Disney Confessions

I have to say that going into this Podcast, I knew in my heart how I would react to these confessions. Having said this, I never intentionally set out to hurt anyones feelings. I will admit that before I moved to Orlando, I loved all things Disney, but was not a regular park goer. Disney to me, was the movies. Now, Disney is more to me and I have my own way that I include it into my life.

If someone were to come into my home and start picking apart my collections or a way that I do things or what makes me the happiest, I am sure that I would have something to say to them. I also know that I would take the comments with humor and know that nothing said was in anyway meant to make fun of me or my personal world. To Each, his own.

I thought the show was informative, fun and an interesting subject.

Very Sincerely,

T princess:

:thumbsup2

I was "called out" at one point and it didn't bother me even though a few people laughed. I knew it was all in good fun and I knew that what I had confessed WAS funny. Sorry, but most of them were... but in a good way. In a way that real fans could look at them and laugh, but also know that we all of OUR quirks as well.

I think some people are looking at things a little too closely and putting their own spin on what happened. Last weekend I had the pleasure of getting to know Teresa, Julie, Jenilynn, Shaun, and Kathy. They are all wonderful, sweet, and amazing people who love Disney and who accepted all of us at the meet with open arms. I was blessed to get to spend quite a bit of time talking to Julie and Teresa at the meet and Teresa and Jenilynn at brunch the next morning (and sad I didn't get more time with Kathy and Shaun).

Well, you also have to look at who was on that podcast. Julie admits she was not a big fan of the parks growing up because she only came to WDW once. Kathy never came to WDW until later in life, but she is such a big fan, she got most of it. JenniLyn gets it; her blog was called The Disney Driven Life. Teresa was never a big fan; I remember when she first came on the podcast she didn't even know the names of many attractions. Craig, I believe, has stated he was never that big of a fan.

Just wanted to take a second and not defend my name, but make the record clear that I have never once stated that I wasn't a fan. My fandom is part of the reason that I have a job with The DIS and my love for Disney started with watching Disney movies and the Disney Channel growing up and added on the parks when my family started to visiting every couple of years. I am so much of a Disney fan that I chose to move down here for the College Program to try and work for Disney.

Depending on how you look at this segment, it could appear as if we were ridiculing some or just having fun with everyone else. I like to think of it as just having fun with everyone else and admitting that we can all have our crazy little obsessions and it comes across in different ways. If you stepped foot in my apartment, you could not find a room in the place that didn't have some sort of Disney item, whether it be my over obsessive Trader Sam's mug collection by the TV or my Test Track toys since that was the attraction I worked at. We are all insane about different things in some way (Teresa is a crazy cat lady), and I wouldn't be upset if someone made a joke towards my weirdness, because chances are I've probably laughed about something they've loved too (specifically, Teresa being an insane, crazy, slightly psychotic cat lady).

Just wanted to take a second and not defend my name, but make the record clear that I have never once stated that I wasn't a fan.

Thanks for clearing that up, Craig. I will gladly defer my faulty memory to you expertise on what you feel.

That sounds sarcastic, but it is not.

Well, I didn't really expect such a response. :confused3 I normally don't post anything remotely controversial, but this one stuck with me and I felt the need to say something.

Please know, and I specifically said this in my post, that I know the Podcast team are not mean people. Nor do I think they don't love Disney. I've met most of them and did the DIS BSM with John and Kevin this summer, so I've seen it in action. The team is clearly hard working and dedicated and I enjoy getting to listen along every week. You've made traffic jams and late night drives home all the better. :grouphug:

I definitely agree with the idea that it's all a matter of perspective and I know that my own definitely played a part in how I reacted. That said, I honestly live for some of the snarky and fun comments on the show. ""Damn she really is a poutine" and Pete teasing John over "business magnets/magnates" are two recent faves.

No doubt that everyone has their own thing they obsess about and honor in their own way. But I whole-heartedly agree that to each their own!

And while we're on the subject of to each their own, I never did share my own personal Disney confession. I supposed the fact that we live in Florida now because it's closer to Disney is part of it. However, whenever I visit our local airport, it makes me happy that through some combination of air conditioning and an indoor fountain, it smells exactly like Pirates of the Caribbean.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. I look forward to the new Podcast on Tuesday! :dance3:

Well, I didn't really expect such a response. :confused3 I normally don't post anything remotely controversial, but this one stuck with me and I felt the need to say something. Please know, and I specifically said this in my post, that I know the Podcast team are not mean people. Nor do I think they don't love Disney. I've met most of them and did the DIS BSM with John and Kevin this summer, so I've seen it in action. The team is clearly hard working and dedicated and I enjoy getting to listen along every week. You've made traffic jams and late night drives home all the better. :grouphug: I definitely agree with the idea that it's all a matter of perspective and I know that my own definitely played a part in how I reacted. That said, I honestly live for some of the snarky and fun comments on the show. ""Damn she really is a poutine" and Pete teasing John over "business magnets/magnates" are two recent faves. No doubt that everyone has their own thing they obsess about and honor in their own way. But I whole-heartedly agree that to each their own! And while we're on the subject of to each their own, I never did share my own personal Disney confession. I supposed the fact that we live in Florida now because it's closer to Disney is part of it. However, whenever I visit our local airport, it makes me happy that through some combination of air conditioning and an indoor fountain, it smells exactly like Pirates of the Caribbean. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. I look forward to the new Podcast on Tuesday! :dance3:

So I'm not the only one who loves the manky, damp smell of Pirates of the Caribbean?

I think we can all be a little sensitive at times because at times we are judged by outside forces.

I listened to a young lady who is a member of my organization state last week that Disney "destroys" things. And I get eye rolls whenever I mention Disney.

So yes that is part of it. The team is wonderful and it was all in fun.

I know he was away, but I wish Kevin was in this segment. He is eloquent in a much different way than the other folks on the Podcast.

I felt a little ashamed at some of the reactions of the pod casters, but only a little. I know they were just having fun and in the grand scheme of things, little humor is fine.

I wish my church had an organist who snuck in Illuminations music.

I have a hidden Mickey in my bathroom. I'm sure most if you will never be in my bathroom so I'll give you the spoiler! You can see it when sitting on the toilet, in the reflection of one of the mirrors!

This is beyond cool! Please post a pic so we can all see it! :thumbsup2

No one was forced to confess anything that they didn't want to confess. One of my confessions was read, and I thought the show was great. Lots of fun, actually.

This... If one chooses to disclose a "confession" one may expect that it's not something widely shared and will likely get a few jokes. I identified with a lot of the confessions and thought thought the segment was all in good humor.

This is beyond cool! Please post a pic so we can all see it! :thumbsup2
I will try to get one once I clean the bathroom later today. I just had houseguests leave... Need I say more?! The Mickey is in an odd place but I'll do my best to get the reflection in the mirror.

I have two confessions.

1 is from my husband who is not on the boards. I bought him a donald watch years ago and if he was missing the parks he would sniff the leather watch band because it smelled like the water in Pirates.

Mine:

I keep my old CM id in my wallet, now 20 years later and about 3 trips worth of old room keys, my old AP and Tables in Wonderland… why.. just incase.

Amen Theresa, I thought this show was very fun to listen to. I don't think anyone was hurt by it. I think people were laughing since they could relate. I feel like it brought up a good discussion.

Oh I should probably add my confessions. I am guilty of pretend trip planning. I have even passed out my travel survey to friends to fill it. I have two sisters that haven't really shared my love of Disney. My older sister stated when my niece was born that she didn't want her to have Disney stuff. I just give my 2 year old niece Disney character stuff from Disney Junior and my sister hasn't figured out that it's Disney Junior. My younger sister didn't care if I gave her kids Disney stuff but she just wasn't that into Disney until she started running and I keep trying to get her to do a run Disney event. Last weekend my younger sister adopted a puppy and the kids 4 and 2 both wanted to name the dog Mickey. That was the confirmation I needed that her children have the Disney bug. Last week my nephew 4 asked for a Mickey Mouse t-shirt. I have bought it already and now need to figure out how to give him the shirt without getting yelled at for buying him more stuff. I do admit that they have seen me with my Disney stuff and I tell them about working at Disney.

Sara M: They let you keep your id? They made me cut out everything but my picture on my id card. I did find a key pass for parking in the parking lots but I figure that is not any good now. I was given it on my advanced internship because we started some of our tours from those parking lots waiting for groups. I found it in my glove compartment in my car.

Sara M: They let you keep your id? They made me cut out everything but my picture on my id card. I did find a key pass for parking in the parking lots but I figure that is not any good now. I was given it on my advanced internship because we started some of our tours from those parking lots waiting for groups. I found it in my glove compartment in my car.

They made me cut the barcode off the bottom. But yes they let me keep it.

I really loved this show :)

My Disney Confessions:

I started a bank account concealed from my husband; money is tight but anytime I can add money into the account I will, currently I've been putting in an average of $100.00 a month. I'm hoping between the monthly savings and money gifted from Christmas, tax refunds, etc. -- to be able to bring my kids in 2 years.

In addition, I also read up on Disney (I haven't been since 2007) on my Kindle -- also concealed from my husband.......I don't need him crushing my dream. :). I also download the Podcast to listen to while on my 1 hour (sometimes 2 hour) commute.

I LOVED the segment! I do wish they got to more confessions, and less jibba jabba though.

My Disney Confession:
My BFF and I have a pact. When I die, I will be cremated. Her task is to scoop some of me out in a plastic baggy, and secretly sprinkle me in different places throughout the park. Don't worry, not where anyone will sit. I don't want to be sat on for eternity.

I actually told my daughter that I want to be cremated and my ashes thrown at the opera singing ghost in the Haunted Mansion (I'm a professional classical singer) in both WDW and DL. But I also know that if she got caught she'd be kicked out of the park, so I don't know if I'll hold her to it. But, the main point is, when I go, I want to leave her enough money to have a great trip to WDW and DL and remember the fun times we had together.

I actually told my daughter that I want to be cremated and my ashes thrown at the opera singing ghost in the Haunted Mansion

This is probably a common theme. I've told my family I want them to rent a speed boat and dump my ashes in the Seven Seas Lagoon. I figure they could get away with that pretty easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter