Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband signed up for Scout after a disaster of a miscalculation on our part as to when we should have booked. We missed EVERYTHING. By like, a month. We are taking my parents and six-year-old sister for the first time in December, and had promised them dinner at BOG and breakfast at Chef Mickey's, both of which were completely booked (of COURSE.):[
It was quite a wait, but I'm happy to say that as of last weekend, we have booked both, thanks to Scout! For a party of SIX! In DECEMBER! I know Disney purists say that websites like this clog up the airways and have an unfair advantage, but we had an EMERGENCY, people! And it WORKED! I'm a believer. lol

It doesn't seem to allow you to use it for the wishes dessert party. I have had it tell me a few times now that a reservation opened up - I immediately went on, and there wasn't :(

I signed up for Disney Dining Buddy for one reservation (the one I really wanted) and the also with Scout for 4 ADR (the one I really wanted and 3 others that I would have liked better times). After 3 weeks of hearing nothing from either site I final got notification from Disney Dining Buddy for the ADR I really wanted, I never heard anything from Scout. I was looking on the Disney website last night and found the perfect time for one of the other 3 ADR I had with Scout. Again I never got notification from Scout. I was searching again today and again found a better time for one of my other 3 and again Scout never notified me.

So the "Payment and Plans" section of Scouts terms of use says t:
  1. For semi-annual payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a semi-annual basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
  2. For annual payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a annual basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial years of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
And the "Termination of Accounts" says the following:
  1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
  2. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up year, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
Has anyone been able to find the cancellation link? I haven't used Scout, but I asked about it on another forum, and no one was able to find it.

1. For semi-annual payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a semi-annual basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
  2. For annual payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a annual basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial years of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
  1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
  2. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up year, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
Has anyone been able to find the cancellation link? I haven't used Scout, but I asked about it on another forum, and no one was able to find it.

Very good question. I can't find it either. Not cool....not cool at all!!!

Our granddaughter just decided to go to Disney the second week of December to see all the lights..She and her husband made their hotel reservations and their air ..and got all of their dining requests...even Ohana...My advice is to keep trying...they did not pay for any service ...they both work full time and only looked occasionally during the day and evening hours...

Well I've signed up for scout and Disney dining buddy. I have had 3 alerts from Dining Buddy and nothing from Scout. Of course I have had no luck actually booking because they are gone by the time I click the link..but I've not been impressed with Scout at all.

I have gotten O'hana dinner, Akershaus breakfast, Sci Fi lunch, Be Our Guest breakfast and Hollywood and Vine breakfast all from scout alerts. We are loving it!

We are at the world now and have gotten all the ADRs we wanted for the times we wanted. It is well worth the >$12 we spent on the searches.

It doesn't seem to allow you to use it for the wishes dessert party. I have had it tell me a few times now that a reservation opened up - I immediately went on, and there wasn't :(

Hi! Just wanted to share a little trick. I had a Wishes search with Scout too. Got notified, went to the site, and it wasn't there. :sad1: I decided to click the Wishes Dessert Party event and check it's page, and THERE IT WAS!!! So for Wishes, instead of checking the main Disney reservations page where it lists all the restaurants, try going to the specific Wishes Dessert Party page when you get the notification. Good luck!!!

I signed up for Disney Dining Buddy for one reservation (the one I really wanted) and the also with Scout for 4 ADR (the one I really wanted and 3 others that I would have liked better times). After 3 weeks of hearing nothing from either site I final got notification from Disney Dining Buddy for the ADR I really wanted, I never heard anything from Scout. I was looking on the Disney website last night and found the perfect time for one of the other 3 ADR I had with Scout. Again I never got notification from Scout. I was searching again today and again found a better time for one of my other 3 and again Scout never notified me.

I had a pretty similar experience. I put the same two requests into both Scout and Buddy (not having used either before). I've had multiple notifications from Scout (and got the reservations I wanted) and have still not heard a peep out of Buddy (despite going with the paid version of both). In future I will stick with Scout.

Last edited:

I can't find it either?

I contacted scout through the email address and got this response (this is copied and pasted; I did not change the wording).

"You know we totally missed adding the account cancellation link to the account profile page. We'll get that fixed up in the next few days."

That was on the 17th. Hopefully the fix it before anyone gets charged for the extra six months!

I contacted scout through the email address and got this response (this is copied and pasted; I did not change the wording).

"You know we totally missed adding the account cancellation link to the account profile page. We'll get that fixed up in the next few days."

That was on the 17th. Hopefully the fix it before anyone gets charged for the extra six months!

I hope so too!

Hmm there still isn't a cancellation link. Seems strange that you would charge people again unless they cancel their account but you forget the cancellation link.

Hmm there still isn't a cancellation link. Seems strange that you would charge people again unless they cancel their account but you forget the cancellation link.
This seems quite shady. I don't even see the account header they mention as being under the navigation bar. Does anyone else? I have time until my subscription is up, but still...

I heard about the Disney Dining Buddy going down... Disney Dining Scout is still up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter