anyway. However, I might be completely wrong.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I decided to check for my dates in May-June 2014 and noticed that the difference for me is too little to want to cancel my reservations and redo it with Expedia UK (May 30-June 6; Coronado springs 622.31 pounds - $1021.83 with Expedia UK. My reservation through WDW site is $1187 and I don't have to worry about losing any money if I cancel).

I noticed that most of the dates for people in this thread are in October-November, so I assume these discounted rates are for only those months. Right?
The US discounts for those dates are not out yet. Aren't those months (Sept through December - at least for this year) mostly free dining dates for US. So, you will probably get similar discounts for those dates later anyway. However, I might be completely wrong.

The UK sale has been on offer for a few weeks so many of the lowest priced rooms have been taken for the earlier dates in 2014.

But if you search there's still some dates/room types where there's a reasonable saving and here's an example for just two nights checking in 1st April.

Coronado Springs in a Water View room.
Walt Disney --- $587.26 non-discounted room rate.
Expedia.com -- $440.46
Expedia.co.uk - £186.62 - approx $310.
Potential savings of $130+

Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Savannah View with Bunk Beds.
Walt Disney --- $1,219.50 non-discounted room rate.
Expedia.com -- $975.58
Expedia.co.uk - £366.72 - approx $620.
Potential savings of $350+

I checked dates the first week of March for Pop and it was actually higher than what I have already found so its obviously not a deal for all dates

The UK sale has been on offer for a few weeks so many of the lowest priced rooms have been taken for the earlier dates in 2014.

But if you search there's still some dates/room types where there's a reasonable saving and here's an example for just two nights checking in 1st April.

Coronado Springs in a Water View room.
Walt Disney --- $587.26 non-discounted room rate.
Expedia.com -- $440.46
Expedia.co.uk - £186.62 - approx $310.
Potential savings of $130+

Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Savannah View with Bunk Beds.
Walt Disney --- $1,219.50 non-discounted room rate.
Expedia.com -- $975.58
Expedia.co.uk - £366.72 - approx $620.
Potential savings of $350+

Thanks for this info. So it depends on the dates. The month of April wouldn't work for us because of kid's school schedule. The rate we are getting for Coronado springs for June is $150/night (includes the 25% discount they are giving now), so your rate of $310 for 2 nights for a water view in April is the same as ours for standard room. I didn't compare my prices with Expedia.com, just WDW official site.

I checked dates the first week of March for Pop and it was actually higher than what I have already found so its obviously not a deal for all dates

Just compared prices for 7-nights checking in 1st March at the POP in a preferred room.

US Expedia is quoting $1,040.64 while UK Expedia's quoting £490.98, (approx. $820), so potentially a $220 saving when booking on the UK site.

Which web-site did you find a lower price on?

I was checking Orbitz and Cheaptickets with their 20% off. I didn't find good rates when I checked Expedia UK though

I am getting 427 pounds which equals $700.89 for a standard room at Pop for 5 nights March 1-6. this is for 3 adults because my daughter is 20

I was checking Orbitz and Cheaptickets with their 20% off. I didn't find good rates when I checked Expedia UK though

I am getting 427 pounds which equals $700.89 for a standard room at Pop for 5 nights March 1-6. this is for 3 adults because my daughter is 20

Hi DianeV and many thanks for posting as you've highlighted one of the negative's when booking on the UK web site when compared to the US-Expedia site.

For many room types (but not all) there's a supplement for a 3rd and 4th adult and the room at the POP is one of those whereas a studio at OKW will be the same price for two, three or four adults.

Here's an example for your 5-nights at the POP.

UK-Expedia
2-adults: £393.15, approx $650
3-adults: £427.30, approx $701
4-adults: £461.40, approx $760
2-adults+2-children: £393.15, approx $650

US-Exedia
2-adults: $821.27
3-adults: $821.27
4-adults: $821.27

Thanks for the info on Orbitz and Cheaptickets I will check out their prices later today.

Hi DianeV and many thanks for posting as you've highlighted one of the negative's when booking on the UK web site when compared to the US site. For many room types (but not all) there's a supplement for a 3rd and 4th adult and the room at the POP is one of those whereas a studio at OKW will be the same price for two, three or four adults. Here's an example for your 5-nights at the POP. UK-Expedia 2-adults: £393.15, approx $650 3-adults: £427.30, approx $701 4-adults: £461.40, approx $760 2-adults+2-children: £393.15, approx $650 US-Exedia 2-adults: $821.27 3-adults: $821.27 4-adults: Thanks for the info on Orbitz and Cheaptickets I will check out their prices later today.
WDW charges for more than 2 adults in the standard rooms at Pop as well...really in all rooms except suites/villas. And lord have mercy, please don't start a discussion about breaking Disney rules (ie, lying about ages) because it will quickly get ugly!

WDW charges for more than 2 adults in the standard rooms at Pop as well...really in all rooms except suites/villas. And lord have mercy, please don't start a discussion about breaking Disney rules (ie, lying about ages) because it will quickly get ugly!

Oh, didn't realise that, thought it was only a UK-problem, seems strange that with US-Expedia you don't need to pay more for 4-adults in a Disney room but when booking directly with Disney you do.

And thanks for the advice.....

I looked to see if all places were discounted via the UK site, and found for a spring break beach trip to the beach in FL, the prices were converting tot he same as the US prices. Must be a disney offered discount.

I wanted to check if Disney cruises would be discounted, however I can not see where cruises are listed as an option on the UK site.

So excited to read this thread. I don't have a trip planned to wdw, but next trip to wdw will be with my sister who is from the UK, so we can do this for sure!
next stop dlp may 2014
Followed by DL Feb 2015

Those of you who booked - did you get an e-mail confirmation right away? I booked this morning and have not gotten a confirmation e-mail. I didn't think to write down the Expedia confirmation number since they said they would send an e-mail. It is pending on my credit card. I'm wondering if I mistyped my e-mail address or if it normally takes a while to get the e-mail.

Thanks very much!

I just wanted to update to say that I did get my e-mail confirmation. My e-mail address was mistyped (.om instead of .com - old keyboard :headache:). We booked a garden view at Yacht Club for June 13-18. The price with the spring discount was $1914 (only three of our nights qualified for the discount). The price through Expedia.co.uk was $1480 - a savings of over $400 compared to the current offer! One small glitch - the room request says we want a king room (I did not request that), but there are four of us. I e-mailed Expedia, but I am not too worried - Disney will not put four of us in a king room, and there are very few king rooms anyway.

My confirmation from Expedia has my Disney reservation number, and I have linked to MDE. Cancellation is the same as through Disney - five days before arrival.

I paid with a Capital One card that has no foreign transaction fees. I opted to pay in dollars instead of pounds because I thought it might negate any currency fluctuations if I have to cancel (not sure it will work, but I hope so). The rate in dollars was a bit higher than the conversion rate I found online - I expect there is a currency exchange fee built in, or they don't offer rates that are quite the same.

I did notice some strange rates, which must depend on the availability of the discount. CSR for our dates was just a few pounds more than a value, while POFQ was a few hundred pounds more. :confused3 A one bedroom at BCV was a great price - even less than a studio at BCV through the same website. I tried booking June 14-19 instead of June 13-18 and couldn't find availability for a garden view room at Yacht Club, but I could at Beach Club. If you are checking the website, look carefully at all availability and be flexible if possible - you might be able to upgrade rooms for less money!

Thanks, OP!

So excited to read this thread. I don't have a trip planned to wdw, but next trip to wdw will be with my sister who is from the UK, so we can do this for sure!
next stop dlp may 2014
Followed by DL Feb 2015

The earlier you can start planning the WDW trip the better as in the past the British Walt Disney Travel Company's released specials deals like free dining, discounted rooms and a free $200 gift card for some bookings.

Hopefully the free dining for most dates in 2015 will be on offer again and possibly sometime after April this year.

And as long as your sister has a UK address then she can make the booking for the both of you. It's usually a £50 (approx $85) deposit per person with the balance due 8-weeks before departure.

http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp

And spring-time in Paris, how wonderful, enjoy.......

I did notice some strange rates, which must depend on the availability of the discount. CSR for our dates was just a few pounds more than a value, while POFQ was a few hundred pounds more. :confused3 A one bedroom at BCV was a great price - even less than a studio at BCV through the same website. I tried booking June 14-19 instead of June 13-18 and couldn't find availability for a garden view room at Yacht Club, but I could at Beach Club. If you are checking the website, look carefully at all availability and be flexible if possible - you might be able to upgrade rooms for less money!

Thanks, OP!

Happy that you've made some savings for your Yacht Club vacation and yes there are some strange rates especially when a one bed at the Beach Club Villas is cheaper than a studio.

Another good saving at the Yacht Club is in a water or pool view room for 2 adults and up to 3 children checking in for 7-nights on Wednesday 26th November, so perfect for Thanksgiving.

On US-Expedia the price is $4,213.16, while on the UK-Expedia site it looks to be only £1,200.15, approx $1,999.

So a potential $2,000+ saving but is this resort room ever discounted on the Disney web site over Thanksgiving?

The same nightly room rate of £171.45 ($285) is showing from 1st October through to 7th December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter