Disney discounted room only offer on UK-Expedia; ended 31 March.

I phoned Expedia.co.uk and enquired about the problem that lurkernj had in thread #9 and was told that it would not have been Expedia stopping the purchase but was more than likely the credit card company as it was an out of country purchase.

So to help ensure a smooth transaction you would need to ring your credit card customer support and state that you'll be making a one-off out of country purchase to Expedia and quote the approximate value in British Pounds and US dollars.

I've checked the UK web site again this morning and the lowest prices for some of the dates that I previously checked have gone up, but I suppose that has to be expected.

Anyway there's still some dates with reasonable savings when compared to the US Expedia web site and here's one example of a 4-night stay over Thanksgiving checking in on Wednesday 26th November in the lowest category room at the following resorts.

.............Expedia.co.uk...............Expedia.com
Sports....£225, approximately $375 -------- $595.14
Music......£225, approximately $375 -------- $595.14
Pop..........£261, approximately $435 -------- $642.39
Movies...£287, approximately $480 -------- $595.14
AofA......£306, approximately $510 -------- $685.14
CB...........£322, approximately $535 -------- $941.63
CS..........£322, approximately $535 -------- $958.52
AKL.......£462, approximately $770 -------- $1,758.39
POFQ....£513, approximately $855 -------- $941.63
POR.......£513, approximately $855 -------- $941.63
OKW....£523, approximately $870 -------- $1,758.39
SRS......£523, approximately $870 -------- $1,758.39
WL.........£541, approximately $900 -------- $1,777.50
YC..........£571, approximately $950 -------- $2,061.00
BC..........£571, approximately $950 -------- $2,061.00
PR..........£833, approximately $1,380------- $2,417.63
GF.........£952, approximately $1,580------- No price.

Also at Disney's Beach Club Villas in a 1 Bedroom Villa which is listed at £965 approximately $1,610, sorry I don't have the US Expedia price but am I right in thinking that the UK price is around the equivalent price to renting DVC BC points for those Thanksgiving dates, if so that could be interesting :scratchin?

But please bear in mind the potential cost if you need to cancel a reservation made on a UK web-site, see thread #18.

And if you do find some dates with big savings then please post them and all the very best for a great weekend.

Just an update. I tried it again and it went through. I got 3 nights pool/water view room at yacht club oct 2-5 for $879:cool1:. The same room on disney site was $1823 (not discounted as there aren't any yet). We are going for tower of terror race and this hotel sells out early for those dates so I'm thrilled to get it at this rate. I used a card with no foreign transaction fees. Now I just have to figure out how to link it to the disney site. Thanks op!

Just an update. I tried it again and it went through. I got 3 nights pool/water view room at yacht club oct 2-5 for $879:cool1:. The same room on disney site was $1823 (not discounted as there aren't any yet). We are going for tower of terror race and this hotel sells out early for those dates so I'm thrilled to get it at this rate. I used a card with no foreign transaction fees. Now I just have to figure out how to link it to the disney site. Thanks op![/QUOTE

Nice!! We have one night booked in early March at Pop and could save $45 via Expedia UK. I would like to know if you get it linked to the WDW site please. And what about ME? I would assume you can book it right?

I just booked Yacht Club for June and saved over Disney's current promotion (plus I saved for all nights - two of my nights were not included in the current promotion). I did call Capital One to alert them of the purchase and to confirm that there are no foreign transaction fees. They stayed on the line with me to make sure the purchase went through okay.

I will wait a couple of days and will e-mail Expedia to get my Disney reservation number. If it all works out fine, I will cancel my existing Disney reservation.

I went ahead and booked as well, $85 for a night at Pop compared to $130, which was with the AP discount! I went ahead and emailed Expedia to ask for reservation number. Will see what happens.

what?!?! so it is doable??? post back and let us know if you can link it...this is kind of cool.....:cool1: about the cancel thing....it would refund in pounds, right? so less of a refund if you had to cancel?

what?!?! so it is doable??? post back and let us know if you can link it...this is kind of cool.....:cool1: about the cancel thing....it would refund in pounds, right? so less of a refund if you had to cancel?

Yes, but check out thread #18 above.

You would be out any foreign transaction fees; potentially 3% each way, plus any change in the conversion rate.

I'm not sure what I did wrong but on the conversion site, it looked like our room at pop should be $85 but my credit card charge was $103. Still a bit cheaper than via WDW but not sure it was worth the trouble to figure out how to link the ressie and all that stuff.

Those of you who booked - did you get an e-mail confirmation right away? I booked this morning and have not gotten a confirmation e-mail. I didn't think to write down the Expedia confirmation number since they said they would send an e-mail. It is pending on my credit card. I'm wondering if I mistyped my e-mail address or if it normally takes a while to get the e-mail.

Thanks very much!

Those of you who booked - did you get an e-mail confirmation right away? I booked this morning and have not gotten a confirmation e-mail. I didn't think to write down the Expedia confirmation number since they said they would send an e-mail. It is pending on my credit card. I'm wondering if I mistyped my e-mail address or if it normally takes a while to get the e-mail. Thanks very much!

Yes I did get one right away. My charge is also still pending though. I went back to the Expedia site and click on "my itineraries" and it came up right away, with the confirmation number so maybe try that. Note: this is not your Disney reservation number....I am still waiting for that.

Yes I did get one right away. My charge is also still pending though. I went back to the Expedia site and click on "my itineraries" and it came up right away, with the confirmation number so maybe try that. Note: this is not your Disney reservation number....I am still waiting for that.

Thanks! I tried to retrieve my itinerary with my e-mail address, but it didn't have one associated with the e-mail address. I will send them an e-mail and see if they can find it.

Just an FYI, I went to the Expedia UK page this morning and put in my itinerary number and email address. When it brought up my reservation, it had the WDW confirmation number. I put it in the WDW site and was able to easily link the resort reservation and customize my magic bands.

Hi and good to read it work's and savings have been made.

I'm not sure when the UK offer end's and clearly there's less of the lower priced rooms on offer this morning, but there still seems to be some reasonable savings especially for later in the year.

Also for those looking for a larger room over Thanksgiving then this might be worth looking into as I've found a few rooms which are comparable or cheaper to renting DVC points, there could well be more and if you find any then please post and let me know if you see a mistake in my thinking below.

3-nights checking in on Wednesday 26th November 2014 over Thanksgiving.

You'll need to rent 116 DVC points for a 1-Bedroom Villa at Beach Club Villas.
Expedia.co.uk price, £723.84, approximately $1,215
So booking with Expedia.co.uk is similar to renting at $10.50 per point.

128 DVC points for a 2-Bedroom Villa at Old Key West Resort
Expedia.co.uk price, £743.01, approximately $1,245
So similar to renting at $9.75 per point.

136 DVC points for a 2-Bedroom Villa at Saratoga Springs Resort
Expedia.co.uk price, £743.01, approximately $1,250
So similar to renting at $9.20 per point.

104 DVC points for a 1-Bedroom Villa at Saratoga Springs Resort
Expedia.co.uk price, £531.72, approximately $900
So similar to renting at $8.70 per point.

And here's an example of a 3-night stay over Halloween checking in Thursday 30th October 2014.

131 DVC points for a Three-Bedroom Treehouse Villa at Saratoga Springs Resort
Expedia.co.uk price, £858.57, approximately $1,440
So similar to renting at $11.00 per point.

Expedia prices taken at 7am EST.
Also, there's possibly a better cancellation policy with Expedia when compared to renting DVC points.

Enjoy the Playoffs......

This is a very interesting thread. I plan on looking to see how prices compare with other US travel. Like someone said- wonder what Aulani or Disneyland is priced at?

I was playing around this morning (I have to stop doing that!) and found that for our Oct trip, we could have done a family suite at AoA for 7 nights for less than $1400...a pretty good deal. We have already rented points for BLT but thought it might help someone out...especially those families of 5 that are always looking for a cheaper option.

Also, does anyone have any idea why if my Expedia UK total as 62.9 Euro (which equals about $85 according to the online converter), my total credit card charge was $103? It's not a big deal, I am just curious so that in the future, I know how much I will be charged beforehand. My credit card does not charge a foreign transaction fee.

This is a very interesting thread. I plan on looking to see how prices compare with other US travel. Like someone said- wonder what Aulani or Disneyland is priced at?

I found some very good deals for both Las Vegas and New York City when playing around this morning. Didn't look at HI or CA though.

Also, does anyone have any idea why if my Expedia UK total as 62.9 Euro (which equals about $85 according to the online converter), my total credit card charge was $103? It's not a big deal, I am just curious so that in the future, I know how much I will be charged beforehand. My credit card does not charge a foreign transaction fee.

It's priced in Pounds, not Euros. 62.9 pounds converts to $103.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter