Disney Designer Dolls

Where did this info come from? Not that I am returning mine but I don't see where it says that for the online orders? :confused3

I just looked at my order slip and there is nothing printed there either

Usually when an item is non-returnable it will state it both in the item description and the packing slip.

or is this the policy for B&M stores?

I work at TDS, and I asked about it (I was just curious) and was told they are not returnable. As a matter of fact, even if they are damaged, they have to call an 800 number or something, some kind of guest services number. I think it has to do with being an LE collectible. Next time I work I will ask for clarification.

I also thought it was a good idea to have them non-returnable. I remember many years ago, ebay sellers would buy up LE pins, and beanies. Then 29 days later they would return all of it that did not sell on Ebay.

I live in Australia and have been collecting these dolls from the Disney Store Online and paying a premium in postage amounts. I ordered Mulan at 01:02:32 AM PDT 09/12 and have just received that dreaded email from guest services saying that they have run out of the doll. I emailed them and said how could this be when the doll just literally came online to buy. I think that maybe they dont use the first in first served rule when it comes to orders. I will see what they reply with! Good on those that managed to secure her.

I live in Australia and have been collecting these dolls from the Disney Store Online and paying a premium in postage amounts. I ordered Mulan at 01:02:32 AM PDT 09/12 and have just received that dreaded email from guest services saying that they have run out of the doll. I emailed them and said how could this be when the doll just literally came online to buy. I think that maybe they dont use the first in first served rule when it comes to orders. I will see what they reply with! Good on those that managed to secure her.

I wasn't sure if it was better to get my Rapunzel online right when they come out, or to buy her in store because they come out to the same total. I wanted to go in person just to get the full experience, even if it did mean waiting for a super long time. But on the other hand, I felt like if I waited til then they would all sell out online and I had to be SURE i would get one in person. Thing is, seeing that so many people are getting these emails, I'll stick to my first plan of getting her in person. I'm so so sorry that happened to you. That's so awful :(

Thanks! Do you think the chances of Rapunzel being last are really good? I really hope she's not, the hype is going to be crazy by then.

My feeling is that Rapunzel will either be released on October 3rd (the day after her official princess coronation) or on October 24th (as the final doll). Keep in mind, no one at this time can confirm if either date is correct. The only advantage to her being released on October 24th may be that the people who seem to be hoarding the dolls may be swimming in unsold dolls by that point, so maybe they will be more hesitant about buying more. I really hope that less and less people actually empower them by accepting their rip-off eBay pricing, but then again desperation makes us all do impulsive things sometimes.

I am so sorry to hear that they did that to you! You are not the first person who reported that this has happened. I really hope that the online ordering process gets streamlined better to avoid this from happening. Please give them hell for doing that to you if they don't come up with a really good excuse and resolution...

Originally I had preferred to buy online because stores open in the middle of most people's workday (including mine), but the site does not seem to have its act together what with this “I know you paid, but it turns out we do not have a doll for you” business.

I do not even know how I will go about buying my next doll. I went to my local Disney Store today. It turns out a sorority sister works there and we discussed the dolls for a little bit. One good thing is that my local store is really fair about the dolls. My sister did not offer me preferential treatment, which I respect. I was sad to read elsewhere how whether you got a doll depended on who you knew. :sad2:

My feeling is that Rapunzel will either be released on October 3rd (the day after her official princess coronation) or on October 24th (as the final doll). Keep in mind, no one at this time can confirm if either date is correct. The only advantage to her being released on October 24th may be that the people who seem to be hoarding the dolls may be swimming in unsold dolls by that point, so maybe they will be more hesitant about buying more. I really hope that less and less people actually empower them by accepting their rip-off eBay pricing, but then again desperation makes us all do impulsive things sometimes.

That's a really good point! We'll see what happens!

Originally I had preferred to buy online because stores open in the middle of most people's workday (including mine), but the site does not seem to have its act together what with this “I know you paid, but it turns out we do not have a doll for you” business.

I do not even know how I will go about buying my next doll. I went to my local Disney Store today. It turns out a sorority sister works there and we discussed the dolls for a little bit. One good thing is that my local store is really fair about the dolls. My sister did not offer me preferential treatment, which I respect. I was sad to read elsewhere how whether you got a doll depended on who you knew. :sad2:

Same. I was originally very relieved when I heard that the dolls would be available online, because I do work a M-F, 40 hr/week job and going to the Disney Store retail locations is just not an option. So far, I have been lucky with the online ordering, but with the dolls selling out quicker and quicker, plus the reports of canceled orders, I am a lot more worried about being able to get the whole set. Let us keep faith, and as Tiana would say, with diligence and hard work we should be able to obtain our goals...

I'm planning on staying up, or waking up at 3 to get the doll, then I'll go to the mall to see if i can pick one up, because...I don't want the website canceling on me, telling me they've run out! And if I do get stuck with two, I have a friend whose dying for the doll, I can sell her the other one, retail price. If Disney were to cancel an order on me, it would be the last time they got my online business. That's just a shady thing to do!

Let us keep faith, and as Tiana would say, with diligence and hard work we should be able to obtain our goals...

So true!

Best of luck to all the Disney collectors out there.

Also, the doll prices on eBay seem to be calming down, luckily.

So true!

Best of luck to all the Disney collectors out there.

Also, the doll prices on eBay seem to be calming down, luckily.

I already saw a ebay lot for Snow White. The seller said "I will buy it Monday, bring it home carefully and ship it to you." REALLY? NO THANKS. These people are relentless! RIDICULOUS. I keep checking it from time to time and see lots with ZERO bids and time winding down. Karma came to town and bit them in the rear, greedy people! I did buy Snow White and Cinderella mugs though to go with my collection. (Only the cheapest ones I found, some people are trying to get 40 bucks for a mug...) One seller wasn't that ridiculous with it, 14.99 which is only a four dollar profit for them, which I'm happy about.

ARghhhh, they have just sent me the - I certainly appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the difficulties you experienced when ordering through DisneyStore.com. Upon revieiwng your concern, I am so sorry that your desired item was unavailable your time of purchase - No answer as to why this is happening. I really cant understand why they dont fill the orders first in first served. A big company like Disney should be able to be a little more organised. I have to pay $60 postage for those dolls each time so I rely on getting them online and not from greedy ebay.

I dont even know if I should attempt to try to get Snow White tonight.

Who's staying up tonight to order Snow White? Or who's planning on making an early trip to their local Disney store? :) I'm making a pass on this one, just curious to see who's getting one! :)

I'm staying up, or rather waking up, at 3am! I'm nervous though, if I do get it - not only will there be the "did I actually get it" thought but I'm worried that the site will crash tonight and not be able to handle the amount of people who will be trying to get this doll in the middle of the night.

The nearest stores are not that close to me and I also have to get my daughter on the bus in the morning so I probably can't be on line at the store early.

This whole thing is a mess. :sad2:

Good luck to everyone trying to get Snow White in the morning!!!!

On a side note, I think it would be hilarious for all the Ebay jerks to be the ones getting the emails that says they didn't get it or not being in line soon enough.

I'm seriously so nervous about NOT getting this doll, that i've been having terrible head aches because of it. It sounds so LAME, but for the past two days I've been freaking out! I'm just so anxious!

Who's staying up tonight to order Snow White? Or who's planning on making an early trip to their local Disney store? :) I'm making a pass on this one, just curious to see who's getting one! :)

i'm going to try! I have the first four and really did want the whole collection. I'm trying to keep my cool either way. I tend to get hyper-anxious about these things, and I just keep telling myself to keep perspective. :) I'm going to try and order online. I have to work 0630-1230 tomorrow and by the time I get to my DS, they'll be gone for sure. Same with the next 5 Mondays- I have to open at work, so no chance for me getting the doll. I 'lucked' out the last 2 Mondays because I was out of work for a tonsillectomy. Well, maybe not so lucky, but I was able to get the dolls. :) I bought Ariel and Cinderella before the madness began.

I just lost my cool last Monday waiting in line for Mulan. I cannot stand the ebay sharks- seeing them live and in action made my blood boil. I got sniped at on another forum for complaining about it, but for crying out loud....it's just ugly seeing such blatant greed and dis-regard for other people's hobby or little slice of happiness.

It reminds me of when my oldest son was 4 or 5 (he's almost 14 now), we ventured into Toys R Us to buy him 1 or 2 small Star Wars action figures. The little $6 ones. I couldn't even get to the section because middle aged men were there with their CARTS, filling up the carts just to turn around and sell on freaking ebay. I finally said, "Excuse me, can my 5 year old have a turn to just pick out ONE little toy?" I can't remember what happened- maybe a worker made them move. Jerks.:mad:

I've been lucky the last few times I bought the dolls. I got Cinderella because I saw Ariel had sold out in 6 days and I freaked out that I wouldn't be able to buy Cindy by next payday. Then the next day Belle came out. So I bought her that morning. Last week I decided to go to the mall and they were sold out of Mulan within an hour (which was fine, because I didn't want her) I don't think people in my area are really freaking out about these things...but who knows. I think it just depends on the princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter