Disney discounted room only offer on UK-Expedia; ended 31 March.

Samaya

DIS Veteran
1st April 2015
Expedia's rates increased so 2015's offer has now ended, hopefully there will be a similar offer in December 2015 for 2016, so bye till then.

UPDATED 30th March 2015
If you're looking for a short club level stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge then what about these two options.
2-nights Memorial weekend for 2-adults and 2-children.
Check-in: Friday 22th May - Check-out: Sunday 24th May
Standard Room Club Level at £448.84, $665.
Disney's rack rate $1,384 therefore saving $719 which is a 52% reduction.

Or over Thanksgiving and check-in either Tuesday or Wednesday for a 3-night stay in a standard room at club level for £601.17, $891.
Disney's rack rate $2,088 therefore saving $1,197 which is a 57% reduction.

But you'll need to be quick as this offer possibly ends 31st March.

Figures approximate and can vary due to currency fluctuation.

UPDATED 28th March 2015
If you're looking for a 3-night Columbus weekend stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a standard Club room you can still save over 55% off Disney's rack rate, but need to be quick as this offer could end within the next few days.
2-adults and 2-children.
Check-in: Friday 9th October - Check-out: Monday 12th October
Standard Room Club Level £587.82, approx $875.

Rack rate approx $2,040 therefore saving $1,165 which is 57%.
https://www.expedia.co.uk/HotelChec...-b06d-40d7-9b6d-c4e672d9dfea&rfrr=placeHolder

UPDATED 22nd March 2015
If you looking for a short break over Memorial weekend what about 3-nights at Disney's Beach Club Resort in a garden view room which is currently cheaper than a standard view.

Check-in: Friday 22nd May - Check-out: Monday 25th May - £552.27, approx $826.
Rack rate $1,677 therefore up to 50% off.
http://www.expedia.co.uk/Orlando-Ho...94568&c=bd6577cc-aa7d-4b98-83e9-58219abf2ee9&

UPDATED 21st March 2015.

Another example posted in #917 this time for 7-nights over 4th of July at either Disney's All-Star Music or All-Star Sport Resort in a standard room for up to 2 adults and 2 children.
Check-in: Sunday 28th June - Check-out: Sunday 5th July
$1,126.61 on US Disney.
£561.12 or $840 on UK Expedia so saving about $286 on Disney's current rate, which is 25%.
http://www.expedia.co.uk/Hotel-Sear...egionId=6034120&hotelName=disney's&sort=price

UPDATED 12th March 2015.
CalDisneyMomof2 posted in #886 a question on booking hotels in other parts of the world and found a saving of $300 for a 3-night booking in Cancun.

UPDATED 11th March 2015.
Here's another example posted in #885 , this time checking in Sunday 12th April for 6-nights check out Saturday 18th.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Standard View room.
$2,374 - Disney's rack rate
$1,662 - US Expedia - 30% discount on rack rate
$1,496 - Disney's Florida Resident Spring Offer and Annual Passholder Spring Offer - 37% discount on rack rate
$1,399 - (£926.46) - UK Expedia - 41% discount on rack rate.

Next example is for the same 6-nights and show's the UK Expedia offer is similar to the Florida Resident Spring Offer at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort in a Standard View Room

$771 - Disney's rack rate
$653 - US Expedia - 15% discount on rack rate
$578 - Disney's Florida Resident Spring Offer - 25% discount on rack rate.
$578 - (£383) - UK Expedia - 25% discount on rack rate.

Figures approx and rooms/resorts are limited, if you're flexible then hopefully you'll find a comparable or better discount to the Passholder and Florida Resident offers.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Hotel-Search#destination=Walt+Disney+World®+Resort&startDate=12/04/2015&endDate=18/04/2015&adults=2&children=1_6,1_8&regionId=6034120&hotelName=disney's&sort=price

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

UPDATED 20th December 2014: Disney's current UK room deal for 2015 started on 17th December and ends 31st March 2015, although a different deal than the one offered 12-months ago it has still resulted in Expedia.co.uk offering some reasonable savings on Disney's rack rate. There's fewer savings this year so you need to be flexible and keep comparing prices against other sites.

One example has a saving of up to 57% on rack rate for a 3-day trip over Columbus weekend at AKL in a standard club room, see post #698 and for those looking for an earlier date then there's similar savings for 3-nights over Presidents Weekend in a standard club room at AKL, see post #702.

Here's some more examples of savings in 2015, #731, #732, #741, #759, #760, Please note; the number of rooms allocated for this offer will be limited, therefore as rooms book up some of the earlier examples might be sold out.

Some of the best savings in 2014 were for short stays over weekends and/or holidays such as Thanksgiving as usually the same nightly rate was applied for all nights of a week.

I'm not sure if Expedia.co.uk will release more deals/offers soon so it's worth checking back every now and then, and if you have booked then check out Expedia's Best Price Guarantee at http://www.expedia.co.uk/daily/price-guarantee/default.aspx where they state..."Hotel Only Bookings: If you book and pay for a hotel room on Expedia.co.uk and later find a lower rate for your hotel room on our site or another site just let us know and we'll refund the difference to you. It's that easy"

Newbies to this thread please note: Expedia UK is for room only bookings and quoted in British Pounds Sterling £, don't get confused with the European currency of Euros € when converting to US Dollars

If you want to follow Disney's deals on their UK web site then go to....http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/deals/free-days-nights/021/ but please note, offers on this web site can only be booked from an address within Europe.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

If unsure about buying from Expedia.co.uk then check out the following which has quick links to the experience and advice from other DIS'ers.

A few follow-up posts with the Pro's and the Cons at #671,#764 and #762

For information on CC payment and those cards which charge or don't charge a foreign transaction fees, click on posts #3, #58 and #74.. If you have a Discover Card you'll need to select Diners Club, see #309. The Disney Visa card charges 3% on Foreign Transactions see Cards T&C's for info. Also check out Expedia's terms of use under 'BANK AND CREDIT CARD FEES' at http://www.expedia.co.uk/p/support/termsofuse.

Your credit card company will probably deny an international payment so you will need to call them first. Click on posts#16, #255 and #17.

Paying with a PayPal balance, click on #363.

Check T&C's for cancellation policy as some resorts might now charge a fee. Click on #18. and #101, #193.

You will receive an Expedia Itinerary number but you'll require a second 12 digit number beginning 4xxxxxxxxxxx so to access your reservation on My Disney Experience. Click on #125, #34 and #99.

After a few days a second number should automatically be added to your Expedia Itinerary, if not you will need to e-mail Expedia customer support. Click on #129, #86, #286, #287, #332, #325. And if all else fails check out #563.

A few posters have noticed that they've been allocated a king room instead of a twin. You can make your room choice on the booking page within 'Who's Travelling'. so after you've clicked on your Phone Number and USA Country Code, click on Bedding/Smoking Request which opens up a box to select either One King Bed or Two Double Beds. If it's incorrect on your invoice send an email to customer support who will sort it out. Click on #58 #94, #116 and #133.

You might pay a supplement for a 3rd or 4th adult in some room types. Click on #53.

And almost all weekend and holiday nights are priced at the same lower weekday rate. Click on #67.

Can US-residents book on UK-Expedia, yes and ProudMommyof2 found an interesting article from the NY Times. Click on #80.

Please be aware that you're booking on a British UK web site and if you've received a promo code make sure of any restrictions as it might be restricted to only United Kingdom residents, so please check the codes T&C's first. Might state 'The voucher code is an offer from Expedia.co.uk and may only be used by legal residents of the UK aged 18 and over

Examples of DIS'ers savings/upgrades made in 2014. Click on #306, #22 #44,#25,#58, #70, #74, #76 #94, #115, #248, #324, #351, #404, #414, #425, #460, #461,
#525, #526,

Examples of potential savings in 2014 and as the number of rooms allocated for this offer will be limited, some of the earlier examples might be sold out. Click on #266, #313, #131, #106, #104, #97, #91, #89,#83, #69, #62, #46, #36 and #21, #350, #419, #423, #435, #505, #524, #549,

How to book Disney's Magical Express, Click on #227.

The current discounted 2014 room rate promotion on the UK's Walt Disney Travel Company ends 3rd March so UK-Expedia's special rates will possibly also end on that same date. Click on WDTC/Special-Offers. and sorry but you'll need to have a European home address to make bookings on the UK Walt Disney site.

Biggest savings seems to be in October and November; please note, not all 2015 resort/rooms are discounted.

After checking the threads please also check Expedia's terms of use at http://www.expedia.co.uk/p/support/termsofuse and all T&C's.

And if you do book or just find a saving then please post those savings for others DIS'ers and best of luck in finding your Disney vacation.

Car Rental, sorry but there are restrictions. Under Merchant rules it states. INFORMATION FOR USA/CANADA CITIZENS
Rates are not valid for US or Canadian citizens or holders of a USA or Canada Licence. If you are USA/Canada citizen or USA/Canada driving licence holder, please book your car on USA/Canada website.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

UPDATED. Tuesday 25th seen prices increase across all WDW resorts on UK-Expedia, but there's still some reasonable savings of up to 50% on some rooms especially for later this year (see post #505 and #524) and if you find a good saving then please post.

UPDATED. 2nd March 2014. It might be the last day as offer could end 3rd March, so if you're looking for a room only booking then why not check out your dates and compare to past discounts. There's still good savings to be found over spring break, up to 37% off some budget rooms and 40% of deluxe, check out post #549 and good luck....

UPDATED 9th April 2014:Sorry but the offer for 2014 ended 3rd March, there's a few discounts for some room types ranging between 25-40% but only over the holidays such as Thanksgiving, see post #640.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
ORIGINAL POST January 2014
Hi from the UK,

We don't often visit and post on the US forums but thought the current WDW room-only savings on the British Expedia web site might be worth looking into for some American's.

Offer started 1st January so some room/types are already filled, varying discounts for most dates in 2014 but not available at all resorts, you'll need to be flexible and try different dates/resorts/room types, so here's two examples of potential savings.

A reservation at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort in a standard view room checking in for 10-nights from Oct/25/2014 to Nov/4/2014.

On www.expedia.com the total price with taxes is $1,170.00
On www.expedia.co.uk the total price with taxes is £405.45 which is approximately $665.00 so a saving of $500.00.

Looking at a deluxe resort rate for the same 10-days over Halloween.

Disney's Beach Club Resort in a standard view room checking in for 10-nights from Oct/25/2014 to Nov/4/2014.

On www.expedia.com the total price with taxes is $4,500.00
On www.expedia.co.uk the total price with taxes is £1,543.05 which is approximately $2,525.00, so almost a $2,000 saving.

Haven't check all the T&C's but hopefully someone might be able to find their Disney vacation at a lower price and with the option to cancel if/when a better US offer comes along as the UK web site also states free cancellation before the 20th October for the above vacation dates.

All the best from the UK

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's even possible to book on a UK site if you're living in the US but even if it is, most people would have to pay a foreign transaction fee on their credit card. It may not negate the savings but it could eat into it to a point where it is not worth it.

But this is certainly worth looking into. That BC rate in October is pretty appealing. Thanks for posting!

I'm not sure if it's even possible to book on a UK site if you're living in the US but even if it is, most people would have to pay a foreign transaction fee on their credit card. It may not negate the savings but it could eat into it to a point where it is not worth it.

But this is certainly worth looking into. That BC rate in October is pretty appealing. Thanks for posting!

There are a number of credit cards in the US which do not charge foreign transaction fees; good list here:

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/top-credit-cards/no-foreign-transaction-fee-credit-card/

Yes, you can usually book using foreign web sites. You would have to go to the UK Expedia site and read the booking conditions.

Even if you did have to pay a foreign transaction fee, it wouldn't hardly cut into savings like that. On a $1000 charge, the 3% fee would be $30.

Did anyone figure out if we US peeps can buy from the UK Expedia site? There are some great deals. We aren't planning a trip until 2015 (sadly) but I am definitely going to keep an eye on the deals that the UK gets.

Did anyone figure out if we US peeps can buy from the UK Expedia site? There are some great deals. We aren't planning a trip until 2015 (sadly) but I am definitely going to keep an eye on the deals that the UK gets.

Looks like maybe some of the rates have gone up from this morning. I don't have time to recheck all the examples given in the OP's post but for the resorts I priced, they are higher.

After obsessing over this all night, I decided to book Yacht club 3 nights in October, its less than half the US site. I went thru all the steps and when I got to the payment, it kept telling me there is a problem with my card. I tried two different ones that don't have foreign transaction fees and neither worked. I then checked the box that says to pay the US fee (which was inflated by $179 from the real-time conversion chart I was using) and that still didn't work. There is a phone number to call, but it's obviously in the UK and I'm not going to pursue this any further. So I'm giving up for now.

Anyone had any luck?

so it appears that if I live in the US, I can't book thru the UK site....:confused3 I guess it makes sense.....

It is well known that the price for International travelers are lower due to the travel costs being so much higher. This has been going on for a while now. I am pretty sure you can't purchase those packages with a US account. Most International trips are longer and thus spend more overall, even with a discount on the other components. It only makes sense. If they allowed anyone to purchase better deals in another country, why would the same company have 2 separate pricing structures.

And dare I mention, that is why the BT groups are so prevalent (this is not a dig on the tour groups). It's cheaper to vacation at Disney than in their own country. Throw in the conversion rate on the dollar and it's an easy decision on where to take the family.

US "locals" will just have to pay a little more since we can drive.:rolleyes1

Ah bummer, well at least we know now that this isn't an option for us "locals" ;)

Ah bummer, well at least we know now that this isn't an option for us "locals" ;)

Really sorry wendow, but can't see why it won't work. We (Brit's) can buy rooms from US web-sites and many do but usually we need to notify our credit card company that we're going to make an overseas purchase, especially if it's in a different currency and a large amount.

I wonder if this could this be a reason why lurkernj in thread #9 had a problem?

Found this info on MouseSavers, it regards US residents booking on Expedia.co.uk for Disneyland Paris...
http://www.mousesavers.com/other-di...nts-at-disneyland-resort-paris/#bookingfromus

Booking from the US and Canada

Be aware that Disneyland Resort Paris does not market itself to US or Canadian visitors and therefore does not make it terribly easy for Americans to book, find a good deal or arrange for any extras or deviations from standard packages. However, there are quite a few options for booking:

Best option: online through Expedia.co.uk, which usually offers any current package specials that are available in the UK. (UK offers are almost always much better than US specials: Ive had reports from people who saved over 50%.) Your purchase will be in UK pounds, so use a site such as xe.com to figure out the exchange rate.

Note that you may need to contact your credit card company prior to booking: for security purposes, some companies block international purchases unless you notify them in advance.

Found this info on MouseSavers, it regards US residents booking on Expedia.co.uk for Disneyland Paris...
http://www.mousesavers.com/other-di...nts-at-disneyland-resort-paris/#bookingfromus

Booking from the US and Canada

Be aware that Disneyland Resort Paris does not market itself to US or Canadian visitors and therefore does not make it terribly easy for Americans to book, find a good deal or arrange for any extras or deviations from standard packages. However, there are quite a few options for booking:

Best option: online through Expedia.co.uk, which usually offers any current package specials that are available in the UK. (UK offers are almost always much better than US specials: Ive had reports from people who saved over 50%.) Your purchase will be in UK pounds, so use a site such as xe.com to figure out the exchange rate.

Note that you may need to contact your credit card company prior to booking: for security purposes, some companies block international purchases unless you notify them in advance.

Oh good find! Like I said upthread, we aren't going until 2015 so I cannot book right now but I'll be checking the UK Expedia site when the time comes. I appreciate you posting it!

I don't know what is stopping you from booking in this particular case because I haven't tried it, but I do know many credit cards will deny international charges if they have other activity on your account showing you are clearly in the country - it's a big sign of fraud. This could be why your are getting the message that your credit card has been denied.

When I adopted my daughter from overseas, I had to buy a one-way ticket from China to the US for her to come home on, ahead of our travel. My credit card kept refusing the charge, because in that situation the charge was coming out of the airline's office in Hong Kong. (The funny part was that it was a United ticket booked directly through United and I was charging it to my United credit card.) Even after I asked for the charge to be unblocked, the bank would still block it the instant United tried to run it again. I finally got it through only by sitting on one phone with United, and another phone with the credit card fraud office, while the charge went through so the agent could unblock it as it happened.

Just me again, I posted above about trying it this morning and it not going through.

I got phone calls/emails from both credit cards regarding suspected fraud since the charge is generated out of the US. I told them both that it was me and they said I could try it now and it should work. So it does seem that I can book it, but I guess like PP said, let them know you'd be making the charge so it doesn't come up as potential fraud. I haven't tried it again but might later, I feel scared now:worried:

Just me again, I posted above about trying it this morning and it not going through.

I got phone calls/emails from both credit cards regarding suspected fraud since the charge is generated out of the US. I told them both that it was me and they said I could try it now and it should work. So it does seem that I can book it, but I guess like PP said, let them know you'd be making the charge so it doesn't come up as potential fraud. I haven't tried it again but might later, I feel scared now:worried:

If you do try it again also be aware of the following, especially if there's a strong possibility that you might need to cancel...

lost*in*cyberspace posted in thread #3 about using credit cards which don't charge foreign transaction fees otherwise there could be 3% fee to pay.

Consequently, if you cancel you will receive a refund in British Pounds £'s which will be converted into dollars at the exchange rate on that day, that rate might be more or less than when you purchased; also your refund will incur another 3% foreign transaction fee.

So please bear that in mind as you could be out of pocket by at least 6% if cancelling and when using a fee bearing credit card.

When I price out my trip on the British site, it's about 25% less than the current Disney discount. Has anyone had any luck booking from the U.S.A.? I imagine there will be problems getting credit cards to work, but there's a paypal option which might make things easier.

I haven't used this for Disney before, however I have booked international travel through British travel agents and saved tons. I have booked European trips before using a British travel agent instead of booking the same trip with an American agent and literally saved hundreds of dollars.

I would not be surprised if this worked well.

For bonus points, keep an eye on the exchange rate. If the GBP slides in value relative to the USD you can get these for even cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter