DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Loving your trip report!!! I check daily for updates- without a Disney trip planned (which I will have to change very soon), this thread makes my heart hurt for how much I miss Disney already and I was just there 2 months ago for 10 days- I seriously envy your life. :)

Hi Jess! I just booked a night for us at CSR for our arrival day before we go to BWV. I hope I will see you there! We have never stayed at Coronado before so it seemed like a good time to try it out. We are in DVC so we usually only stay one night somewhere else when we are arriving late in the day. Only 40 days to go now! I am loving hearing about your adventures!

That really stinks that you weren’t feeling well. I’m glad you got better though! And TSM MUST HAVE made you feel even better/.

OMG thank GOD you got a red velvet cupcake. And a FREEEE one! I would have been heartbroken too. I mean, red velvet cupcakes from Starring Rolls make the world go round. True fact.

THAT CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE LOOKS LIKE IT CAME FROM HEAVEN.

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY!!!

The pb&j milkshake comes from the gods. That thing is SO YUMMY.

Reading along, wishing I had known about this program (if they even had it) when I was your age! Maybe I will have indoctrinated one if my kids so much into Disney that they will apply & also have such a great opportunity as well! Heading down in 11 days (to AK Kindani DVC), but maybe we will see you at one if the parks! Enjoy the rest of your program & thanks for sharing :)

It's taken me days but I finally caught up on the whole thread! LOVING your TR! Thank you for all the time and effort you put into it. You've inspired me to start a PTR. We'll see how it goes. Won't be nearly as entertaining and well done as yours though! Keep up the good work! (and the playing and eating!)

Have to agree - know that the time you put into your TR is appreciated :flower3:. The photos are wonderful - no doubt your TR has inspired lots of folks to look into the college program not to mention inspire folks to share some of the Disney magic on their next vacation. Thank again Jess, have enjoyed reading along -you truly go above and beyond and your love of all things Disney makes for one incredible TR!!

Fantastic report!
I am sooooooooooooo sooooooooo jealous................but happy that you are sharing it with us.:thumbsup2
You are living the life, enjoy every minute:goodvibes

You have my vote to be the next Stacy!

Just read your TR and it's a ton of fun. I can only hope when we take our little ones to DLR for their first Disney experience we find CMs as caring as you. What an exceptional viewpoint you are providing into something many of us know little about. And as pps said, there are always negative people out there. You seem motivated, responsible, driven and level-headed. You are not talking about driving to a meth lab or worrying about how you are going to make rent. So ignore them. You are on a grand adventure -- enjoy it! You are 19YO and probably have a ridiculous metabolism (I remember I could eat a box of twinkies if I wanted to and aside from feeling ill, not gain an ounce) -- enjoy it (because, uh, yeah, that ends :sad:)! All things come to an end at some point as a new adventure begins so enjoy the moments you are gifted without paying heed to folks who just want to be negative. While you are bound to make mistakes at times, that is part of growing up -- and also part of that adventure. pixiedust:

I'm still following along. I totally enjoy your twitter posts. Preston has a fantastic smile and don't even get me started on his fabulous head of hair! You make an adorable couple!

I love how you end the last post with a cliffhanger...Will Preston like ToT? LOL :rotfl2: My guess is he will.

I love reading your post. Thanks again for sharing. :thumbsup2

March 4th, 2013 (Part 3) - Fantasmic and Extra Magic Hours Date!

The anticipation was just building like crazy for Preston on his first ride of Tower of Terror and he didn’t want me to give him any warnings or anything! He didn’t have any idea when the drops were coming and he was holding on for dear life!! Oh my God it was SO MUCH FUN to see his reaction! He loved it, obviously!

dsc0425sc.jpg

After that we went to go see One Man’s Dream.

dsc0429io.jpg

Preston loved looking at all of the displays on the way to the movie. We had like 15 minutes until the show started and we just looked at EVERYTHING. He’s a huge fan of Oswald so when we found Oswald stuff he just was in love.

dsc0430pi.jpg

dsc0431d.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I'm so incredibly happy that my boyfriend can walk through the One Man's Dream exhibits and fully appreciate them.

We also admired all of the New Fantasyland displays and well as the foreign Disney park displays. Tokyo Disneyland’s stuff is just too incredible. This was also when I decided that I really want to visit all of the Disney theme parks around the globe before I die. I just think there is so many incredible things out there that this company has created, and since I am so passionate about the company, I really would love to see it all.

img9077jo.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I just wish my career could include me traveling to Disney destinations all over the globe. That would be the perfect life.

We watched the show and it was beautiful, as always. I’m so glad we both enjoyed it and had time to fit that in!

After that we had about 7 minutes until the Writer’s Stop closed. MUST GET CARROT CAKE COOKIE!

So we headed over in that direction. Preston stopped to look at a pin board and he found an ADORABLE Chip and Dale pin that he was so excited about.

Then I got our Carrot Cake Cookie and he got Jelly Beans! We headed back towards Fantasmic and saw Alicia and Ryan on our way! They told us the line for Fantasmic looked crazy so we headed right there for the 8:30 pm show!

We stopped to take a few pictures on our way!

dsc0434fk.jpg

dsc0435gg.jpg

We got there a little after 8 pm and were loaded into the theater. Preston didn’t even know “this part of Disney” existed! He thought it was really cool.

dsc0436c.jpg

We found a row and walked all the way to the front. We literally got THE CENTER SPOT IN THE FRONT ROW FOR FANTASMIC. There seriously isn’t a better seat in that entire theater. Preston and I were SO EXCITED.

While we waited we DEVOURED our carrot cake cookie. This was Preston’s first one and he just couldn’t get over it. IT WAS SO INCREDIBLY GOOD. It was soft and the icing was the perfect cool temperature and amazing flavor. AHHH.

dsc0437fz.jpg

I posted on twitter:
Casually just got the best seats in the entire theater for Fantasmic and I'm sharing a carrot cake cookie with my boyfriend. LIFE IS GREAT.

At 8:30 pm Fantasmic started. It was SO magical watching it with Preston. We were just dancing along to the upbeat tunes and just taking it all in. He thought it was AMAZING. He was so into it and I’m so glad we were able to see it!! He loved the water catching on fire and the character boat at the end. That was the best viewing of Fantasmic I have ever had. It could not have been better!

img9079n.jpg

dsc0441hm.jpg

dsc0448j.jpg

MICKEY ALWAYS WINS!

10839165273_f42b8d68fd_z.jpg

Oh hey, Meg!

dsc0459p.jpg

Preston's favorites:

dsc0461d.jpg

My favorites:

dsc0463ac.jpg

Love them.

dsc0464xh.jpg

What a cutie!

dsc0466s.jpg

Some imagination, huh?

dsc0478kb.jpg

I posted on twitter:
That was the most perfect showing of Fantasmic of my LIFE.

Even though the show ended at 9 pm, it was Extra Magic Hours until 10 pm! WOOHOO! So we went on Tower of Terror because IT’S THE BEST RIDE EVER.

dsc0479rz.jpg

dsc0481v.jpg

We went on the ride again, and then after we ran over to Rock N Roller Coaster. We got to ride that right before EMH ended. We requested the front and it was SO worth it. We loved being able to see where we were going and my eyes were watering. It was AWESOME!!!

dsc0485wq.jpg

Then we left the park. That was SUCH a fantastic day!

dsc0488k.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I think the best date ever is going to Extra Magic Hours with your boyfriend.

We were the last two people who fit on our Art of Animation bus and we stopped in the gift shop for a little bit to look around. Then we went back up to the room and I caught up on my trip notes! The mousekeeper cleaned the room and left Muffin on the bed watching Stacey! HOW DID THEY KNOW THAT'S MUFFIN'S FAVORITE SHOW!?!

dsc0489p.jpg

dsc0492mb.jpg

Then it was SLEEP TIME!

Continued in Next Post

OMG there's been so much love for One Man's Dream lately that I could just burst. :love: It is important. I've always said, if all you want is rides... go to six flags!

Because you have so many followers, I'm so glad you said how important it is for anyone who hasn't been in there.

ToT = :jumping1:

The foreign Disney parks look INCREDIBLE. I spend hours looking on their websites and then I spend hours crying because I WANT TO GOOOO.

Your pictures of Fantasmic are great and I’m so happy that Preston loved it! It seriously is an amazing show.

It seems like almost every single time you go on ToT, you get stuck with annoying people. From the teenagers to the cheerleaders…

Muffin is like the coolest stuffed animal ever. The fact that he loves Stacey is awesome.

The decision has been hard...but I think this is my favorite out of all your TRs. I know...tough choice. But I l just love this one! It not only entertains, but informs! You are truly so fantastic and passionate about Disney. You definitely deserve to be where you are working at Disney. Keep up all the great work! You are fabulous! :thumbsup2

Awwww, such a nice update! Isn't it great experiencing things you've seen a million times with someone who hasn't ever seen them? So glad you had such a lovely EMH date!

The burning question for me is how have I not had a carrot cake cookie??????? Carrot cake is my favorite! Probably because I'm too full from the Butterfinger cupcake!

I went to Disneyland Paris/Euro Disney back in college when I did a summer study abroad program. A group of us ditched out on a choice day when we were supposed to go to museums to go to Disney. But it actually was educational in a lot of ways because things are so different there than in the States. I went to Tokyo as well right after college because one of my BFF's dad's works for Disney and he's a top exec in building the theme parks. They lived in Tokyo twice so we went to visit and it was phenomenal! I got a behind the seas tour of the Seas expansion and drove where the lakes, etc were going to be. It was awesome! I went and visited them in Hong Kong too but I didn't get to go to Hong Kong. (We went on a mother daughter trip so different priorities.) All that to say, go! And you never know where your career or your travels will take you! It's so important to see the world, Disney and not, beyond your front door!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter