Disney Cruise Characters! Who have you met when and experiences!

We saw Hook and Smee twice. Once by Shutters, and another during a photo op above the Atrium.
image.jpg

Not sure if these two are still around, but DD wanted to see them so badly...
image.jpg

7 night Fantasy, April 2014:
Mickey in Captain outfit, Hawaiian outfit, and pirate outfit
Minnie in flapper dress, Hawaiian outfit, sailor outfit, and pirate outfit (she was DD's favorite at the time)
Donald on Castaway Cay and in pirate costume
Daisy on Castaway Cay and in Hawaiian outfit
Goofy in sailor outfit
Pluto
Princesses: Tiana (twice--and she remembered my son!), Cinderella, Belle in yellow dress, Jasmine, Rapunzel, and Ariel in pink dress
Aladdin
Phineas and Ferb
Tinker Bell
Buzz Lightyear
Peter Pan
Hook and Smee
Chip and Dale in tuxes

Whew! It was a lot! We did not wait in very long lines. The lines that were too long--Captain America and Jack Sparrow--we skipped. We also saw, but did not stand in line for, Lilo and Stitch.

We got the VIP meeting for the second time. The first time my daughter was 3 and we couldn't find my oldest. She was devastated she missed it. This is before the Til we meet again. We got some great pics this time of my oldest.
From the Lion King:

Our cruise was March 29-April 3rd. Jack Sparrow usually has two meets. One on Castway Cay after 10AM and one on Pirate night in front of the theater before shows. He and I got into a conversation about Metrics. He saw my 5K medal and I was trying to explain how much a 5K was. We were talking for a few minutes. This was near the post office and a different local than thy used to to have it. Before it was by the Davey Jones ship and then closer to Cookies.

At the Golden Mickeys there is a chance to walk the red carpet and be on screen in the theater. We just got there a few minutes early. My DD is the second one in line:

At the Til We meet again, they have some of the stage performers too like Annabeth from Dreams and the dogs from the Lady and the Tramp number. We caught Sorcerer Mickey twice on the way to AP for the show. He was nice enough to stop and give my DD a hug. We also caught Rapunzel, Chip and Dale, and Tiana in the hallway. Goofy will be on the sports deck sometimes. They also have this new thing which is an afterparty after the Golden Mickeys. It's a dance party with Goofy. There are plenty of opportunities to meet the characters, you just need to have a camera with you. Sometimes characters will be in the cubs with the kids. We caught the green Army men on the Dream performing boot camp.

On our February 2015 Wonder Cruise we had a lot of opportunity to get pictures with Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, Tiana, Mickey*, Minnie*, Donald*, Daisy*, Pluto*, Goofy*, Doc McStuffin, Jake, Captain Hook, Chip n' Dale*, Sophia, Peter Pan and Jack Sparrow. Yes, the Princess Gatherings are now tickets but the lines are much shorter than the previous line-ups. Check your daily Navigator to find times and locations of the characters, keep in mind that when it's really hot on deck, you will be more likely to find the characters roaming around the Atrium/Deck 4 (on Classic Ships)...you will find *characters dressed for themed events (Pirate Night, Golden Mickey's, etc.)...

On our 2014 Panana WB crossing we had a similar characters as our February 2015 cruise plus Ariel, Perla and Suzy (Cinderella's mice), Mr. Smee, Pixar Pals (Dug and Russel from Up, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Woody, Jesse, Flik, Mike Wazowski, Sully, Ratatouille and Emile)...

The White Rabbit has been known to make an appearance around Easter...

If you want to spend time with characters, a Disney Cruise is the way to go...

All these pics are making me soooooo even more excited about our first Disney cruise this Nov 13 on the Wonder! Thanks to all those that posted pics! I hope to get some awesome shots of our 2 girls! If kids are just hanging out with characters in the kids clubs are those moments you feel like you missed seeing or getting pics of since you as parents aren't there? But how cool is that to just hang out and play with them!

We just got off the Wonder yesterday - tons of characters to meet! A highlight was Captain Jack Sparrow! I was listening to his conversation before we got to the front of the line - he would ask kids their name and after the photo he would ask them what his name was. If they said just "Jack Sparrow" and not "Captain Jack Sparrow" he would give them a hard time - it was quite funny. Well after my daughter got a photo with Captain Jack Sparrow, he asked her what his name was....her response "I am not sure"....(I think she panicked ;). The expression on his face was just priceless!!! Complete shock!!! He turned his back to her and told her to "go away". Everyone in ear shot was just cracking up!!! A real highlight for all of us - including my daughter she thought it was hysterical. She kept looking for him the rest of the trip!

Anyone can update me!

The dream 3 day cruise is getting closer and closer my goals:

Captain Mickey
sailor Minnie
Sailor chip and dale
Sailor Donald
Sailor goofy

Captain Hook
Mr Smee

Captain Jack Sparrow

Pirate Mickey
Pirate Minnie

Fancy dressed Mickey

The princesses (ticketed event)

We met a lot of characters on our 7 day fantasy cruise. Too many to list really. My favorite was the first character we met. We were walking on Deck 5 and there was Cinderella walking all by herself. We asked if we could get a picture with her and DD (4). DD loved it. We saw Cinderella a few more times of course, but seeing her unscheduled was the best. As far as the meets, there were many many scheduled meets. I have never met any characters in the parks so I cannot compare the wait times, but even the long lines were not too bad. They usually scheduled the character to be there for 15 minutes. If you were there a few minutes before (like 5-10 at most) you would probably be the first or second family in line. If you arrived exactly on time you might wait a few minutes. But they would cut off the line if you weren't there like 5-10 minutes after the scheduled meet time.

The only time that we were in line and did not get to see a character was at the See ya soon party at the end of the cruise. It was the last one too. We had not seen Donald yet all cruise and after seeing Minnie for the 5th time (it seems anyway), DD decided she wanted to see Donald. There were only a couple of minutes left and they were saying 1 picture per family but some in line were taking their sweet old time. There was only 1 family in front of us and they whisked Donald away for the good bye walk they do. Talk about tears flowing. Luckily Donald is not her favorite character!

Some people that I do not recall seeing at all, which I would have liked to see

Anna, Rapunzel, Aurora and Snow White.

As far as princesses, it was really just Belle, Tiana, Ariel, and Cinderella. And Queen Elsa of course. I know they cannot have all of them, but since Aurora is one of the main princesses, I was surprised not to see her at all

Also, I should add that Aladdin and Jasmine were in some shows, but I don't recall seeing either with a scheduled meet. I wish they had atleast one of them, but did not.

I was kind of bummed about not meeting Donald, but there were plenty of opportunities. He just was not that key of a character to see. Until they whisked him away that is. Then he was. She got over it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter