Disney Designer Dolls

As a CM who does not buy these dolls, I was just wondering about the overall fairest way to handle the dolls going forward.

People come to the store before it opens and line up outside, but others just call the store at 10 am and the store will hold them until closing. I was just thinking that eventually there might be a line large enough outside the store for all the dolls, however. In this case, is it fair to hold any for phone call guests? In this case, handing out cards to the line outside seems the fairest and safest. Otherwise guests might run in, charge to the cash wrap and it seems like that could be a bad idea to me. And when we open, there is not really a line. And I am in an IP store, where they hold the opening ceremony for a child to turn the key each morning. I can see the doll guests being inpatient for this, unless they held a card that guaranteed them a doll.

Good luck everyone!

oh, yes, the only allow guests to buy 2.

Wow, I am a little shocked that yall will hold them for people. The mall I went to, I called them at 9:50am, 10 minutes before the store opened and said I was on the way and would be there within 20-30 minutes and they refused to hold one for me. So I had the dh step on the gas! LOL. They had sold 5 by the time we got there about 20 minutes later.

As a CM who does not buy these dolls, I was just wondering about the overall fairest way to handle the dolls going forward.

People come to the store before it opens and line up outside, but others just call the store at 10 am and the store will hold them until closing. I was just thinking that eventually there might be a line large enough outside the store for all the dolls, however. In this case, is it fair to hold any for phone call guests? In this case, handing out cards to the line outside seems the fairest and safest. Otherwise guests might run in, charge to the cash wrap and it seems like that could be a bad idea to me. And when we open, there is not really a line. And I am in an IP store, where they hold the opening ceremony for a child to turn the key each morning. I can see the doll guests being inpatient for this, unless they held a card that guaranteed them a doll.

Good luck everyone!

oh, yes, the only allow guests to buy 2.

Yes that does seem like the fairest way. Your store holds them until closing? Wow. The Disney Store near me isn't allowed to!

It was interesting because yesterday we got more Belle dolls in the store, in a drop shipment, as did many other stores. The stores did not know they were getting them. I think about a dozen more per store, not sure exactly. People were going nuts because they were sold out online. Some guests drove a few hours to get to our store to pick them up.

We also got more Cinderellas in late last week. Of course, all the dolls are gone now, Cindy and Belle.

We have a few mugs left. Tiana and Mulan only, I think.

I am surprised of the interest in this line myself. I have been trying to warn the management of the high interest in the Rapunzel doll in particular. I hope they come up with the fairest way to sell them. Any suggestions from the guests here that buy these dolls? (not that I am able to set policy or anything :laughing:, but I can pass it along.)

I want to say thank you so much for saying your store got more dolls because today when I read your post I called my Disney Store and they said they had literally just received them 5 minutes before I called and they were like "how did you know???". I felt like Timmy Turner "Uhh... Internet?" LOL. Anyway I rushed down there as fast as I could and luckily they were all still there! They only got 4 more and no one knew they were there, so I had a great chance of getting one. I wasn't planning on getting her when she first came out but I totally regretted it after so I was so happy they got more today!

I want to say thank you so much for saying your store got more dolls because today when I read your post I called my Disney Store and they said they had literally just received them 5 minutes before I called and they were like "how did you know???". I felt like Timmy Turner "Uhh... Internet?" LOL. Anyway I rushed down there as fast as I could and luckily they were all still there! They only got 4 more and no one knew they were there, so I had a great chance of getting one. I wasn't planning on getting her when she first came out but I totally regretted it after so I was so happy they got more today!

YAY that is awesome you were able to get one after all!!!! :goodvibes

Just to add one small point, our store was not taking the "holds" before 10 am, store opening, only after we opened at 10am.

This policy may change for next week, of course. We were holding them for the same day, I think because we normally hold items for guests like costumes or whatever. We usually hold items until the close of business the next day, but for the dolls they said the same day.

I would guess they may stop this policy of holding the dolls, it was done to help guests who were driving a distance to the store, to avoid a wasted trip.

Just to add one small point, our store was not taking the "holds" before 10 am, store opening, only after we opened at 10am.

This policy may change for next week, of course. We were holding them for the same day, I think because we normally hold items for guests like costumes or whatever. We usually hold items until the close of business the next day, but for the dolls they said the same day.

I would guess they may stop this policy of holding the dolls, it was done to help guests who were driving a distance to the store, to avoid a wasted trip.

Hi PatMcDuck,

Are the people who are calling into the store to reserve a doll (after the 10 am store opening) able to pre-pay over the phone with a credit card, and therefore technically they would already own it? The receipt then can be attached to the doll, so it does not get sold to someone else. Also, if the person does not pick it up by the end of the day, the charge could be reversed and the doll could become available again for purchase on the next day.

I totally understand that it would be very upsetting for someone who called in and then drove several miles to get a doll, only to then be told that it was no longer available when they actually arrived. But what if someone calls in to reserve a doll and never shows up? A person who actually came into the store to buy a doll may be told that they were sold out, when there really is a doll "on hold" without any guarantee that the person who called in is even coming (and pre-payment over the phone was not done)? Since some locations seem to be selling out of the dolls so quickly, it seems more fair to just use a non-negotiable first-come-first-served basis policy for these particular limited items.

Hi PatMcDuck,

Are the people who are calling into the store to reserve a doll (after the 10 am store opening) able to pre-pay over the phone with a credit card, and therefore technically they would already own it? The receipt then can be attached to the doll, so it does not get sold to someone else. Also, if the person does not pick it up by the end of the day, the charge could be reversed and the doll could become available again for purchase on the next day.

I totally understand that it would be very upsetting for someone who called in and then drove several miles to get a doll, only to then be told that it was no longer available when they actually arrived. But what if someone calls in to reserve a doll and never shows up? A person who actually came into the store to buy a doll may be told that they were sold out, when there really is a doll "on hold" without any guarantee that the person who called in is even coming (and pre-payment over the phone was not done)? Since some locations seem to be selling out of the dolls so quickly, it seems more fair to just use a non-negotiable first-come-first-served basis policy for these particular limited items.

I think this would be very fair- if you want the store to put it on hold for you, then you have to pay for it over the phone. That way it's fair- you've paid for it, it's yours, no chance of them selling it to a walk in. It's fair for the store- they sold the item for sure, they don't risk losing the sale due to a flake who decides not to drive to the store afterall.

Does anyone know if any store is selling them over the phone and shipping them out? We only have 1 store in Colorado that is selling them but they sell out quick! And I can't take off Mondays (because of work) so I was hoping that another Disney store in another state would sell me a doll and ship it. Does anyone know if any store is doing this? Would greatly appreciate it!! I was looking for Cinderella and Ariel.

Does anyone know if any store is selling them over the phone and shipping them out? We only have 1 store in Colorado that is selling them but they sell out quick! And I can't take off Mondays (because of work) so I was hoping that another Disney store in another state would sell me a doll and ship it. Does anyone know if any store is doing this? Would greatly appreciate it!! I was looking for Cinderella and Ariel.

I haven't heard of that, but then again I don't know for sure.
Seems like it would be just like buying from the disney store online. The shipping is fast for these dolls from my experience. I got my ariel doll in just a few days and I live in Canada.
Also, Cinderella and Ariel were the first 2 to come out and are both sold out online and in store :(

Dont trust the disney store workers. I went tuesday night and got a cinderella and they told me ups is bringing more belles friday at 5. I called today and she goes oh they came wed morning and are sold out. I'm so mad. You telling me tuesday night they had no clue theyd be there wed?

According to a CM who works at a Disney Store (source: disneypinforum), her Disney Store is capable of fulfilling orders over the phone and shipping out to other states. I don't know if all Disney Stores offer this service. If possible, could you have someone order the future release dolls from disneystore.com for you?

Dont trust the disney store workers. I went tuesday night and got a cinderella and they told me ups is bringing more belles friday at 5. I called today and she goes oh they came wed morning and are sold out. I'm so mad. You telling me tuesday night they had no clue theyd be there wed?

Not to make excuses for that CM, but they really don't seem to receive reliable information from the corporate distribution department about future shipments of items that have already been officially released. I have asked numerous times about any future plans of Disney to release the Designer Princess mugs again, but I have not ever received any confirmation that Disney plans to do so. I'm glad I got my Snow White mug on eBay before the prices skyrocketed to the present outlandish asking prices ($50-$100 for a single mug that cost $10.50 is way too much!)

I sure do wish I would have bought that Rapunzel mug when I saw it, cause I am sure I have no chance now of getting it. I do have the Ariel one though, so I shouldn't complain.

I have a Cinderella and a Belle doll that I would LOVE to trade for an Ariel doll if anyone is interested.

I have a question....
I literally had no idea Ariel had come out (I've been dealing with some personal matters and was oblivious), she is my absolute favorite of the series and the only doll I am interested in purchasing. Of course, she's sold out, and people on ebay are ripping off fans like me.
The salesgirl at my Disney store confused me...so do they get more dolls during the week, or on Mondays?? Or is it JUST the new doll?

I'm reallllllllllly hoping Disney takes back it's limited qualities policy on these dolls. Ever fan who genuinely wants one should be able to purchase one.

I have a question....
I literally had no idea Ariel had come out (I've been dealing with some personal matters and was oblivious), she is my absolute favorite of the series and the only doll I am interested in purchasing. Of course, she's sold out, and people on ebay are ripping off fans like me.
The salesgirl at my Disney store confused me...so do they get more dolls during the week, or on Mondays?? Or is it JUST the new doll?

I'm reallllllllllly hoping Disney takes back it's limited qualities policy on these dolls. Ever fan who genuinely wants one should be able to purchase one.

The trend so far has been that the new featured princess doll is released on Monday. The retail stores appear to have received up to 12-14 dolls of the LE 8000 dolls (but there have been reports that some stores received significantly less, like 3 only). Some stores received a second shipment of Cinderella dolls sometime after Ariel was released, also in varied quantities per store. The Ariel doll was listed as sold out online by the end of her first week, and I don't know if any of the retail stores received a second shipment of her. (Can anyone confirm this?) The Belle dolls were listed as sold out online in less than 48 hours of her release, but the retail stores did receive second shipments for her as early as the Wednesday after her release. Cinderella sold out online the same day that Belle did (so a little over 2 weeks after her release date).

Sadly, there is no consistency with what Disney is doing with distribution. I think it would have been better to follow their Cinderella model of waiting a week before sending more dolls to the stores, so that people did have more opportunity to buy a doll online, as opposed to the Belle model, which gave a 1 1/2 day window of opportunity to buy her online. The problem with second shipments to the retail stores is that no one can predict if and/or when it will happen.

Unfortunately, based on the sound of things, the only way to get an Ariel doll now would be venues like eBay (and the price hikes have been unbelievable), unless disneystore.com "magically" finds more dolls and relists them online, like they have with other limited edition items in the past (which have mostly been pins, from my own observations).

unless disneystore.com "magically" finds more dolls and relists them online, like they have with other limited edition items in the past (which have mostly been pins, from my own observations).

That is something I've never understood. I look at the pins online. Limited Edition. Then they are not online anymore as if they are sold out. Then a while later they reappear. Most recently noticed it with an Ariel pin I ordered from the 110th Legacy Collection. But other things I wish for them to bring back they never do. Like when they had all the new neat Ariel stuff for the opening of the new ride at DL, I ordered the scarf (which sold out so quick) but I also was wanting to purse, but they sold out before I could order it. And I have never seen it since :mad:

Hi everyone. I got my Ariel and Cinderella today by mail. I guess I should feel really fortunate. I was at D23 and got to see all of the dolls in person there. I decided that Ariel and Cinderella were the only ones I was really interested in buying and they just happened to be the first two out.

Anyway, when they were on display they were in their boxes but fixed up from how they are delivered. They did not have the plastic backing holding them up, the plastic in their hair and holding pieces down were not there. I know disney had to do it so they didn't look bad on delivery but are you guys opening them up to fix them up like a real display? What kind of doll stands are you using? I guess the standard barbie ones probably work. I know this kills resell value but I plan to keep them and would rather have them looking nice.

Opinions?

Oh, also I know they were offering packages of the dolls at D23. Pay for all 10 dolls and they get shipped to you once they have all been released. I'm not sure how many people took up on that but that could be affecting the number of dolls released into stores and online

That is something I've never understood. I look at the pins online. Limited Edition. Then they are not online anymore as if they are sold out. Then a while later they reappear. Most recently noticed it with an Ariel pin I ordered from the 110th Legacy Collection. But other things I wish for them to bring back they never do. Like when they had all the new neat Ariel stuff for the opening of the new ride at DL, I ordered the scarf (which sold out so quick) but I also was wanting to purse, but they sold out before I could order it. And I have never seen it since :mad:
I got the incredibly expensive jacket. Once it got to me it was way too small. I had to return it but of course larger sizes were gone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter