disney digital scrapbook downloads?

cjnix29

DIS Veteran
anyone do digital scrapbooking where you can get free/cheap disney scrapbook downloads? I do not want to do a book through snapfish, etc. I use creative memory software that I love, but am looking for some Disney art. I've got some, but when you scrapbook a disney trip every year, it gets old real fast!! anyone have any suggestions?! Thanks!

You might want to try posting your question over on the Scrapbooking forum...someone there can probably help.

I second PP.

I'd also like to suggest an alternative that someone on that board suggested and that I ran with when I made my book from our Disney trip. Instead of using Disney digital clip art I used my photos of the areas we were in; i.e., a picture of our hotel or a picture of the Tony's from when we ate there, turned it black and white and used that as my background for my photos and skipped the clip art entirely. the effect is amazing. PM me if you'd like to see some of my pages. Someone else I know did something similar only they took their clip art and turned it sepia and then used that as their background. Sooo cool.

Thanks so much for those links!!! They were awesome! And...I didn't even know the DIS had a scrapbook forum!!! Learn something new every day!

You're both welcome! I use Storybook creator from Creative Memories and love it!

You're both welcome! I use Storybook creator from Creative Memories and love it!

that's what I use as well, and LOVE IT!! Where do you print your pages? or do you make full albums? I don't scrapbook in time order, so I do everything as an individual 12 x 12 pages. Print them at mypictales.com for a buck a page. Can't beat that!!! It's the cheapest I've found. They don't come out looking glossy like photographs, but I think they look great nonetheless. A friend of mine uses artscow, but those are more expensive than mypictales. I have a costco down the road, so I think if I was going to get photo type ones, I would just order them from there.

I second PP.

I'd also like to suggest an alternative that someone on that board suggested and that I ran with when I made my book from our Disney trip. Instead of using Disney digital clip art I used my photos of the areas we were in; i.e., a picture of our hotel or a picture of the Tony's from when we ate there, turned it black and white and used that as my background for my photos and skipped the clip art entirely. the effect is amazing. PM me if you'd like to see some of my pages. Someone else I know did something similar only they took their clip art and turned it sepia and then used that as their background. Sooo cool.

Oh thanks for the tip I'm going to do that for our trip we just came back from, great idea!! I had done a huge annual pass 12 x 12 book of 2008 (5 trips) and it was fun but exhausting. This time around I just want to make more simple books and thats a great idea!

that's what I use as well, and LOVE IT!! Where do you print your pages? or do you make full albums? I don't scrapbook in time order, so I do everything as an individual 12 x 12 pages. Print them at mypictales.com for a buck a page. Can't beat that!!! It's the cheapest I've found. They don't come out looking glossy like photographs, but I think they look great nonetheless. A friend of mine uses artscow, but those are more expensive than mypictales. I have a costco down the road, so I think if I was going to get photo type ones, I would just order them from there.

Thanks for the mypictales site! In the past I've used artscow but have not been happy the last 2 times.

Oh thanks for the tip I'm going to do that for our trip we just came back from, great idea!! I had done a huge annual pass 12 x 12 book of 2008 (5 trips) and it was fun but exhausting. This time around I just want to make more simple books and thats a great idea!

Great idea, thanks!

Just wanted to share another fun and free effect that you might like. I used it for my big 2008 scrapbook cover. Its a free download where you can put ALL of your disney pictures into one folder and then this program will create a mosaic using them. Its worth checking out :thumbsup2

Mosaic3.jpg

http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/

Oh thanks for the photo mosaic link. Middle DS just earned his arrow of light and crossed from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. This would be a fun way to make a picture memory for him and his den mates.

Can someone please tell me how the Creative Memories software works? I used to be a CM consultant YEARS ago.

I've never tried digital-- intimidating! :)

Can someone please tell me how the Creative Memories software works? I used to be a CM consultant YEARS ago.

I've never tried digital-- intimidating! :)

Basically, you buy digital pages or use your own, create an album, load your pics, and you're done. There are embellishments,etc that make it fun. After printing the books, I sometimes add my own embellishments so that it has some 3D properties. The really nice thing too is that your books are always saved so if something happened to the hard copy, it would simple be a matter of having the books reprinted.

Basically, you buy digital pages or use your own, create an album, load your pics, and you're done. There are embellishments,etc that make it fun. After printing the books, I sometimes add my own embellishments so that it has some 3D properties. The really nice thing too is that your books are always saved so if something happened to the hard copy, it would simple be a matter of having the books reprinted.

Do you have to print the CM books with CM only or can you use the software and print them at snapfish or somewhere like that?

Do you have to print the CM books with CM only or can you use the software and print them at snapfish or somewhere like that?

You can print them however you want to. You upload your pages as jpeg images, and can print them wherever. I have done them at costco, and other places. If you want to do something other than a 12 x 12 scrapbook page, you can do them at snapfish or wherever, but not as many places will print a 12 x 12 page. What I like about the software is that it gives you so many options of how to customize your pages. It allows you to reuse your embellishments over and over. You can change their colors. allows you to rip paper, cut out shapes, make things opaque. It is really cool. There are a ton of places you can get free embellishment and paper downloads. So it actually ends up being cheaper in the long run than doing traditional scrapbooking, plus NO MESS! I think the CM software is somewhere around $65. I print my 12 x 12 pages for a dollar a piece plus shipping at mypictales.com. You can completely customize your pages, or there are also predesigned ones you can just drag and drop your pictures. Loads of fun!!!

Thanks for the clarification on printing. I thought another diser told me you could print them elsewhere but a CM rep told me I had to have any photobooks or pages printed thru CM with their software. I am excited to try it now. I love scrapbooking but just have not had time to commit to paper scrapbooking and think this would be a good option for me.

I just wanted to pop in and say that you don't need Scrapbook specific software to create digital pages. If you have PS Elements, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro or a similar program that allows you to work in LAYERS you can digiscrap.
These were done in Paint Shop Pro:
1190901008_522nA-L.jpg

1027819101_CmGCg-L.jpg

1029088855_W7kKk-L.jpg

I bought the digital kits and put them together myself. The best thing about digital is the 'undo' button! Well, that and being able to use your product over and over again. Digi has gotten my pics off the computer and into albums for everyone to enjoy.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the clarification on printing. I thought another diser told me you could print them elsewhere but a CM rep told me I had to have any photobooks or pages printed thru CM with their software. I am excited to try it now. I love scrapbooking but just have not had time to commit to paper scrapbooking and think this would be a good option for me.

Because the CM rep wanted to earn money on your purchase! It was my CM rep that showed me how to upload them to costco! ;) Have fun!

NO, you don't have to have specific software, but I didn't have any other program. and I love mine! ;) But it's what you are used to using that makes it easy/fun for each individual person!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter