Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a text about 30 minutes ago for the BOG lunch I needed for 11/6.. I signed right on and it was already gone that fast! SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a text about 30 minutes ago for the BOG lunch I needed for 11/6.. I signed right on and it was already gone that fast! SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient and be on top of your phone! I'm from the US and was in London about to fly home and got a notification about a Tusker house ADR and jumped out of the security line to book. A few days ago I was having lunch at home and got a BOG notification but someone beat me to it!

What I want most is CRT, still hoping for that.

Be patient and be on top of your phone! I'm from the US and was in London about to fly home and got a notification about a Tusker house ADR and jumped out of the security line to book. A few days ago I was having lunch at home and got a BOG notification but someone beat me to it!

And five min after writing this, I got a CRT for 2! Still need five more, but it's a great start!

I was on top of my phone lol I got the text and logged right in a minute later! Couldn't believe it was gone that fast, but then again I can believe it! LOL

My guess is that for every person who gets notified there could be many many other people that scout is also notifying, if it just so happens you all are looking for the same meal during the same vacation time...You may be in a race amongst another or several scout users.

I'm in the same boat as many of you. Have been pleased with Scout but the last couple of notifications came this morning and as soon as I signed on and tried to get them, they were gone. Boo! But guess we are all trying!

I have both Buddy and Scout searching for the same ADRs. I just got three notifications from Buddy for available slots for BOG lunch on my desired day. I got nothing from Scout. Perhaps their scan window just happened to miss the availability. I grabbed one of them and now all three are no longer available.

For those of you who are still outside of the 45 day (or sooner) range, are you still getting hits? My trip isn't until November, so I'm wondering if it's possible to get much now. I'm seeking CRT, Akershus, Ohana...you know, the usual tough ones

I am 65 days before my trip, signed up for Scout about 2 weeks ago. I was only trying to get CRT for lunch on a Sunday, and Ohana for Dinner on Friday. So far I have received notifications and able to book noon on Sunday for CRT lunch, and 6 PM dinner on Friday for Ohana (so good times, not like 9 PM dinners). Both were within the first week, and every 2 or 3 days I have been receiving notifications for great times on both places. Definitely worth it, and didn't have to wait until after the fast pass reservations came live, for people to start dropping the reservations. Definitely worth it. Very impressed, went from doubting we would get a reservation to now, we have had multiple options to choose from for both Ohana and CRT for what we wanted, for what best suites us!

I signed up for a single free search with scout and have received zero emails so far. Guess I might have to cave and do the paid version.

I signed up for Scout over the weekend and within 24-48 hours, I received notifications for California Grill and BOG (in October). I am still waiting on several November reservations, though.

Thanks for the response. I did sign up for Scout and my trip is in November. So far, not a single hit. A bit discouraging, but it's still early.

Don't be discouraged! While people have some success outside of 60 days, everyone is going to be seeing more hits once 60 hits, then a ton at 45, a few at 30, and if you still don't have them by then, you'd be shocked at how many come the week of or the one or two days before. I had a notification set up on Buddy for one of the SWW dinners, and while I got one booked pretty much at 45 days for the exact time I wanted, I left the notification on to see how much more availability there would be. Buddy keeps an archive of past notifications, and it tells me I sat up the alert on 3/20 for a 6/15 5:30 PM dinner slot. I received 68 notifications on this alert, the first coming in on 3/29, and the last coming in at 1:19 PM on 6/5. In the last two weeks leading up to our trip, I received 28 notifications, 13 of which happened in the last 24 hours. So definitely don't lose hope! It's very, very early for you and many people will not have finalized plans yet.

FWIW, I go with WDW Tools simply because they let you set your window. The one downside to Buddy is that it searches for a pretty wide window, and if you want a 6:00 ADR, 4:00 just doesn't cut it. We had a lot of hits with Buddy that wouldn't have worked with us. With WDW Tools, I'm only getting hits for times that actually interest me.

FWIW, I go with WDW Tools simply because they let you set your window. The one downside to Buddy is that it searches for a pretty wide window, and if you want a 6:00 ADR, 4:00 just doesn't cut it. We had a lot of hits with Buddy that wouldn't have worked with us. With WDW Tools, I'm only getting hits for times that actually interest me.

The search seems really intuitive with WDW Tools. I do like that can say Breakfast instead of 8am for a wider range. Wish they had an Android app though. I think I may use the web version of WDW Tools and Scout for ours.

Don't be discouraged! While people have some success outside of 60 days, everyone is going to be seeing more hits once 60 hits, then a ton at 45, a few at 30, and if you still don't have them by then, you'd be shocked at how many come the week of or the one or two days before. I had a notification set up on Buddy for one of the SWW dinners, and while I got one booked pretty much at 45 days for the exact time I wanted, I left the notification on to see how much more availability there would be. Buddy keeps an archive of past notifications, and it tells me I sat up the alert on 3/20 for a 6/15 5:30 PM dinner slot. I received 68 notifications on this alert, the first coming in on 3/29, and the last coming in at 1:19 PM on 6/5. In the last two weeks leading up to our trip, I received 28 notifications, 13 of which happened in the last 24 hours. So definitely don't lose hope! It's very, very early for you and many people will not have finalized plans yet.

Thanks for sharing this information, jtowntoflorida. If you don't mind me asking, how much does WDW tools charge? Right now I am using Scout because it is much more affordable than Disney Dining Buddy. However, I wonder if the sites that charge more are more successful.

Thanks for sharing this information, jtowntoflorida. If you don't mind me asking, how much does WDW tools charge? Right now I am using Scout because it is much more affordable than Disney Dining Buddy. However, I wonder if the sites that charge more are more successful.

They charge $10/search. They didn't have the SWW meals, which is how I ended up using Buddy for those meals. I'd used WDW Tools on a prior trip to secure BOG on a party night, when it was all booked up when my 180 day window opened. I like both services and recommend both, but I'm willing to pay a 20%/$2 premium to have the narrower window option with WDW Tools. Some people might have more flexibility where the wider window works. For the notification I have set up right now (1900 Park Fare), we have a pretty narrow 90 minute window that will work for us, so I went with WDW Tools this time around.

For the notification I have set up right now (1900 Park Fare), we have a pretty narrow 90 minute window that will work for us, so I went with WDW Tools this time around.

For the narrow window Dining scout works well. I paid $6 and that includes 8 concurrent searches at a time. If I want to add more it's $1.99 for three more. I am doing a test search right now just to understand how it works and used three searches to check BOG for 8am, 8:30am, 9am. I am guessing I am probably going to end up spending $4 for an additional 6 searches but for $10 not a bad deal.

I signed up using the free version and I haven't gotten any responses. I was able to find ADR's by looking on Disney's web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter