DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

I LOVE Celebrate the Magic! I watched it 3 times on our trip in January and was in complete awe everytime.
I'm really enjoying your trip report, I love reading about all your dreams coming true. If I had known about the DCP before my senior year of college, I would have applied. It seems like such a magical experience.

I was in the Magic Kingdom on March 3 for Wishes and EMH. I didn't last until midnight though! I was freezing! In your Wishes photos..it looked like you could have been near us. I was by the Adventureland bridge. It was nice how uncrowned everything was that night but I was cold so I think I left before 11pm. Looks like you guys had a blast!!

dsc0138gd.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Love that Mark is wearing a Johnny Cupcakes T-Shirt. John grew up 1/2 a mile away from my house..., still lives here in town!

Oh My Gosh, it looks like you had a great time with Preston there!!! Can't wait for more pics! I just went and watched the frumps are back and fart shoes videos on YouTube and was laughing so much that now my sides hurt, thanks!:rotfl2: I am curious as to what kind of hand held video camera did you use for the videos? I am looking to buy my daughter one before she leaves for France at the end of the month. Thanks in advance!

danielle79 said:
Oh My Gosh, it looks like you had a great time with Preston there!!! Can't wait for more pics! I just went and watched the frumps are back and fart shoes videos on YouTube and was laughing so much that now my sides hurt, thanks!:rotfl2: I am curious as to what kind of hand held video camera did you use for the videos? I am looking to buy my daughter one before she leaves for France at the end of the month. Thanks in advance!

Sony cybershot HD handycam camcorder.

Hey there! I am a lurker, like many, and started reading your thread because I was a hopeful for the next season. I was accepted today for Fall Advantage Custodial, so now this thread has become more of a "look what I will be able to do" thread. Yay! I love reading about everything you are doing and it looks like you are having so much fun!

Jess, I just got accepted for the Fall 13 DCP!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited I can't even stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you still be working there at the beginning of my program? I would so so SO love to meet you :)

Disney Bubbles said:
Jess, I just got accepted for the Fall 13 DCP!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited I can't even stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing Fall 2013 as well!! I'm doing Advantage though.

Just been catching up on your posts!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure so far with your DCP!! Not long now till your training for Concierge :banana:

Glad your trip with Preston was amazing and filled with Pixie dust!!pixiedust:

Thanks so much for sharing your journey and your photos

Shannon

I'm still along for the ride and I'm enjoying every update. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us!

We stayed at AoA this past November with my then 10 month old son and 6 year old step-daughter. We were in the LM rooms...I love the Resort. We had so much fun walking through the entire Resort...the theming is PERFECTION!

My DH and I are planning a Honeymoon Re-do for January 2014. We went to WDW for our Honeymoon back in 2011, but unfortunately he ended up cracking his tooth and was in so much pain it was hard for him to enjoy the trip. So, we want to go back again. We feel guilty not bringing the kiddos, but we will go back with them soon.

Thanks again for all the updates...can't wait for the next one!

Jess, do you have any special camera settings you use for fireworks pics? Or do you just set to auto and start blasting away? Your fireworks pics are really good, and I assume you're not using a tripod...

Jess, I would love to know as well. Also, do you use the kit lens that came with the camera or something snazzier? Thanks!
-Tess

Hey Jess - My dd just got accepted for the fall DCP and we are all super excited. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your review. I've encouraged her to check it out as well, because you are a perfect example of working and playing and making the most of this experience.

I have a question about the Hub and the discount for CPer's. We are planning a fall break trip to visit her while she's there and I'm just worried that if we wait until she gets there in August to book for October we won't find much available. Do you think that will be an issue?

Hey!

I've been a long-time lurker, and I must say, I love your trip reports, and I especially love hearing about your DCP experience. I'm a junior in high school and plan on doing DCP, and I absolutely love hearing about your experiences. Thanks so much!

Jess, I would love to know as well. Also, do you use the kit lens that came with the camera or something snazzier? Thanks!
-Tess

I honestly just use my Nikon D3100 and have it on the no flash option. I don't use a tripod or anything, I just hold it really still. Afterwords I just crop the photos on my iPhoto, add a little contrast and saturation, and BAM. Fireworks pictures.

March 4th, 2013 (Part 1) - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater!

This morning I got up early again! I really didn't feel good at all. My throat was hurting and I was beyond exhausted and I just felt awful. I took a shower and Preston got me some water to drink. Then once I got out the door, I felt a lot better. THANK GOD.

It was still really cold when we were outside, but thankfully as the day went on it gradually got warmer.

Karen, Preston, and I headed to Hollywood Studios and the bus pulled up within one minute of us standing there. We seriously couldn't believe our luck!!

We got to the park early but we had to wait for Matt, who was late.

img9051n.jpg

I posted on twitter:
Introducing @prestovision to the other love of my life, TOY STORY MANIA.

img9053u.jpg

I broke 200,000 on my first game of the day! I was on a roll. YAY TOY STORY!

dsc0348qj.jpg

After that, Preston and I hopped right in line for Woody and Buzz. We got in their line a little bit before 9:15 am which was the time they came out for the day. They were both adorable and Woody had me give him a kiss on the cheek! What a flirt! Preston told him to watch himself. Also, Buzz was the man. He stamped my autograph book like such a space ranger. Very official.

dsc0349hp.jpg

Then we were HUNGRY! So it was Starring Rolls time! I got there and I looked in the case for my beautiful red velvet cupcake. Then.. a tragedy occurred.

THERE WERE NO RED VELVET CUPCAKES.

I asked a cast member if they were going to have any today, so she went back to check and she said she didn't know. I sadly chose another pastry and headed to checkout.

The cast member at the register asked how we were doing today and I said I'm alright... but I'm sad because there are no red velvet cupcakes. ): He said he was so sorry about that and he took care of Preston's order.

Right before he cashed me out, the other cast member yelled over to me MISS! WE HAVE SOME RED VELVET CUPCAKES IN THE BACK!!! And I was like oh my goodness, can I have one!?!?! So she gave one to me! I WAS SO HAPPY.

dsc0356vf.jpg

Preston got a delicious looking apple Danish:

dsc0352et.jpg

WE LOVE OUR ORANGE JUICE!

dsc0355nc.jpg

And Matt was BLOWN AWAY by his butterfinger cupcake:

dsc0357r.jpg

Then we had a little time until our Toy Story fastpasses, so we went to the animation building just to hang out for a little bit. Preston and I decided to meet Sorcerer Mickey!

dsc0359ej.jpg

dsc0361ci.jpg

SNIPES in the Animation Building! (courtesy of Preston)

dsc0366nf.jpg

dsc0367ze.jpg

Then we went back to Toy Story Mania and PRESTON BEAT ME. People, the kid broke 200,000 on his SECOND RIDE EVER. DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO GET THAT SCORE!?!?! Ugh curse those video game skills!!!

dsc0369oe.jpg

Its kind of hilarious how competitive we got over this game. It was so fun!!!

The green army man was meeting in Pixar Place so we said hello! He was a cool guy and we took an awesome picture all together! This is definitely one of my favorites!

dsc0370k.jpg

At 11:15 am we had lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre!

img9068q.jpg

We added a 6th person to our reservation and were seated in a red car! YAY YAY YAY! Everyone was blown away by the theming! No one had ever been there before besides me! (Well, Mark went when he was like 7 years old. So it doesn't count.)

dsc0375cg.jpg

Everyone (besides me) got milkshakes! They were really thick and you could pretty much eat them with a spoon. YUM.

I got spinach and artichoke dip and onion rings for my meal. It had been WAY too long since I had this winning combination. Gahh I am so obsessed. I want more artichoke dip NOW.

dsc0379f.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I'm having the most stellar combination of appetizers to ever grace this planet at Sci-Fi.

dsc0380a.jpg

Literally everyone else got the all American picnic burger and they were HAPPY. I tried Preston's and DANG it was so good!!!

dsc0377tg.jpg

Some of them used dining plans and got the chocolate peanut butter cake. Preston got the turtle cheesecake with his dining plan. I didn't use a dining credit for this meal so I passed on dessert this time around.

dsc0383f.jpg

LOOK! IT'S JUST LIKE THE CREEPY DOLL FROM TOWER OF TERROR OMG.

dsc0382wo.jpg

I LOVED OUR LITTLE RED CAR!

dsc0384fa.jpg

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter