Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm super happy with Disney Scout. I just scored a BOG Lunch for November and a later Sci-Fi diner for Nov. I've had quite a few notifications for restaurants and this is actually the third time a BOG lunch notification came. This time I was successful at grabbing it.

It had me enter my e-mail address, but if this is true it'd be kind of pointless. If the free version actually worked I'd be more inclined to plonk down money for the paid version.

They have you enter your email because if it finds one of your times and you don't have a subscription they send you and email at the end of the day that basically says hey, you missed an opportunity and if you had our paid subscription we would have emailed and texted you to let you know. It's their way of trying to convince you to pay for the $4 subscription. Which it worked on me, after two of those emails I signed up :) The paid subscription also checks far more often, my free subscription was checking every 2-3 hours and my paid subscription checks every 30 minutes if not more often.

This is our first time going with a Free dining plan and NOT been able to get reservations >100 days out. Floored us. In 2012 and 2013 we booked 4 mo out when free dining was offered and got picks for everything day one. So this time with nothing available we were floored. Almost to the point of saying we won't go. I paid $5.99 for 12 mo, 8 searches at a time and it's paid off. I've had it 1 week and yesterday I got BOG, Crystal Palace and Tusker House for a party of 6 November 18-24. I'm searching for Chef Mickeys and Fantasmic Dinner HW&V or MM (I won't use two table credits for HBD). I love that Scout does the work and tells me. It's well worth $6 IMO and will use it again if we run into this problem next visit.

And what amazes me is it hits any time day or night. I've had 3:30am hits, 10am hits and 3:45pm hits.

Scout is totally worth it. I got notifications every half hour all day long today for a reservation (didn't work for us exactly so that's why I didn't book it) so they definitely search really often.

Got the BOG notifications yesterday for both dinner and lunch.

I had paid the $8 for Disney Dining Buddy and while it works great too, Scout is cheaper and you get 8 searches!

For those of you who are still outside of the 45 day (or sooner) range, are you still getting hits? My trip isn't until November, so I'm wondering if it's possible to get much now. I'm seeking CRT, Akershus, Ohana...you know, the usual tough ones

I have both Scout and Buddy. I have double searches set up with Scout and only 2 with Buddy. I feel like I've gotten more notifications with Buddy (one of them I didn't see in time). Not sure what the difference is but they don't both notify me at the same time so if you really WANT something it may be worth it to try both services…

I have both Scout and Buddy. I have double searches set up with Scout and only 2 with Buddy. I feel like I've gotten more notifications with Buddy (one of them I didn't see in time). Not sure what the difference is but they don't both notify me at the same time so if you really WANT something it may be worth it to try both services…

I have the same search set up on both and they both notified me. Buddy was earlier the first time and Scout was earlier the 2nd time. But for $6 I got 8 searches from Scout. And it was $8 for 1 from Buddy so I very much prefer Scout.

For those of you who are still outside of the 45 day (or sooner) range, are you still getting hits? My trip isn't until November, so I'm wondering if it's possible to get much now. I'm seeking CRT, Akershus, Ohana...you know, the usual tough ones

My trip is in December. They just opened up BOG and H&V and I got notifications about both (the DIS had someone post about it as well, but I don't check the DIS all day long). I've also gotten notifications about most of my other searches.

I must be in the minority here. I paid 4 weeks ago to try and snag a 1900 park fare dinner for September and still nothing. Very discouraging.

Definitely! I'm going in November as well and I've gotten TONS of notifications from Scout. I actually got an Ohana notification last week. Granted it was for 9:20 PM which is a little later than I'd prefer but I grabbed it anyway.

Our trip is about 5 weeks away. Would any of these be worth getting or is it too late?

I wouldn't think so because people still cancel up until the day before. I'm sure that might throw a wrench into your plans but if you really want something it couldn't hurt. I mean what's $3.99 compared to what you already paid for the service.

I'm not sure how often Buddy searches since it doesn't show you but my scout searches every 30 minutes so depending on when they are both searching it's easy for one to notify you and not the other.

My trip is in November and I get one to two hits a week. I've been searching for BOG, Sci-Fi, Garden Grill, and Tusker House. I have had hits on all of them except Tusker House but I'm looking for an early breakfast in that one. I've actually gotten a couple hits for each of the other three. I've been able to successfully get BOG and Sci-Fi and I probably could have got the Garden Grill but it was at the same time I already have Garden Grill (I'm looking for an earlier time). So, I think the cost has been worth it especially since I work full time plus take a lot of work him to continue working after hours; so, I don't have time to sit around hitting search a billion times trying to get an ADR

My trip isn't until December and I got Le Cellier and BOG Lunch with Scout. In fact, I got probably about 8 BOG notifications with times around what I wanted. No luck with Ohana though.

My trip is in November and I get one to two hits a week. I've been searching for BOG, Sci-Fi, Garden Grill, and Tusker House. I have had hits on all of them except Tusker House but I'm looking for an early breakfast in that one. I've actually gotten a couple hits for each of the other three. I've been able to successfully get BOG and Sci-Fi and I probably could have got the Garden Grill but it was at the same time I already have Garden Grill (I'm looking for an earlier time). So, I think the cost has been worth it especially since I work full time plus take a lot of work him to continue working after hours; so, I don't have time to sit around hitting search a billion times trying to get an ADR

My trip isn't until December and I got Le Cellier and BOG Lunch with Scout. In fact, I got probably about 8 BOG notifications with times around what I wanted. No luck with Ohana though.

Thanks for the response. I did sign up for Scout and my trip is in November. So far, not a single hit. A bit discouraging, but it's still early.

I'm so glad you guys have reviewed these services already! My husband and I were devastated because we accidentally miscalculated our days and completely missed everything. He told me about Scout, but I work at a bank so I'm always skeptical of anyone who says "Sure! Pay me money and I'll get right on that." We are signing up right now!

I must be in the minority here. I paid 4 weeks ago to try and snag a 1900 park fare dinner for September and still nothing. Very discouraging.

When in September and how many in your party?

Scout definitely works... but it can only successfully notify you if people cancel. Maybe this is a restaurant where people are not changing their minds on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter