• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Confessions

This is probably a common theme. I've told my family I want them to rent a speed boat and dump my ashes in the Seven Seas Lagoon. I figure they could get away with that pretty easily.

Another confession of mine.....On my first trip to DisneyWorld -- I would have loved to sprinkle some of my dad's ashes, he passed the year before and I never had the opportunity to go to the parks with him.

Loved the confessions show and I hope there's a followup in the future!!! It's nice to know there are others out there that love Disney as much as we do.

One of my confessions is that I'm a bit of a Disney merchandise "snob". I would rather pay full price on vacation for Parks Authentic items than pick up something at a local department store for half the cost. Honestly the dolls, toys and stuffed animals don't always look the same... it's also fun to have a vacation splurge and bring something special home that came right from the center of all that Disney magic :)

Loved the confessions show and I hope there's a followup in the future!!! It's nice to know there are others out there that love Disney as much as we do.

One of my confessions is that I'm a bit of a Disney merchandise "snob". I would rather pay full price on vacation for Parks Authentic items than pick up something at a local department store for half the cost. Honestly the dolls, toys and stuffed animals don't always look the same... it's also fun to have a vacation splurge and bring something special home that came right from the center of all that Disney magic :)

To me, it isn't a souvenir of the trip unless I bought it on the trip. I have, however, purchased small items at a discount store to surprise my kids while on the trip. It doesn't work for them anymore. They want to pick our their own stuff.

Bumping this for the proposed segment next week... Here's one to get it going again:

Everyone in my family seemed to have a different preconceived notion about Spaceship Earth.
My sister has been to WDW twice as an adult and her kids have never been on it, because she thought there was a roller coaster inside.
My wife thought the Contemporary Resort was a part of SSE, the hotel was in there, and that the monorail passed through.

Personal Confession...
For our first trip together, we bought the park hopper and didn't use it once. Money out the window!

My BFF and I have a pact: When one of us dies (we both want to be cremated) the other one has to sneak a small amount of ashes and secretly sprinkle them close to our favorite spots in Disneyland.

When I was pregnant for our oldest child in 2004 I really, really wanted the nursery to be decorated all in Disney. My husband was very firmly against it. We went back and forth for weeks about it but he just wouldn't budge. Finally I asked him what it would take to get him to agree. I was half joking when I said it, but he took it seriously. He said if I let him choose the name if the baby was a boy, then I would get my Disney nursery. It took me all of 30 seconds to agree. That was how my son got his name, it was all a negotiation.

We moved to a new house in 2008 and I decided to decorate the guest room with all my Disney stuff. My husband didn't care, but he did make me promise to keep Disney out of the rest of the house. I agreed. Well, about 4 years ago we repainted the front room of our house, the first room you see when you enter the house. I turned it into a sitting room. Little by little, very gradually, I have been adding some Disney touches to the room. I don't know if he's noticed yet because he hasn't said anything to me. But, I am waiting for the day when he finally catches on to what I've been doing for the past 4 years. :rotfl:

So many to choose from!!

1. I am constantly planning a trip, even fictitious ones. I will go so far to price airfare and hotels and book meals (I cancel them right after don't worry!)
2. I have planned trips for family and friends and friends of friends and my boss for free because I love it so much!
3. I have disney in every room of my house except the bathroom which clearly is an oversight on my part!
4. My son has gone to disney more times than years he has been alive. hes 6 and he has been 7 times. By the time he is 7 He will have gone 9 times!
5. To get my disney fix I go to the disney store, make food that reminds me of disney (hoop dee doo corn bread and mickey head rice crispy treats!), I listen to the dis unplugged podcasts, read trip reports, and watch a you tube channel all about another families trips (and cry when they cry!)
6. I have an all disney Christmas tree full of the ornaments I buy every trip with the year on it!

I'm obsessed and it just keeps getting worse! :thumbsup2

That's nothing to be ashamed of... sometimes you have to plan trips different ways, i.e., someone might not be able to take off work, can every adult pitch in for a 2 bedroom villa, get a family suite at A-S Music and a regular room, etc... To see what's available, there's no better way than to go through the Disney Parks website and compare. Just hit cancel!

I've got quite a few artwork and figurines in my room so constantly reminded of Disney. I always just go on the boards and really enjoy the DISUnplugged video podcasts every week. Just absolutely love looking forward to my next family break to WDW and planning things like ADRs.

Here's a confession: I am a classical singer and a bicoastal Disney fanatic. I am considering asking my family that when I die, I want half my ashes thrown at the opera singing ghost in the Haunted Mansion at DL, and the other half at the same ghost at WDW. Of course, this is patently against the rules and the only thing holding me back is that I don't want my family getting kicked out of Disney!

My confession: Besides having something 'Mickey' in every room, I started collecting and printing pictures of Mickey in different outfits. Who knew that world wide he has way over 700 different outfits!!.
A lot of them are on Pinterest, but not all.

My husband and I have been going to Disney Parks together for the past 14 years. You can walk into our house and see the obvious Disney items: our big figs and old artwork from the Paradise Pier hotel. What most of our friends and family don't know about is our collection of fast passes, Disney Dollars in different denominations and designs, and all of our annual passes from over the years.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter