• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Hello!

I just wanted to let any upcoming (or past) cruise bride know there is a discruisebride facebook group for already booked and planning brides, we are pretty active. If you have already booked your wedding and are in the planning process please PM for more information. Past Brides also welcome to help answer girls questions.

Thanks!

Thank you, I PM'd you! :)

I'm getting married on Castaway on November 16, 2013. Procrastination is catching up quickly with me as I have a TON to do...

I know I am doing gable boxes as a welcome bag but have no idea what to put in them. Does anyone have any ideas of something from the Bahamas that I can order online?

Thank you!!

I'm getting married on Castaway on November 16, 2013. Procrastination is catching up quickly with me as I have a TON to do...

I know I am doing gable boxes as a welcome bag but have no idea what to put in them. Does anyone have any ideas of something from the Bahamas that I can order online?

Thank you!!

We are getting married on the same day!! :) I'm not getting married on Castaway though.

So I decided to finally try to upload a few pictures from our wedding. We were married on August 6 (My birthday!) on our Alaskan cruise. The wedding was held at 5:30 that evening so that we had entered the inside passage and were surrounded by mountains. It was breathtaking... We had beautiful weather and were able to be able to get married outside on the secret deck, on deck 7. We did use the onboard photographer due to the cost of the cruise it wasn't economical for us to even consider hiring an outside photographer to bring along. Our photographer blew us away with our pictures, we added an extra hour and purchased the CD so we have too many to choose from. We were truly impressed with the wedding package and all that they did for us. Beth http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/bethr8613/media/KAT_5106-110_zpsb6db155c.jpg.html http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/bethr8613/media/JOE_3213-214_zpsf3ec6de8.jpg.html http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/bethr8613/media/JOE_3251-237_zps91fd02e1.jpg.html http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/bethr8613/media/IMG_9464_zps7211027e.jpg.html http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/bethr8613/media/KAT_4947-21_zps6b93bd43.jpg.html http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/bethr8613/media/JOE_3087-128_zps56647378.jpg.html http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/bethr8613/media/KAT_5130-126_zpsa28d9f2a.jpg.html

beautiful!! congrats!!!

Can I make my own flowers for the guys and MOH as well as the bridesmaid out of fake flowers and bring them? My budget is super small and I just don't want to run out of time to do these.

Yes you can.

Thank you...now if I could only find a way to make the photos cheaper :rotfl2: I know there probably isn't a chance with that one. They are so expensive for the little that you get. We only had pics at our wedding that people took and sent us. I just want that wedding I always dreamed of. I've been procrastinating doing the paperwork and thinking about the renewal bc I'm overwhelmed. I thought about switching from CC to on board but thats not the wedding we both envisioned. I did most of the paperwork today...has to be back by dec 22....not like I don't still have time but I want to focus on other things. My youngest is going through testing for autism and we are having problems at school with him and his teacher and principal are less than helpful, I'm starting back to school, still dealing with football season with the kids and am running non stop. I wish this trip was this weekend...I need the break soooo bad!

Thank you!!

Congrats!!
I'm getting married on Nov 15,2013 on castaway Cay! Yay for Nov brides ;)

Question for past DCL Castaway Cay brides:
Are we allowed to bring our own aisle runner for the ceremony on Castaway Cay?

I would email Meredith but when I asked she said yes but I'm doing an onboard ceremony! I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. You are so close!! Almost a month away woohoo

I do have a question for past brides that brought a cd for the ceremony! Did you use full length songs or did you just have a small portion of a song? How did you do this? How many songs do we need for the ceremony and how long for each?

Thanks so much
Jodi

I do have a question for past brides that brought a cd for the ceremony! Did you use full length songs or did you just have a small portion of a song? How did you do this? How many songs do we need for the ceremony and how long for each?

Thanks so much
Jodi

Oh Jodi!, yes !!! thank you for asking that question! I have the same issue LOL
Ah and yes its getting so close but I feel like I have a million things left to do :(
The nerves are starting to kick in....

Oh Jodi!, yes !!! thank you for asking that question! I have the same issue LOL
Ah and yes its getting so close but I feel like I have a million things left to do :(
The nerves are starting to kick in....

Lol. I know what you mean. I'm at the 3 month mark and I'm feeling the same way. I can only imagine at one month to go! Good luck and everything will come together

I used Disney songs from the list and brought a CD of songs that I liked for the reception time. I don't even remember hearing the music and my ceremony was a vow renewal!

I used Disney songs from the list and brought a CD of songs that I liked for the reception time. I don't even remember hearing the music and my ceremony was a vow renewal!
I had all Disney songs and the only one I remember hearing was our first dance. I'm sure the rest sounded great.

I would email Meredith but when I asked she said yes but I'm doing an onboard ceremony! I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. You are so close!! Almost a month away woohoo

We'll, I emailed Meredith and she said no... Bleh!
Due to safety concerns an aisle runner is not allowed. Oh wells... At least I know now.

This may sound odd but did anyone else not really plan much for their wedding? It seems like everyone goes all out but I kinda took advantage of most everything being pre-planned and just relaxed haha. ;) The real planning was only invitations and welcome bags, and they still don't seem half as elaborate as most DCL brides. I feel like I'm missing out or something haha.

This may sound odd but did anyone else not really plan much for their wedding? It seems like everyone goes all out but I kinda took advantage of most everything being pre-planned and just relaxed haha. ;) The real planning was only invitations and welcome bags, and they still don't seem half as elaborate as most DCL brides. I feel like I'm missing out or something haha.

I totally agree with you. People ask me how the planning is coming along and I say well, I haven't done much because it's on a ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter