Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

This may sound odd but did anyone else not really plan much for their wedding? It seems like everyone goes all out but I kinda took advantage of most everything being pre-planned and just relaxed haha. ;) The real planning was only invitations and welcome bags, and they still don't seem half as elaborate as most DCL brides. I feel like I'm missing out or something haha.

Lol. I think I agree with you! I'm not really planning much either! We are planning On doing a few personalized touches for the wedding but thats about it. I've gotten welcome bags but haven't really gotten much for them! I'm planning on doing magnets and I haven't really even started that either :)! I think what also helped was that I started looking at everything in advanced! The biggest thing for me was my dress. Now it's just the little things that I have to decide on music, flowers and cake! I'm actually glad we are doing the cruise package. I think I would be way too stressed to do a wedding where I would have to decide all the little details!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone! It's awesome that some DCL brides are having elaborate plans and details, but I was beginning to feel like I was doing something wrong. I LOVE to plan things but I tend to go overboard. In the end I get too caught up in the details and can't have a good time, so this is really the way to go for me. ;)

I gotta agree Jodi, the dress was the biggest part for me too. I actually got the dress before I was officially engaged but we knew we wanted to get married.

This may sound odd but did anyone else not really plan much for their wedding? It seems like everyone goes all out but I kinda took advantage of most everything being pre-planned and just relaxed haha. ;) The real planning was only invitations and welcome bags, and they still don't seem half as elaborate as most DCL brides. I feel like I'm missing out or something haha.

Yep, I get asked the same question, "so how's wedding planning" and I stumble on answering them because there's really nothing much for me to plan. Its the little things that I'm doing. The major stuff is all Disney...
So far, I have my welcome bag of goodies, I've already selected my songs, cake and flowers( I am all paid in full for everything and the extras) BTW, I ordered silk flowers from Etsy for my girls. One of the BEST decision I made for this wedding!
Right now, I'm putting together my bridesmaid gifts.
I am also waiting on Disney to mail me their shipping labels. I am shipping my welcome bags, silk flowers to the ship warehouse 1 week prior to us arriving at port. This way, we won't need to carry so much on the flight there.
Getting antsy pants! 25 more days left to go!!!

Yep, I get asked the same question, "so how's wedding planning" and I stumble on answering them because there's really nothing much for me to plan. Its the little things that I'm doing. The major stuff is all Disney...
So far, I have my welcome bag of goodies, I've already selected my songs, cake and flowers( I am all paid in full for everything and the extras) BTW, I ordered silk flowers from Etsy for my girls. One of the BEST decision I made for this wedding!
Right now, I'm putting together my bridesmaid gifts.
I am also waiting on Disney to mail me their shipping labels. I am shipping my welcome bags, silk flowers to the ship warehouse 1 week prior to us arriving at port. This way, we won't need to carry so much on the flight there.
Getting antsy pants! 25 more days left to go!!!

Wow! You are so close!! Let me know how your experience goes with mailing them your welcome bags! I'm not sure I want to do this as we planning on getting stuff from WDW to put in them before hand! Are you having DCL deliver them for you? Keep us posted!

I did a vow renewal. Did nothing extra for the ceremony. I guess if I was planning a wedding, I might have done extra things, like gift bags, invited more people, etc. Besides my husband and I the only guests were our children and grandchildren (grandchildren were best man and maid of honor). There were 7 of us. The ceremony was wonderful, the table that the cake was on was decorated with rose petals and fresh flowers. It was the wedding I always wanted, but did not have. We had appointments at the spa for hair and I had my makeup done there. I liked that I did not have to do anything except show up. princess:princess:

I was a fairly low key bride. I made welcome bags but we only had 6 guest. That was the appeal to me. I loved having a stress free wedding.

Wow! You are so close!! Let me know how your experience goes with mailing them your welcome bags! I'm not sure I want to do this as we planning on getting stuff from WDW to put in them before hand! Are you having DCL deliver them for you? Keep us posted!

will do! :thumbsup2
I am going to deliver the bags myself and save the $2 per bag charge.

Hi Lovelies,

I've recently decided to participate in a half marathon in Disney world!
I wanted this run to be special and meaningful for me. This will be my first ever half marathon and what better place to start than Disney World? I also joined Team in Training/ Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help me train for this.

I chose to team up with this organization because of the great efforts they are trying to achieve in finding cures and effective treatments for patients who has blood cancer.

Unfortunately, this hits home for me. Last year we found out that my baby cousin, not even a year old yet was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. He's been in and out of the hospital for intense chemo the past year. He has spent his first Thanksgivings, Christmas, and New Year at the hospital. We all thought he was doing better this past summer. We all thought he was in remission until recent blood test showed that the Leukemia has come back and more serious than before. He needs a bone marrow transplants as soon as a match is found. This means more hospital stays and he will be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas and probably New Year in the hospital again.

I want to run for him and for everyone that is going through what he has to go through currently. My baby cousin is so brave and strong for someone who is so young. I know he will over come this obstacle and live a normal and healthy long life.

If you would like to donate to this amazing cause, please private message me. Admin is not going to allow me to put up my fundraising page.
Thanks!

I did a vow renewal. Did nothing extra for the ceremony. I guess if I was planning a wedding, I might have done extra things, like gift bags, invited more people, etc. Besides my husband and I the only guests were our children and grandchildren (grandchildren were best man and maid of honor). There were 7 of us. The ceremony was wonderful, the table that the cake was on was decorated with rose petals and fresh flowers. It was the wedding I always wanted, but did not have. We had appointments at the spa for hair and I had my makeup done there. I liked that I did not have to do anything except show up. princess:princess:

We are having a vow renewal also but mine is closer to a wedding since I never had a wedding when I married my husband. I was supposed to have my daughter who is a beautician work on my hair and make up. But with fighting between 3 of my 4 kids 3 of the kids decided to not go. So I have to get my hair and makeup done at the spa. Can you tell me how much you spent for the spa

Congratulations on your vow renewal. I am happy to hear that it was all you wanted to be.

We are having a vow renewal also but mine is closer to a wedding since I never had a wedding when I married my husband. I was supposed to have my daughter who is a beautician work on my hair and make up. But with fighting between 3 of my 4 kids 3 of the kids decided to not go. So I have to get my hair and makeup done at the spa. Can you tell me how much you spent for the spa

Congratulations on your vow renewal. I am happy to hear that it was all you wanted to be.

Thank you. Makeup was $75 plus 18% gratuity. I don't remember what hair cost since I paid for three. I know it all depends on how long your hair is (mine is short) and whether or not you want it up or down. You need to bring your own makeup. They do not provide any of that. But you can always go to Sephora and have them do your makeup and then buy what you need. Sorry your kids are not getting along. The ones that are not going will be missing out on something special.pixiedust:

Thank you. Makeup was $75 plus 18% gratuity. I don't remember what hair cost since I paid for three. I know it all depends on how long your hair is (mine is short) and whether or not you want it up or down. You need to bring your own makeup. They do not provide any of that. But you can always go to Sephora and have them do your makeup and then buy what you need. Sorry your kids are not getting along. The ones that are not going will be missing out on something special.pixiedust:

Thank you so much for the prices. It always is helpful to know about how much something is going be before you get there. As far as my kids I cried was sad, mad and everything else you can think of. Now I am whatever. If they are that crazy not to go on a all expenses paid cruise to the Bahamas let alone being on a Disney Cruise. It is their loss. If they chose where they want to come back on I told them that I will give them the TA number and they can book their room and pay for it. Oh well I tried :confused3

Hello ladies!

I've been absent from the thread for a few months but trying to keep up with what everyones plans are. However, I need some help. Smy fiance and I are getting married Feb 24.14. on the Dream. We havr two small children 5 & 1. Originally both of our families were planning on coming and now it looks like its just going to be the four of us. I'm so worried about the ceremony. We want both children there, but I'm terrified (with as busy as they are) that they will be all over the place having no one there at the ceremony to watch them. Any suggestions?

$75.00 is not bad at all for makeup! But did they do a good job of what you wanted and the after product? I was debating between doing my own makeup and getting it done but was a little skeptical about someone else doing my makeup? how was the overall experience??

$75.00 is not bad at all for makeup! But did they do a good job of what you wanted and the after product? I was debating between doing my own makeup and getting it done but was a little skeptical about someone else doing my makeup? how was the overall experience??

It ends up that I have to have my hair and makeup done at the spa. Is it true that you need to bring your own makeup? What about your hair do you have to bring your own bobby pins and bands? I know that if you are putting bling in your hair with clips you would have to bring. I just want to make sure that I am prepared when I go in 1 year..lol

It ends up that I have to have my hair and makeup done at the spa. Is it true that you need to bring your own makeup? What about your hair do you have to bring your own bobby pins and bands? I know that if you are putting bling in your hair with clips you would have to bring. I just want to make sure that I am prepared when I go in 1 year..lol
They will provide bobby pins & bands. You stop by the salon the first day with a pic of how you want your hair to look, then they have everything they will need already set out when you go for your appointment.

They will provide bobby pins & bands. You stop by the salon the first day with a pic of how you want your hair to look, then they have everything they will need already set out when you go for your appointment.

That is great!! Make up do you have to supply that? Sorry for the questions. I know my cruise is 1 year away but I am a early planner. I hate when I get all the info that I need and nothing done at the last minute. Then the anxiety kicks in high gear!

So happy to find a group that has such wonderful Brides :)

That is great!! Make up do you have to supply that? Sorry for the questions. I know my cruise is 1 year away but I am a early planner. I hate when I get all the info that I need and nothing done at the last minute. Then the anxiety kicks in high gear! So happy to find a group that has such wonderful Brides :)

A past bride informed me that it's not a guarantee but when she had her hair done at the salon the person was able to do her makeup. They charged her $75 and they use your own makeup! I'm planning on practicing to do my own and see what happens.

Hope this helps!
Jodi

That is great!! Make up do you have to supply that? Sorry for the questions. I know my cruise is 1 year away but I am a early planner. I hate when I get all the info that I need and nothing done at the last minute. Then the anxiety kicks in high gear!

So happy to find a group that has such wonderful Brides :)

You bring your own makeup and brushed. I was very impressed. They did a great job.

Thank you so much ladies it helps a lot! I am not a girl that wears a lot of makeup so I am going to leave it in someone else's hands..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter