Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Hello fellow Disney Brides!
I'm new here but been lurking around since.... FOREVER, lol
I'm having my wedding on the Disney Fantasy on Castaway Cay in November 9- 16 (7 nights to the western Caribbean) :thumbsup2 and starting to work on my planning guide. Stress level is starting rise a little over that but you guys have been a blessing!
Now got a question that I need some answers to: Which night would be the best to do a Palo dinner? I don't want to miss any excitements during main dining, so I'm not sure when to book our dinner :confused3

I also have gift bags to give my guests, would it be a good idea to hand deliver them myself or have one of the members of the crew deliver them for me? I'm planning to ship those gifts bag over to the ship's warehouse. I know I will need more luggage space for everything else, hehe

Many thanks, I know I will probably have no questions along the way...

It's not considered concierge but you get some of the same things. you can book port adventures, Palo and spa at 120 days out, same as concierge. We checked in at the concierge desk when boarding. We also got the additional H2O spa products like Aloe and body wash. We also got afternoon snacks delivered each day. We did stay in our regular veranda room (cat 5B) so we didn't get upgraded to a different room just got a few of the extras.

Beth

Cool! Better than nothing! Thanks!!

I'm having my wedding on the Disney Fantasy on Castaway Cay in November 9- 16 (7 nights to the western Caribbean) :thumbsup2 and starting to work on my planning guide. Stress level is starting rise a little over that but you guys have been a blessing!
Now got a question that I need some answers to: Which night would be the best to do a Palo dinner? I don't want to miss any excitements during main dining, so I'm not sure when to book our dinner :confused3

I also have gift bags to give my guests, would it be a good idea to hand deliver them myself or have one of the members of the crew deliver them for me? I'm planning to ship those gifts bag over to the ship's warehouse. I know I will need more luggage space for everything else, hehe

We planned our Palo dinner on the night of our Vow renewal which was the 2nd formal night/seafood night. It worked our really well since we were all dressed up anyway.

As for the gifts, I would ask your coordinator on the ship to deliver them.

Have fun!!!!!
cheryl

Hi! I just got off my 7 night western Caribbean cruise wedding! I did mine the first night at sea and did the earliest seating they had and it worked out perfect! We were able to eat a wonderful meal at palo and then go to late seating and have another dinner with all our family and friends!

We had our Palo dinner the night before the wedding. That allowed us to have special time just the two of us, and then still enjoy time with our guests the night of the wedding. It worked out well for us that way.

Edit: I just realized you are on a longer cruise than ours was, but we still enjoyed the time to our selves the night before we got married.

Yilang, our weddings are just about at the same time(I set sail on Nov 15th) and I booked Palo the night after the wedding. We'd prefer to celebrate at one of the main dinings with everyone the night of the wedding, then really enjoy Palo just the two of us the night after. :)

As for the gift bags, I've heard both opinions but we've decided to deliver them ourselves. I'd hate for them to get mixed up as they did for one of the brides on here recently(and other people I know). Plus I don't have many guests so it will be easy. :)

Hi All, first post!

Just had to join since having my wedding aboard the Disney Fantasy last Sunday.
If anyone is even debating the idea of a cruise wedding, I say it's completely worth it.
The surprise and romance didn't just end the day of the wedding which was our first day at sea- every night going back to our room was surprises of fruit, pastries, or even the first night was decorated beautifully with champange, chocolate covered strawberries and flower petals on the bed.
It seemed every person we encountered knew we had gotten married and congratulated us.
We decided we wanted to have dinner with our whole family that night (17 of us) so I scheduled our Palo dinner when we had a day at sea, a day that WASN'T pirate night. It worked out it was a few days later and was our second night at the Enchanted Garden in a row. I can't say enough wonderful things about Palo! It was our first time there but we will now be visiting every cruise. Our server Amanda was so wonderful and explained everything about Palo and the food to us, as well as joked around with us. The food was better than I ever expected I couldn't stop raving about it while eating, I loved it all. And they brought out the top of our cake as well as special drinks and a congratulations plate, the service was immpecable.
It wasn't just a wedding day, it was a wedding week with Disney. I couldn't be more happy :)

Hi All, first post!

If anyone is even debating the idea of a cruise wedding, I say it's completely worth it.
The surprise and romance didn't just end the day of the wedding which was our first day at sea- every night going back to our room was surprises of fruit, pastries, or even the first night was decorated beautifully with champange, chocolate covered strawberries and flower petals on the bed.
It seemed every person we encountered knew we had gotten married and congratulated us.
We decided we wanted to have dinner with our whole family that night (17 of us) so I scheduled our Palo dinner when we had a day at sea, a day that WASN'T pirate night. It worked out it was a few days later and was our second night at the Enchanted Garden in a row. I can't say enough wonderful things about Palo! It was our first time there but we will now be visiting every cruise. Our server Amanda was so wonderful and explained everything about Palo and the food to us, as well as joked around with us. The food was better than I ever expected I couldn't stop raving about it while eating, I loved it all. And they brought out the top of our cake as well as special drinks and a congratulations plate, the service was immpecable.
It wasn't just a wedding day, it was a wedding week with Disney. I couldn't be more happy :)

Congratulations on your wedding, hope you can post some pictures soon.
Welcome to all the new brides!!!

Hi All, first post!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheryl

I was thinking I would try to post a few pictures, but I can't figure out how to upload them. Any help would be appreciated!

Beth

I was thinking I would try to post a few pictures, but I can't figure out how to upload them. Any help would be appreciated!

Beth

easiest way to to put them on photobucket.com and then copy the link and then post in your reply.

che

Hi Future Brides and Past Brides, I just wanted to hop in here and introduce myself. I am Sharon and will be getting remarried to my husband on the Disney Dream December 15-19 2014. The wedding date is supposed to be on the 16th.

I call it remarried instead of renewal because I feel remarried to means a full fledged wedding and that is something we never had and we are starting brand new in our lives. We will be married 11 years by the time the cruise comes up.

I am so happy to find this group and have so many questions and I am really looking forward to talking to all of you.

Is anyone going to be on the December 15, 2014 Dream Cruise. If you are I started a meet (FE) group on DIS and FB. Yes a newbie is jumping in without a life preserver. Hope to see someone over there too.

Can't wait to talk to all of you :yay:
Sharon

I was hoping to get some info from past brides! I wanted to know about tipping for the wedding! Did you tip the officiant? Did you tip the wedding coordinator? Is there anyone else?

Thanks in advance!

Jodi

I was hoping to get some info from past brides! I wanted to know about tipping for the wedding! Did you tip the officiant? Did you tip the wedding coordinator? Is there anyone else?

Thanks in advance!

Jodi

Hi Jodi We had our vow renewal on the Dream in July. I tipped the onboard wedding coordinator and the servers at the ceremony.

Linda

Hi Jodi We had our vow renewal on the Dream in July. I tipped the onboard wedding coordinator and the servers at the ceremony.

Linda

Thank you so much! Never really thought about until just recently and want to get everything in order even though I have 4 months!

Did you give cash? Cash in a card or something else.

Thanks again
Jodi

Jodi,
I asked the onboard wedding coordinator the names of the servers. He left envelopes for me in my stateroom with their names on them. I gave cash in the envelope with a short thank you note. There were two servers. I wish that I had cards to give them at the ceremony. That way I wouldn't have had to track them down afterwards.

Jodi,
I asked the onboard wedding coordinator the names of the servers. He left envelopes for me in my stateroom with their names on them. I gave cash in the envelope with a short thank you note. There were two servers. I wish that I had cards to give them at the ceremony. That way I wouldn't have had to track them down afterwards.

Linda,

Thank you for the info! I'll be sure to pack a few thank you cards to take with us.

Where was your ceremony held on the ship? Was the day of the ceremony crazy? Did you get your hair done at the salon?

Linda,

Thank you for the info! I'll be sure to pack a few thank you cards to take with us.

Where was your ceremony held on the ship? Was the day of the ceremony crazy? Did you get your hair done at the salon?

Jodi,
My ceremony was at the Outlook on the ship. It was on Nassau day (day 2). I had my hair and makeup done at the spa. Since it was only my children and grandchildren I didn't have to worry about taking care of guests. I didn't think it was hectic at all.

Jodi,
My ceremony was at the Outlook on the ship. It was on Nassau day (day 2). I had my hair and makeup done at the spa. Since it was only my children and grandchildren I didn't have to worry about taking care of guests. I didn't think it was hectic at all.

Linda,
That's awesome that you were able to get your makeup done at the spa! How did you go about setting that up. I was told it isn't a guarantee and that they usually don't offer that service but have heard of people getting it done. I would prefer to have someone else do my makeup but I'm still going to practice incase it's not available! Sounds like you had a nice day. We also have a small guest list so I don't think it's going to be too bad

Jodi,
Go to the spa after you get settled on the ship. Confirm your hair appointment and make an appointment for makeup. They do your makeup after your hair appointment. You need to bring your own makeup, they do not supply any. The girl who did my hair also did my makeup. I was very happy with the results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter