DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

:hug:
So glad that you're feeling better. Also glad you found a 'not-homesick-as-bad-anymore' show. Always did like Full House. :)

CoolMom

friday_gif_collection_05.gif

I love this post.

Glad you are feeling better Jess

Many things can be the "best ever" and it doesn't have to end when you are young! I have reached a stage in my life where, as pass holders, we go to Disney pretty often. We eat cupcakes, and carrot cake cookies and dole whips and love every minute of it. We have had the best moments during the last eight years watching my daughter practically grow up there.

Life is what you make it. We have our share of stressy hard times. We have mundane times. We have days that are the worst ever. We don't have an unrealistic view of life, we just choose to be happy and fun. :)

No one should ever be made to feel bad for enjoying life.

I'm glad that reality has set in for you: first, that you are a generally happy, positive and optimistic person who can find joy in the smallest things, as those are qualities that will stand you in good stead in your life. Second, that you are not daft enough to go badmouthing your potential future employer and are clever enough to be honest and savvy in your communications without being rude, cruel or snarky. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup2

Jess -

I have lurked for A LONG TIME throughout nearly all of your trip reports and I just love them. I almost did the Disney College Program about 13 years ago when I was 19 but alas my life went a different route. Now I'm a producer for a film studio so I guess I can't complain but it sure is fun seeing "what if" through your eyes. :)

Also, I don't know what the issue is with some people. When I met my husband years ago he was THE BEST MAN EVER. Every day I wake up with him next to me and my puppy at my feet it is the BEST MORNING EVER. I started reading Game of Thrones and it is seriously the BEST BOOK EVER. I've run a couple of Disney half marathons over the last two years and they are hands down THE BEST EVER. That chocolate mousse sold in EPCOT France is OMG THE YUMMIEST EVER. I hold my husband's hand all the time and it is THE BEST FEELING EVER. I ate some organic carrots the other day and they were nearly THE BEST FOOD EVER but then I ate some organic tomatoes too which were also practically THE BEST THING EVER and so now I am conflicted. Especially when cheese is like THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. Also, I have the MOST AWESOME JOB. EV-AR.

That's my reality. Things have been super awesome and great and fabulous and the best things ever my entire life. Even when they weren't. Because it's all a matter of perspective and outlook and you, my dear, have an amazingly positive amount of both. Don't ever lose that. It is a fabulous quality and will take you far in life.

Look forward to reading more updates! :)

- Carey

Glad you are feeling better! And that work event sounds like fun

Glad you are feeling better!!! I too have been hooked on my Full House DVDs which is so funny!! I've been sick off and on this week too! The homesickness does come and go but I just remind myself how most of the time I'm so happy here and thankful for all there is to do and all the experiences I have!!

Jess,

You write about things that so many people enjoy reading. That takes SO much more talent than putting somebody down because they are ENJOYING their experience :confused:

Please don't let someone like denisea51 bring you down just think about how much she must be enjoying her points :goodvibes

Jess -

I have lurked for A LONG TIME throughout nearly all of your trip reports and I just love them. I almost did the Disney College Program about 13 years ago when I was 19 but alas my life went a different route. Now I'm a producer for a film studio so I guess I can't complain but it sure is fun seeing "what if" through your eyes. :)

Also, I don't know what the issue is with some people. When I met my husband years ago he was THE BEST MAN EVER. Every day I wake up with him next to me and my puppy at my feet it is the BEST MORNING EVER. I started reading Game of Thrones and it is seriously the BEST BOOK EVER. I've run a couple of Disney half marathons over the last two years and they are hands down THE BEST EVER. That chocolate mousse sold in EPCOT France is OMG THE YUMMIEST EVER. I hold my husband's hand all the time and it is THE BEST FEELING EVER. I ate some organic carrots the other day and they were nearly THE BEST FOOD EVER but then I ate some organic tomatoes too which were also practically THE BEST THING EVER and so now I am conflicted. Especially when cheese is like THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD. Also, I have the MOST AWESOME JOB. EV-AR.

That's my reality. Things have been super awesome and great and fabulous and the best things ever my entire life. Even when they weren't. Because it's all a matter of perspective and outlook and you, my dear, have an amazingly positive amount of both. Don't ever lose that. It is a fabulous quality and will take you far in life.

Look forward to reading more updates! :)

- Carey

I agree. And may I add that this is THE BEST Trip Report Ever!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Jess,
I was down at Disney a couple weeks ago and kept my eye out for you, but no such luck. Sounds like you were working the Boardwalk shift while I was at Epcot, but that's about as close as we came, LOL.
Anyway, so glad you are feeling better.
My DD10 recently discovered Full House and loves it! It brings back fond memories for me of when I used to watch it with my little sisters. :goodvibes

Jess,Frumpdom is spreading here at the World Disney World Resort!:)

Everyone was buying Ponchos today at Epcot to combat the incessant afternoon/evening rain and I overheard two girls talking.:)

After they put the Ponchos on,one girl looked at the other and said:

"WE LOOK SO FRUMPY IN THESE PONCHOS!!!!":)

I about fell out!:)

Jess,Frumpdom is spreading here at the World Disney World Resort!:)

Everyone was buying Ponchos today at Epcot to combat the incessant afternoon/evening rain and I overheard two girls talking.:)

After they put the Ponchos on,one girl looked at the other and said:

"WE LOOK SO FRUMPY IN THESE PONCHOS!!!!":)

I about fell out!:)

Lol thats funny. My mom and I have used to word frumpy for years!!!! Would totally be something we would say. :)

I love Jess & Mark day out updates! Mark always has the biggest grin on his face :goodvibes Are most of your friends and current coworkers leaving at the end of the month, or are there a good amount that are staying through the Summer like you are?

Can someone please help me. OMG, I am so old!!!

I had to set up a Twitter account to follow my daughter for her class trip so i thought since I now have an account why not follow Jess. I emailed her to unblock me. What is her twitter name? I can't find her. Do I have to wait until she sends me a tweet?

It sucks when you are sick, and you miss your mom, and coming after a life shaking incident.... you just want to crawl into a hole and watch tv.

But shake it off when you feel better, this is your reality.... you are chasing your dream right now and your other life will be there when you get back....

It's odd....that Disney bubble, where your current reality and real life weave into something that is oddly livable. Where a Tuesday could be your Friday and you know the seasons changed by the hanging baskets on Main St.

You are doing a good job ignoring the trolls.... some people never get the idea that their version of perfection is not everyone else's. If you don't like the view.. move... if this dream isn't working... find another, but they aren't smart enough, or brave enough to do something about it.

Don't change your outlook ever. Life is hard enough than to wander around it with your knickers in a knot and a stick up your down bellows.... and jealous only turns you sickly green and on most people, it's NOT a good color.

Though... I am SUPREMELY jealous of all the networking you are getting to do via the Program...I had to do it on my own and my own time and it wasn't easy.
I am so proud that they have expanded this program the way they have.

Just keep us all updated when you can. I am enjoying this so much.. I think we all are!!

We checked in at Coronado Springs on last Friday evening and saw you there- probably just as you were about to leave. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but glad you're feeling better now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter